“Take it or LEAVE it”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blue Earth
Iowa
“Take it or LEAVE it”
Reviewed 3 July 2008

The desk attendant was courteous but was allowing children to rule the motel. I assumed there was a party going on of which I have no problem with, but the children should NOT be allowed behind the counter beating on the computer keyboard and the attendant should NOT be more interested in playing games on the internet than customer service. We asked for information on restaurants and the such in town and were told to look in the phone book! We also asked for more items for the room and ended up getting them ourselves 1 hour later. Our children are 11 and 6 but had a terrible time in the pool due to lack of supervision from the people in the party which had children acting like lunatics. I truly believe this would be a decent place to stay, but there should be some changes made in either implementing and/or enforcing hotel rules. The exit door closest to our room would not let you in as the key scanner did not work and you had to walk to the main entrance to reenter the motel. I hope this was just a bad night for us to stay there and things are normally taken better care of and people are asked to respect other guests.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — CUSTOMER SERVICE
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Stayed overnight here on way to South Dakota. The hotel is decent. Bed was not the most comfortable, but adequate. Staff was pleasant. Carpet needed cleaning. If you just need a good place to stop for the night, this hotel is adequate. Easy access off the interstate. Parking and a couple of restaurants in the immediate area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — carpet needed cleaning
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 13 June 2008

We stayed here twice: one night on our way out west and one night on the way back. The hotel is clean and quiet. Our room the first stay had a small refrigerator and a tiny microwave. I think the second room just had the refrigerator. The beds were very comfortable and I thought the rooms were excellent. The bathrooms were clean, well-stocked, and sized appropriately for adults.

The free breakfast offered many choices: cold cereal, instant oatmeal, muffins, donuts, toast, make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy, and fresh fruit (apples). The eating area was a little small, but very comfortable and clean, plus there is an adjacent "living room" area that a person could sit in to eat as well.

We did not use the indoor pool, so I won't comment on that. The hotel has a computer in the lobby for guests to use. It was not working our first night, but had been fixed by the next time we were there. Also, I believe there was free wifi access in all the rooms. We did not have a computer, so did not attempt to use it.

For our first night's stay, we had reserved a room in advance and we checked in shortly before sunset. However, when I checked out in the morning, the clerk found that the person working at the front desk during the night had not checked us in properly and we were listed as "no shows". Because of this, she had to run my credit card again, but she was unable to print a receipt. The clerk said she would mail me a copy of the receipt as soon as she got the problem fixed, but I haven't received anything so far, so I hope I'm not going to be charged twice for their mistake. On the second stay, we did not have a reservation but also had no problems with checking in or out.

I would definitely stay here again. It was ridiculously easy to get to the hotel from I-90, and Blue Earth happens to be just about exactly a full day's drive from our home. The hotel is also about two blocks away from the Jolly Green Giant statue in a small park down the road. You won't see much of the town of Blue Earth if you stay around the hotel area, but if you're just passing through that probably isn't an issue for you. There is also at least one gas station and a breakfast restaurant across the street from this hotel so travelers are very well-served here.

• Liked — Great location; easy to get on and off I-90.
  • Disliked — Staff confusion about me checking in.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 October 2007

A nice quiet motel right off the highway. Although not the newest motel it certainly is clean and well maintained. The large lobby has a rustic lodge feel to it.

The desk personnel were very friendly and were apologetic and helpful when I reported a problem. Instead of telling me to wait until they could fix it they changed my room quickly.

The rooms are slightly larger than the usual chain motel offerings. The beds, linens and towels were fresh and clean. They offer a great continental breakfast selection. The motel has the standard business traveler services in addition to both WiFi and data cable high speed internet. This was perhaps the best wireless internet connection I'd ever encountered outside of my own home.

Unfortunately I don't have to travel to Blue Earth too often, but when I do I stay here every time.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
Stayed December 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank purple_gorillaz
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed 3 July 2006

We just stopped here overnight on our way to South Dakota. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. The continental breakfast was very good and had a lot of choices. We liked the stay so much that we stayed here again on our way back home. Highly recommend!

Stayed June 2006
#2 of 4 in Fairmont
Super 8 Blue Earth
Super 8 Blue Earth
#2 of 2 in Blue Earth

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Blue Earth? Share your experiences!