“Great for flight crews”

Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Got stuck here unexpectedly when our flight landed too late to make a connection. Although the hotel is very close to the airport, the shuttle only runs every 30 minutes, so if you miss it you are out of luck. On the way to the hotel we sat on the shuttle for 10 minutes waiting for a flight crew that didn't show up. This was at 11:30 p.m. when I just wanted to get to my hotel and get some sleep.

When we got to the hotel even though I was the first one to the desk (no baggage, thanks to Delta), the front desk person walked away from me as soon as the flight crews walked in, and I stood there like an idiot until someone else finally came out to help.

My coworker was nice enough to order a salad for me from the restaurant before it closed, but it wasn't that great. I was happy to have something to eat, because there was nothing in the bar but drinks. Decent beer on tap though, and that hit the spot.

The room was fine, clearly remodeled recently, although the bathroom still felt a little dated. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioning unit was noisy though, so I didn't get a very good night's sleep.

In the morning I grabbed a so-so latte from the coffee bar, and a pre-made breakfast sandwich (not terrible), and jumped back on the shuttle. It could have been a worse experience. You could have a better experience. Just don't expect much from the shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Silvia C,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide the best possible service and create memorable guest experiences and on this occasion we apologize for the disappointment you had during your stay. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

On May 10 I held my second event at Crown Plaza. It was our organization's yearly cultural bonanza, dinner party and fundraiser. After two consecutive successes, I cannot but take time to review this hotel and it's catering staff that have provided exceptional services to me, our staff and our guests that made me come back this year. In fact this year, the hotel had hired a new Sales and Catering Manager that went beyond the call of duty to accommodate our unique Cameroonian menu which the hotel of course was not providing but were willing to work on with us and ensure that we had food commensurate with our culturally-flavored event.

The smiles on our guests' faces, the excellent food, the amazing catering staff led by their manager, Jon made all the difference. Thank you Crown Plaza. I'll recommend this location to anyone seeking excellence in service. I've already recommended this hotel to another organization seeking a place for their annual convention next year.

Our organization will be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Location for this hotel is perfect for quick trip into MSP. They do have a shuttle to the airport which is convenient. I stayed there for business this week. Clean hotel and rooms. Simple and easy access. Staff friendly! What more to ask!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel has many pluses in location. It's minutes away from the airport(the hotel provides a free shuttle) and near to the Mall of America for those wanting a choice of restaurants and shopping(MN does not tax clothing). The rooms are typical of a mid-level hotel. As the name indicates, some rooms are suites which is nice for viewing television from a couch instead of your bed and every room has a small refrigerator and microwave. The hotel restaurant is quite good and offers a buffet for breakfast for those with a large appetite. The staff is another reason to book this hotel. I found them to be friendly with extra points for their outstanding customer service. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for its' location and customer service.

Room Tip: Some rooms face a reserve that is quite nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Velvet K
Robert E, Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and the great comments about the hotel and service. Next time you stay with us I hope you have a chance to try our pool area and fitness center.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed two nights last week at this very convenient and traveller-friendly hotel a very short hop to both the airport and the fabulous Mall of America; there is even an hourly shuttle bus to both. The entire staff was very friendly, the room clean and spacious, and the breafast buffet a delicious bargain--and even less expensive if you book the room with the hotel, giving you the right to two breakfasts.The pool is very clean and large and parking is free. In short, a very strong recommendation. Just one note: a second Crowne Plaza hotel is nearby and can be confused with this one so be careful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Seth G
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is my go-to hotel when I'm on a business trip in Minneapolis. The service here is outstanding and I really appreciate the helpful/"can do" attitude that the staff exhibits time and time again.

Highway access is easily accessible from the hotel, the Mall of America is right around the corner and the airport is practically across the street as well. Plus, there are some nice restaurants all within the relative vicinity.

Speaking of restaurants, the hotel serves a good breakfast downstairs. The various lunches & dinners that I have had at the bar & the restaurant area in the past were all good as well.

Room service is usually quick and friendly but the real gem of this place is their Concierge's Lounge. I have never made it to the breakfast in the Lounge, but Happy Hour is excellent.

The rooms do the job and while I agree with one reviewer about the fact that it's a bit dated, I still think the Crowne Plaza is a great hotel that I will continue to stay at while in Minneapolis.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Older hotel with some nice features, but is a bit dated. Free parking, but a bit of a walk and if you have bags there is no elevator in parking garage. So if no parking is available on roof level, you'll need to drop bags or lug them in stairwell. My room was clean with good linens and nice furnishings. Room was on warm side even though temp outside was around 60 F during my 3 day stay. The restaurant is very average, I had the Walleye for dinner and it was just ok. They do have shuttle service to airport and Mall of America.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Robert E, Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Bloomington and for taking the time to share your experience with us. thanks for the great comments about the cleanliness of the room and bedding. As a team we recognize that parking can be inconvenient and are always looking for the best options for our guests as they arrive. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Minneapolis.