“Overall, a nice hotel with a great gym!”

Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you're staying near the Mall of America or the MSP Airport, this hotel is just fine. The location is wonderful, easy access to the MOA and MSP Airport. The parking is odd for the hotel, as that it is on the top, uncovered floor of a garage. I couldn't imagine parking there in winter with snow. As you enter the door from the garage, the smell of chlorine from the pool can be a bit much. However, the gym is incredible, great workout.

Room Tip: Great hotel if you want to shop at the MOA
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marknbri
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here for business in mid-September, and my husband came along for a mini vacation.

The rooms are pretty spacious, with very comfortable beds. The air conditioner was a wall-mounted heat/air unit, which was LOUD AND COLD and blew directly onto the bed! There was a good sized fridge and microwave, and lots of storage. The rooms were clean, but we had to go find the maids down the hall to get an extra towel (they only provide 2).

We used the well-equipped gym regularly. There is a good variety of equipment and weights, and they provide ear buds for use on the elipticals/treadmills/bikes. I tried both recumbent bikes, and they are both broken (wobbly seats with missing bolts). The pool is huge - nice and quiet - but a bit awkward to get to - and everybody coming in or out of the parking lot walks right past (on the 2nd floor) and can look down from the balcony. You feel a bit on display sometimes. We tried the sauna, but found you had to turn it on at least 1/2 hour before entering for it to get to a decent temperature.

The buffet breakfast is really good - and really good value too. They will even let you take coffee to go when you are finished eating.

All of the public areas (reception, restaurant, hallways, elevators) are clean and inviting. The elevators are very fast. We had to wait about 2 minutes once, and found that very strange. They usually showed up in less than 20 seconds.

All in all, a really good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night for a business trip apart from the hotel looking awful, rooms just ok chairs ripped mucky walls etc, needs yo be looked after better, good bar area. Tram around the corner to the mall of america, again not brilliant.

• Stayed: October 2013
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

To North12345john,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that your stay was just average. Please contact me so I can find out some more info as to why it was just average. Thanks again for the review.

Jim K

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great waitress and great bartender. Best sweet Manhattan I've had. I stayed here many times and will keep coming back just for the great service. The room service is okay but the bar is where its at! Close to the airport so you get interesting people coming in. Lindsey was the greatest waitress I ever met very fun if I knew how to spell the bartenders name I would say great things about her.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 5,921,959
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel is nice, has a mid-century modern decor...looks dated to me. Rooms were spacious, we had a King suite. Travelocity deal. Best part, we came for the game and were able to ride the train to the metrodome from the hotel. Very nice to park there and ride train/bus to and from the game for $12 one day pass. We could have taken more advantage of that alone. Clean rooms, friendly people, Caribou coffee downstairs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline and got a decent price, but I would not pay regular price for it. I was rather surprised that they only had double beds in their two bed rooms, even Super 8 has queen beds! No free breakfast provided, but the room was nice and clean and close to the airport and Mall of America. I would stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

For a hotel chain that is one of the top brands in the IHG suprisingly poor service. Here are examples:
Check-In: Car parking is at a nearby parking lot, top two floors of the parking lot and no elevator to make bringing bags to the hotel easier. Stairs were the only thing I found, I even asked somebody who was coming out of the stairs if they knew where the elevator was located. The person cheking me only mentioned to be sure to park in the appropriate spaces. It would have been nicer to mention the lack of elevator and I would have taken my bags to the room when before parking the car.
Room: Tub drains very slowly, TV in the sitting area does not work. I called the operator and was put hold for at least three minutes, I hung up.
Shuttle to Mall of America: Only goes on the hour, drop off and pick up. I just missed shuttle to the Mall so I walked because it would be faster than waiting for next trip. I go to get the shuttle back and am on the phone with the hotel operator when the shuttle shows up and doesn't stop except for the stop sign and stoplight back to the hotel. Hotel operator on the phone can only lamly apologize while I find a taxi.
There are too many hotels near the Mall of America and MSP airport at a much lower rate than this place to put up with this level of service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

To Robert S,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Tripadvisor. I am really sorry to hear about the bad experience you had at our hotel. You are right, our parking is a little confusing and our staff is always suppose to recommend that the guest unloads their luggage at the checkin area and then park their car on the top where the door is. I am sorry that was not communicated. Please contact me so I discuss the rest of your stay with you and get more details about your experience. Thanks again.

Jim Kasper