“Great Breakfast, Great Staff”

Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great Breakfast, Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My mom and I stayed here the weekend of my sister's wedding. It was a very nice hotel, the lobby was great. Definitely get the breakfast as it was far better than any other continental breakfast I've had at a hotel. We also had room service for dinner one night and it was lovely as well. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The only downside was that the rooms could really stand to be redone. Ours was very sparsely decorated and not in fantastic shape. It did seem very clean, though.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and dinner while you stayed with us. We have some truly talented people in our restaurant. I will pass your comments on to them.

I hope you choose us for your lodging again if your travels find you in our area again!

Darryn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hungarian first
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we found a sweet deal on a whirlpool suite.

The hotel had a nice lobby with a full bar, open late. The bartender seemed knowledgable. There was plenty of seating and a nice fireplace in the lobby.

The room was spacious, modern and well-maintained. The room was very clean. The whirlpool was a part of the room rather than in the bathroom like some places. It was nice to watch tv while in the whirlpool. The king sized bed came with plenty of pillows. I prefer flat pillows and I found one that was perfect. This is a big deal to me because I get neck aches easily. My husband was able to fine one of his liking too- lots of variety.

The workout room was clean and the machines seemed in good working order. Don't forget to turn on the A/C in the gym before your workout. The room was very warm for October because the A/C was off.

The free coffee bar was a nice touch in the morning. Breakfast was available but the restaurant, Jake's I think, was pricy.

The hotel is very close to the airport and the Mall if America and just off the freeway. Great location. I'd stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value feedback as it helps us improve. I’m glad to hear how much you enjoyed some of the amenities the hotel has to offer. If your travels find you in the area again I hope you stay with us.

Grand Rapids, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel was a good night sleep before an early morning flight. The shuttle was on time and quick to get to the airport. We had dinner in the cafe as well. A bit expensive for soup and sandwiches, but tasted good. We took our food out to the courtyard, a nice outdoor space. There were a lot of planes flying over, but that is to be expected this close to the airport. We couldn't hear them from inside. The parking is good too, just don't park under the trees or you'll have to scrub sap odd your car when you return (this was in August).

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate our guests who take the time to give us feedback. We strive to improve ourselves with every day and every stay. I’m glad you had an opportunity to enjoy our outdoor space. This area was fully renovated just this year.
We look forward to your return!

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

The check in process was smooth and the staff was very friendly. The room was nice with plenty of room. The beds were comfortable. The only draw back was the shower was small and did not have great water pressure. The bar/lounge is nice and the staff is very friendly. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean hotel near the mall of America and downtown with a bar on location.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value feedback as it helps us improve. I apologize for maintenance issue and the water pressure you experienced while staying with us. I have passed your comments on to our Director of Engineering so he can follow up will visiting each room.
If your travels find you in the area again I hope you stay with us.

Vail, Co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I ended up staying here after an bad encounter with an employee at the Ramada down the road. I was supposed to stay there 8, and had to switch. I am lucky this hotel had rooms. For less money than I was paying at the previous hotel, I got a newer hotel, a quieter hotel, a clean hot tub, friendly accommodating staff, a restaurant. All around a great experience.
The hot tub was my first stop, and while small, it was actually HOT. maybe a few too many chemicals, but I might have gone in right after they did whatever it is they do.
My room faced a VERY busy highway, but you wouldn't have known. pretty quiet for being that close to the highway. My second night I went down for dinner, and had a great meal. The waitress was busy cleaning after a large group, but got to me right away. Food was GREAT...drink was fine...just what I needed.
The room as I said was quiet, smelled clean...comfy bed..good TV selection. I WILL be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. You mentioned the chemical smell from the Hot tube. You are correct, it does have a slight odor but it’s actually due to saline instead of Chlorine. It’s an earth friendly alternative to chemicals while being just as effective.
Again, thank you for the review, we hope to see you again if your travels find you in the area!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is conveniently located near the mall of America and msp international airport. Both are approx 5 mins away by shuttle, which leaves the hotel hourly. Downside is that you have to phone the hotel to arrange pick up from either MOA or MSP but that maybe only in off season which is when we travelled. The hotel rooms are in dire need of updating. They do have that late 80's 90's feel but rooms are spacious and beds are really comfy. We stayed in room 622 which had a little balcony which was nice for the morning cuppa. Bathroom was urgh but clean. The control for the shower came of in my hand and it took a awhile to put it back to the correct setting! The staff are lovely and extremely helpful. Especially the staff for breakfast really attentive and such sweethearts. If you don't want breakfast at the hotel, the Outback Steakhouse is next door and Denny's is a short walk less then 5 mins from the hotel. Finally Vince the shuttle driver. The highlight of our stay was Vince! A really lovely man who takes a genuine interest in you and offers little nuggets of information regarding the city and what to do. He is a credit to the hotel and his warmth and kindness should not go un noticed by courtyard by marriott staff. He dropped us at the airport and left us both with a big hug and a kiss. Overall a good stay and lovely staff just do something with those rooms. We will be back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the feedback. I do apologize for the shower malfunction you experienced. Tim the Chief Engineer and all our Engineers are top notch and issues like that normally do not happen here.
I will also pass your comments on to Vince. He is a wonderful man that unconditionally takes care of people. Every day he works he brings in a big bad of candy for the associates. He even makes sure I take a few extra for my kids at home.
Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again when your travels find you in the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I booked a room at this place because my flight for the evening got bumped to the morning due to bad weather at my destination. The shuttle service from the airport was a little slow to arrive but the driver was very friendly and apologetic for running behind schedule. The front desk staff, Gwen and Ramon were both very friendly and super helpful. The bar was comfortable and the food was pretty good considering it was late at night. The room was super comfy and the bed was pretty dreamy. The exercise room was small but has 5 machines and free weights, perfect for an early morning sweat. The pool is saline which is way better than chlorine and the jacuzzi is under an atrium so it feels like you're outside (without the chill). The breakfast buffet was outstanding and much cheaper than most ala carte dishes at a place with only half the quality. All throughout my stay the staff were so friendly.
I actually rescheduled my morning flight for the afternoon because the weather was still iffy but honestly, it was mostly because I wanted to stay and enjoy the place a few extra hours. Would DEFINITELY recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2013
Darrynm, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It’s the experiences you describe that make our jobs worthwhile. I will make sure I pass your comments on to Gwen our Front Desk Manager and Ramon our Front Desk supervisor. They are the ones that drive the great customer service you described in your review.
We hope to see you again if your travels find you in our area.