“Poor Service and poorer amenities”

Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 2 November 2013

On my recent stay:
- no room service. They requested that I come down and pick up my order. Not kidding!
- I had to exchange three different clothes irons because they would not work, or leak water or something
- bldg and rooms are in need of renovation
- a few of the wall outlets were non functional

I mean REALLY? that's what I get for $179+tax?

Stayed: October 2013
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

To Akritori:
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Tripadvisor for us. I am really embarrassed to hear about your experience at our hotel. Please contact me so I can hear more about your experience and address it with the correct people. Thanks again.

Jim Kasper

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Free Shuttle from airport a big plus. Shuttle will also take you to the Mall of America. Great Concierge Lounge. Breakfast Buffet was just ok... nothing special. Full service bar was nice for meetings . Staff was great with any questions or needs. Great Wi-Fi speed but still wondering why so may Crowns have analog television signals in a digital HD world.

Was here on business, so no bathing suit with me but the indoor pool looked really nice.

Mall very close, use hotel shuttle or train station just outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bosco125
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Until about midnight my stay had been very good - on the executive floor (13th) the rooms were very spacious, they had a nice lounge with food in the evening so I didn't need to go out for dinner. Then about midnight I started hearing mice in the walls right behind my headboard. And I said mice instead of mouse because there were definitely several. (I live near a cornfield at home, so I know this sound when I hear it.) This time it was so loud that I couldn't get back to sleep and ended up turning on the TV for the rest of the night just to have background noise.

If that hadn't happened, everything with this hotel would have been fine. The parking ramp is a long ways from where the hotel rooms are, so keep that in mind if you're traveling with a family or a lot of luggage.

Also, I didn't see her name but there was a very helpful girl behind the desk who volunteered to give a guest a ride to the airport after he just missed the shuttle. I would have rather seen him miss his flight as he was one of those guys who thinks he can show up at the airport at the last minute and still make his flight.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tc3399
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a quick train ride from the airport and is a nice hotel. It's a bit cramped in the lobby, but the rooms are nice and clean. I was just here for business so didn't care about anything else, but it'd be easy to ride the train into downtown Minneapolis or over to the Mall of America; the hotel was running a shuttle to the latter, as well. There's also a restaurant on-site that has a selection of soft drinks in a refrigerated case.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stay here every time my friend is in from Boston. In the past month we stayed her twice. I like it cause of the bar. Well it's mostly just the bartender if I knew how to spell her name I would give her the credit and also the waitress Lindsey if I spelt her name right. Those are the two many reasons why we love this place and keep coming back. We can get sloppy drunk and have never been kicked out. The drinks are strong and good. I just wish when I drop like 300-400 in the bar in one night I could get like a free breakfast hahaha. Oh and the rooms are nice but we always get a two bed suite. I'll be back.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had very similar impressions to the other reviewers. The A/C is so loud I thought it was planes landing. The parking is odd and terrible in bad weather. The guest check in parking is crowded and unsafe with the shuttles taking up two full lanes. The restaurant is decent and the beds are comfy and the rooms are clean. The amenities are nice and the beds are duvet'ed with double sheets. It was centrally located to everything we wanted to do. Road construction BEWARE!!! It makes it difficult to find the correct way in the dark and rain if you are unfamiliar with the area. The little park outside is beautiful!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My son and I were staying in Bloomington to visit Mall of America and go to a show in downtown Minneapolis. I've stayed at Crowne Plazas before and it's been a mixed experience, so I looked at the reviews for this property carefully. It seemed to be okay, and the lure of a suite when sharing a room with a 20 y/o college student couldn't be overlooked! I have to say I was pleased with our experience. The room was big, beds were clean and fresh, and the bathroom spotless. The only thing I didn't like was that the carpet was noticeably dirty and needed a good shampoo. Also, we expected a locked floor and it was not. The exercise room was a wonderful surprise - huge for a hotel and and the equipment I used worked and was in very good condition. They have free ear buds if you forget yours, along with the standard towels and water. My son said the pool was clean. There was free parking, free internet that worked well and it was close to the Mall (we walked back and forth - though there is a hotel shuttle). Staff was friendly too - especially Kathy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family