“glad your back !”

Hassies Saloon and Eatery
Ranked #13 of 75 Restaurants in Brainerd
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 January 2014

when my parents bought their lake place so long ago and we went to hassies lots and we were sorry to see it close . but it's open again and last saturday i took mom and dad there for dinner .we were greeted right away by a very cheerful hostess / bartender and directed to the dining room . waitress was at our table right away and water and drinks followed quickly . food was great prime rib , burger , chicken drummie's and fries , everything spot on ! and the price was right . a young man came by halfway through the meal ( i think it was a manager ) to ask if everything was alright , i like when they do that . we will be back !

1  Thank bill s

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Hadn't heard much about this place except that mac and cheese was 10 bucks so we weren't excited to go there but I won a gift certificate on the radio so we tried it. They had like 4 mac and cheeses on their specials board. After reading the menu I would say their specialty is comfort food! Meatloaf, soups, pot pies, burgers, sandwiches, desserts and many selections of macaroni and cheese with extras.

The servings were extremely generous! Hubby made quick work of the corn bread and honey butter. The homemade meatloaf was delicious, stuffed with bacon and cheeses and a huge serving. The calico beans were very tasty and the dipping sauce for their sweet potato fries was perfect; a little sweet and a little spicy.

The seating is not so tight that you hear everyone else's conversations and the numerous TVs are not loud. The atmosphere is average, a little dark, but clean and welcoming. The waitress was very attentive, apologizing for the wait, but I felt the service was quick, prompt and courteous.

All in all, a very nice dining experience. Guess maybe we will have to try that mac and cheese sometime!

1  Thank GrannyJules218
Reviewed 30 July 2013

With family visiting, this was a great choice for a dinner. There were eight of us and they have a nice area for groups. When one of the children spilled the water glass, the wait staff was right on the spot helping to clean up - we appreciated that.

We had cheese curds and the deep fried pickles for appetizers - yummy! Then burgers for the crew which they all absolutely loved. I had the chicken fettuccine and it was one of the best I have ever had. The sauce was homemade and not that thick glop that so many places serve these days. The chicken was fresh and tender. They serve it with their corn bread. I took some home - as the helping was huge - and it was even better the next day not old tasting.

They have a daily macaroni and cheese special that looked amazing and one of the guests had ordered that and declared it amazing. That is a nice choice once in awhile from the usual.

The atmosphere is fine - nothing real special but the food makes up for it. They also have televisions strategically placed in the area so if that is something that you might like, it works. I personally found it distracting since the conversation was more important to me and we did not go there for a game. But, if you want to watch the "game" (which ever one that is) then this is another reason to visit.

It is a new place on Hwy 210 outside of Brainerd in a location close to me so I imagine I will be a frequent visitor over the summer.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food and menu at just right prices! I had Rueben, my wife had Stoganoff and daughter had Blackened Talapia Sandwich. I tried a little of all of it. It was ALL fantastic!! Worth the trip and definately a treat for your taste buds!!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Great atmosphere, food was good- service average. Bartender seemed more interested in filling cups of dressing than her customers. Will return to try more of menu.