“Quiet, nice staff, free shuttle”

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel appears to be newer, and is located about 15 minutes (without traffic) to the airport and Mall of America. The staff was helpful and friendly.

What impressed me the most about this property is how quiet it is. I'm a very light sleeper that sleeps with ear plugs in almost every night. The sound proofing in this hotel was excellent. I never heard pipes from others nearby using the bathroom, I never heard footsteps, I never heard any street noise. The only noise I heard was an occasional conversation between staff and guests for housekeeping or room service.

My inky complaint is the smell. My first room smelled like smoke, so I immediately asked for a second room. The staff apologized and said they have a few smoking rooms but my first room was not a smoking room. My second room had a faint smoke scent and smelled stale or musty. I could live with it, but it was disappointing. I'm surprised hotels these days have smoking rooms. Even if there are just a few smoking rooms, the smell lingers and travels impacting other "non-smoking rooms."

1  Thank wanderlust678
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of changing rooms due to the smoke odor, I am glad our staff handled the switch quickly and hopefully with ease. We have decreased the number of our smoking rooms over the last year or so and will continue to make improvements to make our guests' stays more enjoyable.

Thank you again for choosing Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel always goes above and beyond for us. The decor and cleanliness is always top notch. The service is friendly, the rooms were so neat and fresh. We love staying here for business or pleasure. It also has a great location, right next to everything you could ask for.

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for the positive review! I hope you were able to make the most out of your visit from Wisconsin. It is always great to hear that guests like yourself find our hotel to cater to both business and leisure guests - we see a variety of people on a daily basis and thoroughly enjoy interacting with all the friendly faces. We hope to welcome you back in the near future, Steve!

Regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nice hotel with a great restaurant attached. The room did not have a bath tub but the shower was very nice. Workout room was well equipped for a hotel. I had no issues and the hotel staff was very helpful. The location is right off the highway with easy access and not too far from the airport even in heavier traffic.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was a business trip. The hotel is very clean and the staff are all very friendly. The room was very nice the bed was great, the room was air conditioned, quiet, clean and it was very spacious. Free WiFi was good and reliable. Couldn't have asked for a better hotel or room for a business trip really and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Not the closest hotel to the airport which didn't matter to me and to be honest even if I had to...
1  Thank TR20121228
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel seems newer, staff was very friendly, and our room was very clean and in good shape. The shower was very nice and all glassed in. Also, the hotel is a short drive or walk to many good restaurants and shops with easy access to 494. Our only complaint was that the bar seating area was pretty small for a hotel of this size so we walked to a local bar for drinks when we couldn't find seats together.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Twin Cities. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the size of our bar. I’m hoping you will come back so we can make it right for you next time. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I normally stay at other hotels in the twin cities metro, but I saw this one and figured we'd give it a try. It's close enough to the shopping and sightseeing you want to do ( MOA, IKEA, the national cemetery, fort snelling, the airport etc etc) but not right on top of it like other hotels at the MOA and immediate area which is a nice thing.

Very clean property, pleasant and knowledgeable staff. We were checked in by a gentleman with blond hair, who was the most professional, upbeat and friendly person that delivered a superior check in experience. We stayed on the 9th floor and when making the reservation, did opt for the upgrade to a more private floor, access to the Executive Lounge and also some nice comp tickets to the Olive for beverages and appetizers.
Room was clean and in excellent working order. We did not have a refrigerator and that would have been nice, but it was not *that* big of a deal.
Being in the metro around a large number of people, you'd expect to hear doors, foot traffic and all the other goings-on, but it was very quiet at the hotel and was almost at capacity.

Breakfast in the executive lounge was a European continental, and was good as far as quality goes-- the breakfast attendant didn't really come out of the storage/prep room and failed to re-stock breakfast items and beverages, or wipe off counters. We were also unable to locate the area to return used plates and cups so we ended up leaving them on the table. This area in our opinion needs some TLC.

The executive lounge was closed on the first night (Friday) when we checked in, and was told that there were appetizers, beverages, etc for our enjoyment and would be open Saturday. So, on Saturday we went up there and there wasn't an attendant, and nothing was available. It was an empty room, only with the coffee and tea that hotels offer guests. (Good coffee and tea quality and selections... thank you!).
To me, that was a HUGE disappointment, because I did pay for an "upgrade" that detailed the extra perks we would get, and we didn't get a large portion of them.

We figured we'd go down to Olive then, and use the comp apps and drinks. We enjoyed them and the atmosphere, and our server was prompt, courteous and attentive.

Going onward, I would most likely stay at this hotel again because of it's location, the condition of the property and it was not noisy or right in the mess going to the mall of america. I seriously doubt I will pay for any "upgrades" since the $$$ I spent was not worth the amount of breakfast we received and will either bring something or go out elsewhere.

Room Tip: The King room we had on the 9th floor was very clean and also quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alchemy H

Dear Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review! I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and will be back. I appreciate you giving us suggestions, as that will help us improve. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. I look forward to seeing you next time!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a nice hotel, however it is not the one closest to the airport. Do not make a reservation here if you think you will have a shuttle to the airport for an early flight. They do not start service until 6am. Cab fare was around $25 with tip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Janet,

Thank you for staying with us during your last trip to Bloomington! I’m sorry if we were confused with the other Hilton while booking your reservation. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. I hope you decide to stay at our property the next time you visit the Twin Cities!

Take care,