“Amazing delicious food!”
Review of Iven's on the Bay - CLOSED

Iven's on the Bay
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours: Closed for Season.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary by going to Iven's on the Bay for a "special" dinner. We were not disappointed! To start - the caramel apple tini was so smooth and delicious - a perfect fall libation. My husband and I each had the almond crusted walleye - I had the salad and rice pilaf and veggies, and my husband switched out Yukon gold grilled potatoes for the rice. The walleye was melt in your mouth wonderfully delicious. The serving was very generous and the rice and veggies a perfect compliment. My husband enjoyed his Yukon gold potatoes and commented that this was the best walleye he had ever had - and he's had a lot of walleye in a lot of restaurants. The wait staff was awesome - attentive without being intrusive. Our water was kept filled, plates taken away by anyone who happened to be walking by - the entire team worked together to make our dining experience wonderful.
We finished with coffee - again very good, and the pumpkin cheesecake with homemade caramel sauce that we shared was out of this world!

I highly recommend Ivens to anyone who wants an exceptional evening out with a delectable dining experience. We will be back!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very accommodating for families, a foodie's delight. We really enjoyed everything from appetizers to dessert. Great wine options, a must visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I wanted to like Iven's but the food was so-so. The drinks were excellent, desert great.

We had sashimi for starters, as good as can be in Minnesota. No complaints there.
Wife had halibut, very good, didnt need the blue cheese on it though.
I had the scallops, bland, no spices or salt. Actually pretty bad.

I will go back there and give them another try.

You should give them a try but stick to the fish and lots of drinks. :-) the saki lychee martini is awesome.

1  Thank Hsernst
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Iven's was excellent. They had very professional staff and friendly waiters and waitresses. The menu was extensive and had a large selection of fish. I had the Walleye. There was a huge wine list and about 8 selections of Mojitos...we had two different ones each. It wasn't directly a water view but nice enough by the window to enjoy the trees....

1  Thank JudyDBrooksville
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We ate dinner twice at Iven's and enjoyed both occasions. Their signature walleye is one of the best. This is one of the nicer restaurants in the area. We would return.

1  Thank Julie K