“Charged for services that don't even work!”

Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I've stayed at Extended Stay's in several locations and the experience is NEVER the same. One hotel makes you regret even funding the hospitality industry, and the next stay is overall, very pleasant. One thing that is always consistent is that you can expect to pay $5 for internet services........ services that do not work worth a dime! You will wait, literally, 10 minutes for even Yahoo to load.

I've learned that this hotel is definately not one to stay at for business purposes.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Skydragon86

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Only in for a couple of hours before a flight early in the a.m. - Didn't need much - but still no towels, soap, shampoo or toilet paper in the room -

Good location to the 494 and 5 minutes from MSP airport

Clean - no bfast - no computers - no pool - no fitness center

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JSH80634
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I booked this through Hotwire which I have had good luck with before. Not so this time in fact, this was terrable. The cab fare from the airport was $25, totally killing any savings. I couldn't get in once there, the doors were locked. Finally a guest let me in. No one at he desk, I had to call. The bed was very uncomfortable and the TV was tiny. I had seen in some reviews that the food was good. What food??? There is not any food in the hotel and none within walking distance. They also charge for Internet!! What was supposed to be a good deal cost me more than an upscale hotel. Hotwire informed me it was my fault and did not seem interested in making this right.
I WILL NEVER stay at Extended Stay again and I will be booking future travel through Expedia.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Pathfinder7777
Reviewed 25 March 2011

My boyfriend booked this hotel through priceline for a weekend visit to the Mall of America. I don't have any real complaints about the hotel. It wasn't the greatest but it wasn't the worst either. The young lady that checked us in was extremely pleasant and helpful with directions. The place could use a bit of updating and some good air freshners! The bathroom was clean and the bed fairly comfortable. It was very quiet and everything worked as it should.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reece1125
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I've stayed here twice, once in summer and now in winter. I always enjoy myself at this hotel.

Rooms are nice (Comfortable, quiet, very apartment-like)
Very good location (Right near stores and close to Mall of America and downtown Minneapolis)
Decent price (Average)
Bus service available
Ok staff (Many don't know how to work the computer/printer properly so I wouldn't recommend getting anything printed from there. But overall they're accommodating)

Best: Location
Worst: Staff need to be trained a bit more

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank L O
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I had the experience of staying at the bloomington extended stay america with my roomate, from january into february, for business. The place was fairly clean and the housekeeping decent. However the entire building smelled like an ashtray and the blankets we were given had cigarette burn holes in them as well as the couch and arm chair. I had to get a ton of extra blankets because the window was drafty and the blankets were so thin. The front desk was almost always vacant and no one would be there if we needed assistance, I recommed that they get a bell so they can hear people. The main reason I am irritated with the quality of this hotel is the fact that I believe they may have a bed bug infestation. I left with a large amount of bites on my body as did my roommate. We left our stuff outside in the freezing cold all night and then washed everything the next night to prevent the spred and contamination of it to our homes. Beware if you stay and get bitten while at this location and take the proper steps... the price explains it all...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sheepgirl29
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I had reserved this hotel for our shopping trip to Minneapolis/Bloomington mostly because of the location and the fact that it had a microwave and fridge. We like to try the local restaurant scene as much as possible and a lot of the time have leftovers, even in nicer hotels there is no where to keep them or warm them up later for a late night snack. Enter the Extended Stay with a well equipped kitchenette, I thought it would serve our purpose well, and it did.

When we arrived there was no one at the desk, but only took them a few seconds to come from the back, probably saw us walk in on camera, she was very nice and explained the room cleaning service, seemed to make sense to me, if I wanted more towels I just had to call them.

I will say that for a having a non smoking room (which didn't smell like smoke at all really) the hallway and elevator sure did, it was saturated. I thought the room itself probably needed a renovation, and the T.V. was kind of out of date by today's standards but it worked fine. My main complaint with the room was the shower head, which was kind of gross, I thought about running down to Wal-Mart and getting them a new one. The room otherwise was clean. I did not really notice any noise from any other rooms, and the heater worked fine, I kept it on non-stop since there was a blizzard going on outside. There was no gym or free breakfast that I remember.

The wireless internet on the other hand, since it was not free and I had to pay a fee to use was below average. It was pretty slow (the internet on my phone was faster) and it would disconnect frequently.

Otherwise you get what you pay for and for under $60 a night, I'm not sure what some people expect, I've seen worse definitely when paying more so I thought it was a good value overall.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaiserKC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington? Share your experiences!