“Great Location, Great Service, Courteous Employees, Good Food.”

Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Because we had such well-managed service the first time we held the 609th Tank Destroyer Battalion Association Reunion at the Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Minneapolis Airport under the direction of Nancy Solinger, we chose the same hotel for our 62nd Reunion. The 62nd reunion of the 609th Tank Destroyer Battalion Association ran smoothly again as a result of Nancy Solinger and Alisa Buck taking care of all the details for us. Everyone of the employees at the hotel are courteous and friendly. We couldn't ask for a better location. We were near the airport, Mall of America, and downtown Minneapolis. Access to transportation is fabulous. We very much appreciated the catering service employees who were so prompt in taking care of our needs in the hospitality room. Our banquet was run by a precision team, which consisted of Michele and Simeon. They went out of their way to make sure everyone was comfortable; even the 3-year-old who was attending the banquet. The food was delicious. We are pleased with all the staff and accommodations of this hotel and will continue to recommend this hotel and staff to everyone.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

A friend and I booked a suite here for the Scrapfest weekend. The price for the weekend package we booked was lower than any of the surrounding hotels making it a clear winner for what we needed. Our check in and experience with the front desk was wonderful, all of the staff are very enjoyable to work with. The down side which many other people have commented on is that the wall are so very thin. If you are a government official trying to keep information off of wiki-leaks, this is NOT the hotel for you. We were able to hear the women in the room next to us discussing their bra fittings and a surprise party for one of their husbands, and in the morning of our last day I was woken up by a banging sound that sounded like someone working on the plumbing, it was still continuing when we checked out. The other down sides include the fact that the bed is very hard, there is no door dividing the sitting area of the suite from the bedroom so there is no privacy and the lighting in the sitting area is dim, they could use another floor lamp. That being said though, in all though there were so many pluses it made up for the problems. As I stated earlier, the Crowne Plaza's shining jewel is it's staff, everyone is friendly and smiles. In the lobby there is fruit and an infused water for the guests, there is also a local paper if you are looking to catch up on the news. The location is wonderful as well, you are close to the Mall of America and the hotel has a shuttle that runs back and forth, as well as being located next to the Metro Tram that runs to downtown every 10 minutes. We were able to take the Metro downtown during rush hour and still be there in less than 20 minutes, what a great convenience! The tram is easy to figure out because there is only one line and it goes only one place so don't be afraid to try it when you visit, the front desk has a little pamphlet as well to help you out. I would stay here again for a quick weekend visit, but I am only giving the three stars because of the noise level. As a tip I would say to ask for an end room like we had, that way you only have noise form one side instead of both.

Room Tip: Try to get an end room for more peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GitchSup
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

To Gitchsup,
Thank you very much for the reply on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear you had a good stay with us, but sad to hear it was not great. I agree with you about our staff, I think we have some of the best employees in town. I am sorry about the thin walls and the noise coming from the neighbors. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town or for the next scrapfest. Thanks again.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Staff and great food on breakfast bar and conveniently located to public transportation and my husband loved the bathroom towels but not the sheets. We would stay here again. It was a wonderful stay. It is however crazy to not accept a review less than 200 words. That is way too long a review to ask for. The sheets were itchy but the duvet and the pillows were wonderful. We usually travel with our toy poodle so we do wish you were a pet friendly hotel . Your airport shuttle made it very convenient to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jpn72
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

To Jpn72:
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear about the good experience that you had at our hotel. Sorry about the sheets being itchy. I will address that with my Director of Housekeeping. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

we stay in many hotels. Each trip to this Crowne Plaza have put us in touch with more people that really are friendly and do their job very well. It is always a pleasure to return. This goes both for vacation and business stays.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

To Susan I:
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear about your great experience. I agree that we have a wonderful staff here. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town. Thanks again.

Jim Kasper

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed Sept 2013 at this hotel. Bonnie, who worked on the concierge floor was a fabulous host and provided top notch hospitality. I was very impressed with her kindness and attention to detail. She ensured I was comfortable and well fed. The room was nice, I enjoyed the bed being turned down and chocolates! This location was very convenient to the freeway and the Mall of America, among other sites. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Concierge floor is the way to go.
1  Thank Denise V

To Denise V:
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Tripadvisor. You are right about Bonnie, she is a wonderful employee and guests love her. We are glad you had a great stay. We will see you next time you are in town. Thanks again.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I attended a 4 day training class here last week. There is a light rail stop right next to the building, it's within a few minutes of the airport and it's maybe a half mile from Mall of America. But by far for me as a bike commuter was that the staff had no problem checking my bike into the back on a daily basis as I attended the 9 hour classes. Also for out of town bike tourists it's near both the Mississippi River Trail/ The Fort Snelling State Trail, a pedestrian/ bike lane across the Minnesota River will take you to Eagan and the Big Rivers Trail which will run along the Minnesota river to the Mississippi River to St. Paul or SE another 16 miles to Farmington, MN. The train will also take you north to the world famous Midtown Greenway in Minneapolis.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had a recent reservation that had to be cxl'd due to a medical emergency. Jim Casper of the Hotel was very accommodating in helping make all of the changes necessary. When we arrived late in the evening, the night staff was up beat, helpful and caused us to laugh, bring a long day to a happy ending. I sent a message to Mr. Casper about one of his staff members who brightened our day. Her name is Shahara and let me tell you, she is fantastic. I enjoyed interacting with her. I recommend this hotel for travel.

1  Thank randy o