“Our Best Stay yet in Minneapolis”

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Winnipeg, Canada
“Our Best Stay yet in Minneapolis”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here over a long weekend and absolutely loved the hotel. The hotel itself is very well maintained and is newly renovated. When we arrived, there was a large wedding crowd checking in. The hotel was hosting a wedding reception in one of the adjacent convention halls. I jokingly said to the receptionist upon checking in, "I hope we're not in with the rowdy wedding crowd," and she made sure we were nowhere near. We were given a room on the top floor. It was very quiet the entire weekend.

We really enjoyed our room. We got a room with a kingsize bed. If you're only two, go for the king - it's very comfy and the extra room really helps you unwind. I had read earlier that previous guests complained that there were only curtain sheers. Let me assure you there are heavy curtains to keep the sun out - they're just hidden behind decorative drapes.

The only downside was the pool area. It was a bit small, especially considering the size of the hotel. But on the other hand it was hardly ever in use (at least when we went down) so we were able to enjoy it all to ourselves.

We even made reservations at the steakhouse on the main floor at the hotel. It's an exceptional fine-dining restaurant, albeit a bit pricey.

We'll definitely come back because we received great service, the hotel is well maintained, it's in a great location, and the price per night is well worth it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review regarding your stay with us. I am pleased you were able to enjoy a long weekend with us and that you absolutely loved the hotel. Thank you for dining in our Chophouse Restaurant and we are delighted your felt it was exceptional. The ChopHouse as a positive point of difference for our hotel and we are proud of the quality of the food, wine and service we offer our guests.

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out the survey and we look forward to your next with us.

Jim Waldvogel,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Alma, MI
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Love the service and facilities! Only problem was the commute into town.

Room Tip: Breakfast was about $14 for the full bar. Shuttle service was great! Sports bar across the road was...
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I chose this hotel based on it's rating on Tripadvisor for our family trip to Minneapolis. There were two different rooms one on the third and one on the fourth floors. The hotel is right off the 494 which made it easy to get to. There are a few restaurants within walking distance for food, or there are ones on site as well (which we did not use).

The hotel and rooms were clean and welcoming. I could go on about the positives but it's shorter and easier to list the few negatives.

1. The only breakfast available is one you pay for, which we knew going into it
2. The pool is quite small, but the family had fun anyway
3. The wedding parties (Fri & Sat nights) were a bit obnoxious when you had to travel through the hotel to get to your room. However, that's not the hotel's fault.
4. The other party reserved a smoking room and was told during check-in that they went non-smoking throughout. I can appreciate this as a non-smoker, however they should have informed the customers who reserved smoking rooms when the change when into effect.

All in all, I would consider this hotel on my next stay, but would probably pick something a little closer to the MOA or downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Wobo-Family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We loved staying here. Great room with upscale feel. Very clean and comfortable. Locations was perfect to visit Lyndale Uptown and Lake Harriet area as well as MOA.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
I appreciate the positive feedback. I’m glad that you were able to have a relaxing weekend, while also enjoying so many great amenities in the area.
We do have a complimentary shuttle that goes to the MOA, airport and surrounding area, if you did not use on this trip, definitely give that a try next time!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jim Waldvogel
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in the Twin Cities area. It's quite new, comfy bed and clean room for a decent price!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I spent almost a week here and enjoyed every minute of it despite a few flaws in their system. The meeting rooms were too cold on the first day but that was quickly remedied. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Both the check-in and check-out were fast and efficient. My biggest complaint is about the pillows. They are down and so soft that they folded up around my head and I felt like I was in the middle of a fortune cookie. The foam pillows were no better. And I agree with a previous reviewer about the lighting in the bathroom. Having to pay for internet access in the business center is something I rarely encounter. No wonder the room was always empty! Their wonderful cucumber water is something not to be missed! I appreciated their shuttle service - a big plus. Food in the restaurant was terrific. The food in the tent was mediocre. Pasta at every meal was a bit much. Would definitely stay here again.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed one night.. Very nice staff all round. Room was good, nice bed, great bathroom.

Didn't get the 'extras' that I expected from being a member of HHonors, and being offered things like shaving gear, extra soap and so on. Note, I didn't phone down and ask for them once I noticed they had not been left. Also could have been related to the fact I arrived early. So no big deal.

Check is supposed to be 3pm, I arrived about 1, no drama, given a room.

Wifi was included, worked well.

I stayed on the Sunday, so the Chops bar was closed. The Olive bar was open, but I didn't check if that was open in the evening, it was in the day. (pity, the menu for Chops looked interesting!).

Breakfast buffet was pretty average. You can get fresh eggs, like an omelet if you ask. There is also al a carte breakfast. More choice on the buffet would have been good.

Staff at breakfast were simply outstanding, attentive, refills kept coming. Overall, the staff at this hotel made it. (Hilton@london Olympia, should be sent here for some training on how to do it!).