“wouldn't go back”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Breezy Point
Breezy Point Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Breezy Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

we stayed there as 5 families in june 2014, booking months ahead of time and asking to be close together. didn't happen, not even for two - they spread us out all over the place. We all felt that most of the staff was under-trained and too small in number, with no sense of our desire for comfort. Every night when the bar closed there was a loud party on the beach in front of our room which included lots of foul language. The last nite it went on for over two hrs until they must have all passed out. The resort security never did show up! BBQ's and picnic tables were in high demand - there were not enough to go around.

Room Tip: stay away from the bar
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim S

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I made my reservation by phone a month ahead of my stay to request a quiet room and was assured I was assigned one in the Lodge Apartments with a lake view. When I checked in, I reminded the desk staff of my request and was again assured I'd been assigned a quiet room. To my surprise and great disappointment, my room was located in the midst of a group of wedding party rooms - all very loud, boisterous, and using f-bombs in virtually every shouted sentence, both inside their rooms and out on the patios and open areas. Their music only made it worse since they had to speak even louder to be heard over the heavy bass. They had a very good time, but I and the rest of their neighbors did not.

By the third night, I (and other guests) called the front office and Security came out to the building several times and things finally settled down at 4 am.

Also, Housekeeping knocked on my door in spite of my 'Do Not Disturb' sign, waking me from naps. Grrr. And, they then left notes on top of my Do Not Disburb sign stating they had serviced my room while I was out - when I hadn't been out and they hadn't even entered my room.

On the plus side, my room was very pleasant and north country rustic - even though there was no soundproofing whatsoever.

I grew up near Brainerd, and have family and friends still in the area. However, I will NEVER stay at this resort again, based upon my experience with my stay. And, none of my relatives or friends will recommend Breezy Point for their guests, either.

Family friendly? I have never heard so much vulgarity as was presented by the wedding party guests. Truly a miserable weekend, for which I paid significant dollars.

Room Tip: I have no tips, since even a direct request that was confirmed (quiet room) was not provided.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Margery C
Dspizzo, Owner at Breezy Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Please accept my most humble apology for this issue. I understand you were looking for some rest and relaxation during your stay.

Breezy Point Resort is a dynamic place that attracts a very diverse mix of vacationers. Some guests come for rest and relaxation and others come for fun and excitement, (weddings, golf packages, etc). Occasionally we do experience noise issues which our security staff is trained to handle in a prompt manner - with both parties interests in mind.

I also apologize for our housekeeping staff disturbing you during your nap. This was not normal procedure and most certainly a mistake made by our new seasonal staff.

Again, please accept my apology for these issues. We certainly appreciate your reasons for not wanting to come back and do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been to the resort with a group of friends that enjoy golf and a nice relaxing time. This is all available at Breezy Point. However, the level of service has diminshed ins several areas, most notably, the Docksidde Lounge. Wait staff was hit or miss. If you got the right server everything was great... if not you waited and waited. Some of the staff were not fully aware of what was available and waht was not i.e. upcharge for premium drinks, every person you asked gave you a different answer. Food quality has declined somewhat, but the Antler Dining Room still has great servers and a solid menu. Facilities are fine, some places need upgrades and facelifts. Golf courses, Deacons Lodge, above average all around, Whitebirch good but at a point where they will need to do something soon to compete and Traditional, fun but very tired and in need aof alot of TLC. Rooms, in the suites were clean and roomy, beds were fine, some amenities were missing, something as simple as asking for more kleenex seemed to land on deaf ears or possibly a language issue. Overall a nice destination.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank joe s
Dspizzo, Owner at Breezy Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your recent golf trip. We appreciate the feedback and realize there is always room for improvement.

We are currently in the planning stages of many great enhancements to our Whitebirch and Traditional Golf Courses. These updates are scheduled to take place this fall.

Again, we greatly appreciate your input and look forward to welcoming you and your group to Breezy in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our first visit to Breezy Point Resort. We stayed in Eagles Nest #941 for 2 nights starting June 12th. The place looked very nice and was just the right size for us. Our only complaint was with housekeeping - the cabin was not cleaned properly. The first thing we noticed were beer cans with cigarette ashes in them sitting on the table in the screened in porch. Very stinky! The next thing we found was bags of chips & popcorn in the cupboard. The next morning when we went to make breakfast, we found dirty utensils and had to wash them before we could use them. Also, the shower didn't work properly. Upon arriving back at the cabin that evening, we found that the housekeeping staff had been in there and threw away something we wanted to keep (this is why most places tell their housekeepers not to touch anything that isn't in the garbage!). However, the stinky beer cans with ashes were still sitting in the porch. We were not happy with the cleanliness! I only give it 4 stars because the place was nice & the lady in the gift store was very friendly!!

Room Tip: The cabins are great for families to stay in & are just like being at home.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We recently visited the resort in June, just can't find anything to complain about. Great golf, food, lodging, and entertainment all for one price. The upgrade to play Deacon is worth it. We visited this place for the first time back in September 2013. Better in the spring since the days are longer meaning you can get more golf. We come as group of 4 men. Booking for next already.
The only comments I would make is Traditional course needs some upgrades. Also some low cal beer would be great.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My golf buddies have been coming here annually for five years now and I've been going for two. The place is great, with a choice of three golf courses, wonderful waterfronts, even more wonderful staff and servers. The live band doing covers from the 50's to 80's is awesome and full of energy. Great place to kickstart the season.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Douglas T
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We hold our annual association meeting at Breezy Point. They do an amazing job of organizing all of our reservations, setting up meetings, feeding us. Everyone, from the initial contact during reservations to our final checkout, makes us feel welcome. The location is restful. Meeting rooms allow for a lot of flexibility. Food and wait staff are amazing! We have outgrown the location and it is heartbreaking to everyone. I hope the next place understands that they have a pretty high bar to reach!

Room Tip: I've stayed at the Executive Beach Condo's, Breezy Wright House and the Lodge Apartments, th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
Grand View Lodge
Grand View Lodge
#1 of 7 in Nisswa

Been to Breezy Point Resort? Share your experiences!