“Beware of breakfast charge” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Beware of breakfast charge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The room and staff are all GREAT. Very clean and comfy. Only negative is the breakfast is not part of the stay. You must pay for breakfast. There is a Denny's right across the road...we walked to it in less than 3 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our staff, and rooms! I do apologize that you were not satisfied with the way our breakfast is set up and charged. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail.

Jim Waldvogel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is predictable, you can count on the rooms to be clean and good wifi. The rooms can hear wind noise if breezy outside. The restaurant menu does not change. The hotel shuttle to and from the airport is helpful.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank rungirl74
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Bloomington. I’m sorry for any disruptions from the wind you had. Please contact me directly if you would like to discus parts of your stay in further detail. I hope you decide to stay with us again next time.

Jim WAldvogel
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Came for the weekend for graduation in Forest City, Iowa. Room was as expected. Great, friendly staff! Lady at the desk helped us print our boarding passes. Would stay again if ever in Minneapolis. The Blue Water Grill had great food! Short distance to mall of America and airport

Stayed May 2014
crest hill, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Excellent staff and management is the best in the whole Hilton system!! Have stayed here many times and each stay is excellent. Can't praise it enough! Food is great, Room is great. The whole experience is great!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear James,

Thank you for staying with us and being a loyal guest to our hotel! Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your entire experience. I am thankful for your loyalty and that you are consistently taken care of so well by our team. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our hotel.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Visited for a weekend - got an average room which was accessible (did not request it). Rooms were clean and the entry was also nice. Tried the swimming pool which was a little dirty (maybe it's used more heavily during the weekends). Upon check-in, the attendant confirmed that they had my HHonors number and that I was Silver. After she gave me my keys and sent me on my way, I asked her 'do Silvers have any benefits' and at that point she said "you get free waters - go over to the shop and get a couple for yourself." It seemed a bit like an afterthought. She added "your room is far from the elevators as you requested" but when we went upstairs, we found that there was only one room closer to the elevators than us (I am fine if I am told 'hotel is crowded so we can't accommodate your preference but to say the 2nd room from the elevator is 'far from' seemed misleading).

The building faces France Ave which is a busy street, but the windows were good enough that it was pretty quiet. Check-in & check-out was seamless - not a bad hotel but given the high reviews, I guess I was expecting it to be as good as other Hiltons I've stayed at (did not think it was).

Room Tip: West facing away from France.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. We always want to improve as a hotel and I always appreciate the feedback. I apologize for the issues you ran into with our swimming pool and with the room assignment I have addressed these issues with our team.

I hope your travel brings you back to the Twin Cities and to our hotel.

Take care,
Breezy Point, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our first time at this Hotel in the area. It was very clean, and comfortable. We upgraded to the Executive Package. That included a Continental Breakfast, that was the best of any we've had elsewhere. Also included were 2 cocktails and an appetizer which the appetizer was delicious. The room was large and quite comfortable with a great shower and towels.

The only thing wrong was dogs. There was a dog barking on our floor, and we did not report it, because other places do not have as strict pet policies. Had we known the policy, we would have reported it sooner.

It was our 40th Anniversary and the desk sent up a piece of Chocolate Cake. Nice touch. Thanks

We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our property for the first time! I’m so glad that you decided to choose our hotel and got to celebrate a very special anniversary, congratulations! I am very pleased our staff acknowledged your anniversary.

We look forward to your next visit.

fort Myers, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have stayed at this property monthly for the past 18 months. I have always found the staff to be exceptionally attentive, cheerful and helpful. The Executive lounge is pleasant although the evening "snacks" are not very appetizing. However the lounge staff are great (both am and pm)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mary Jo,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and continuing to stay with us when you are in Bloomington! I’m so pleased to hear that you are well taken care of by our staff. I am proud of our team, as they do a great job welcoming every guest and making each guest feel a home. Thank you for your comment on the snacks that are in the lounge, your comments will help us improve.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Take care,