“Great deal with Park & Fly for excellent quality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mill City, Oregon
“Great deal with Park & Fly for excellent quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

My overnight stay at this Hilton was excellent. Very clean, comfortable bed, great sheets, pillows, towels. The shuttle driver even called me while I was waiting for my luggage at the airport to let me know he was ready and waiting for me. Front desk was efficient and courteous. I got a great price for the Stay and Fly package including a week's parking which was a huge savings over parking at the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Stay, Park and Fly guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I’m thrilled to hear that your stay was excellent. I’m even more ecstatic to hear that your needs were met by our shuttle service and that you had a positive experience with our Front Desk staff. Hope you had a nice trip and we hope to see you soon.

Jim Waldvogel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Hatfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

From beginning to check out the Matt Griess and staff were just awesome. Details were covered, meeting room was perfect and all the staff were friendly with a smile. We will return. Kudos to all. Great food to a the chop House! Thanks.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Jay,

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us! I’m thrilled to hear that Matt along with other staff treated you well. I look forward to seeing you again! We look forward to your return.

Happy Holidays,
Hayward, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Beautiful hotel. Was very reasonably priced through priceline. Definitely would revist. It was conveinentely located and easy to drive to the Mall of America and a large REI store. The restaurant was excellent. I got a steak and it was one of the best steaks I have ever had.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice recommendation. I’m so glad you decided to stay with us during your recent trip to Bloomington. I’m also happy to hear that you were able to visit our ChopHouse and enjoyed our steak. I hope you are able to visit again soon.

MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I made a reservation on Thurs. nite 11/21/13 thru Priceline for the next nite Fri. 11/22/13. I received a confirmation # but when we arrived at the hotel ~ 10:30PM (after going to an event in downtown Minneapolis) we were told that the hotel "overbooked" and we would have to go to another hotel!! No apology -just told we would have to go to a different hotel --a couple miles away, at 10:30 at night - and it was bitter cold outside! I was really upset that the hotel couldn't have contacted me by my cell phone or email info I provided and let me know this a head of time?! The hotel desk staff was completely apathetic --to say the least!! We were left to find the other hotel (in a metro area) on our own - we were not provided with any hotel details in writing and the desk person had to ask someone else for directions! I would think if the hotel was going to cancel my paid reservation they could have maybe printed off a map or address to the hotel we were sent off into the night to find? Once we had to start the check in process at the 2nd hotel we were given a room with 2 double beds, not a king room like I had reserved/guaranteed!. What a disappointing night, what disappointing service from this Hilton!! I expected better service from a 4 star hotel - clearly the desk staff were uninterested and apathetic in how their "mistake' of over booking would affect their customers. The desk staff was uninformed, and could have care less!

Dear Guest,

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Minneapolis, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel staff was uninformed on how to handle online reservations, but was quick to tell us if we did cancel our credit card would be changed, but they needed to use another credit card for their stay and they not only used that card but was changed triple the rate on their master card so now their money is just in limbo. The bill was paid by the card that reserved it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Dedrick,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience with us. I apologize for the unsatisfying situation you encountered with the staff. I have discussed this issues with the team. Please contact me directly should you want to discuss your stay in further detail.

Wish you a Happy Holiday Season,
Okoboji, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I don't know why I have not thought abut rating this home away from home before????!!!! Very nice rooms, bar is like a neighborhood bar, you get to know many familiar faces and personalities and the Chop House~yum.... We have been MANY times and it is always a treat! Everyone is helpful, friendly, like family and they remember you and treat you like that, I believe this comes from from the having a G.M.,Jim, who truely believes in everyone who works "with" him. He is right in there with and not above anyone, it seems this way to us anyway. If something needs attention and he is there, he won't say...so and so, fix this, it is not my job.....he will jump right in with them to attend to the matter at hand and I don't mean this like in a way that he thinks they couldn't handle it without him, far from that. He also seems to have a lot of respect for all staff there, and I think it is vise versa on the thoughts from the staff for him, after all without a great team what would it be????? Too many places like that already.
J&M and the many friends who also love this getaway!

Room Tip: All we have been in are great, beds are soooo comfy.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Mary and John,

Thank you for making this your Home away from Home and for being such loyal and frequent guests. We also appreciate you recommending and bring your many friends with your to enjoy our hotel and restaurant and for you taking the time to comment on your experiences and the kind compliments. I couldn't be happier to know our teams efforts are so appreciated and that you enjoy all aspects of our hotel. We do strive to create a special atmosphere that are guest feel welcomed and look forward to returning. It’s great to know that you feel this way. It is our goal to deliver the very best customer service to everyone that steps foot in our hotel. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful guest. Happy Thanksgiving.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bloomington Hilton on November 16th,2013 with our 2 grand children. The location was ideal. Close to restaurants and the MOA.They have a shuttle that will shuttle you to restaurants in the area so once you arrive at the hotel you can leave your car there and they will do the driving. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean hotel and nice pool area for the kids. I would definitely stay here again. Minnesota is know for being Minnesota nice and this Hotel sure confirmed that. Thanks Hilton .You never disappoint us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family