“Spa day....”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Boldon
Tyne and Wear
“Spa day....”
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

I visited the hotel on a living social spa deal, it was a nice spa but could do with a water machine and plastic cups.... And maybe a little seating area, just a little badly designed!
Our voucher included lunch which was delicious and couldn't be faulted!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank glb006
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Glb006,

Thanks for the review of your spa day at QHB, we are now offering Afternoon Tea with use of the leisure facilities for £9.95, just call the hotel direct to make a booking!

Since your visit we have had a seats installed and loungers are due to arrive any day now for the pool side. There is a water machine in the gym - sorry no one pointed this out to you on your visit!

Thanks again,

Paolo Franchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bewdley
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed recently on business for one night.

Large car park with plenty of spaces. Met by a really friendly smile from reception and check in was easy.

My initial impression of the surroundings was a good one. I was on the first floor and was directed to stairs / lift area, passing the nice looking dining area & the Gym.

When I reached the floor I was met by builders and it looked like many rooms were being updated particularly the bathrooms as the baths were in the bedroom area.

My room was a good size, the bed was huge and comfortable. Free wifi was excellent and allowed me to crack on with work for the afternoon.

As expected the bathroom did look tired, however I asked reception on leaving and she advised the whole hotel is being renovated so cant argue too much about it. The shower was the most powerful I have ever experienced and felt very invigorated afterwards!!!

The gym was modern with machines and freeweights. I visied the gym around 530 and it was busy so had to wait for apparatus, however it seemed quieter later in the evening. Pool was a good size and emptywhen i used. The sauna,steam room & jacuzzi were also very good.

I chose to eat away from the hotel at the nearby Frankie & Bennys up the road, however I will review this seperately.

All in all a good hotel. Service was excellent and staff really friendly and efficient

Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MattA1977
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear MattA1977,

Thanks for your review, just like our showers, we like to make sure our guests are ‘blown away’ by their experience at QHB!

I hope next time you will visit our Grill Lounge to dine in, we are about to re-launch our menu – and I must say it’s looking delicious!

Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have just been treated to afternoon tea at this hotel today and it was excellent. The staff were very nice, nice surroundings and lovely food. We had sparkling wine first, sandwiches, cakes and pastries with a big pot of tea each. Delicious!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank 25JULIEW
25JulieW,

Thank you for your review of your afternoon tea experience at QHB. Really look forward to seeing you again soon!

Many thanks,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Business in March 2013, for 3 nights. I have stopped at this hotel several times over the past few years but this was the first time since its update. In short I found this hotel (and the upgrade) excellent and would return when I am next in Sunderland. Check In and out was efficient with friendly staff. Free Wi-Fi in the room was good. The room was modern and cleaned daily.
I ate it the restaurant in the evening once. It was good. The beer was a littler expensive. But been as thou the location of this hotel is very close to other restaurants, I did take a short walk the other nights for a cheaper pint. As I was working over a weekend I was usually first to breakfast which was the only downside as things didn’t seem ready at the stated start time (very minor point).
The hotel has an excellent gym and swimming pool which I used daily.

Room Tip: if you require Wi-Fi mention it to reception as some room have better connectivity.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank toddydec
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear Toddydec,

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and staff. A lot of work has gone into the hotel and its reviews like this that really make it worthwhile. You will be glad to hear we are about to re-launch our Restaurant with a fantastic new menu, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled next time you visit! Hope to see you in the very near future!

Kind Regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

..the hotel has been recently refurbished and is now light bright and very modern..I took my father to celebrate his birthday for a champagne afternoon tea..staff very pleasant and helpful..especially Peter who is an excellent host and restaurant manager..the fizz is of a good quality and we were served fresh delicious finger sandwiches ..scones..jam..cream..and a variety of cakes and pastries..and pots of tea or refillable coffees..a lovely experience and one I would definitely recommend..in fact we have booked to go back already..

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank elleluxe
Dear Elleluxe,

What a fantastic review, I know that Peter and his team will be delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience. Over the moon to hear you have booked to come back already, make sure you say hello so I can have the chance to thank you personally!

Chester-le-Street
Reviewed 31 March 2013

A really great day, the buffet served to the little ones first was a great idea,chicken nuggets and chips - just what they wanted and then when they were fed and happily playing their games came the adults food. What a great idea, roast beef baguettes served with onions, gravy and then the mustard or horseradish sauce topped up with delicious roast potatoes. Puts the normal buffet of sandwiches and crisps to shame. The only thing was the plates were not too clean, we had to discard about 4 before we came to a clean one. Mind you, apart from the price of drinks which was extortionate, that was the only fault.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Angela060
Dear Angela060,

Your kind words are very much appreciated. I am really glad you enjoyed your visit to QHB and I really hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Booked a few nights with partner for relaxing break in the north east as we are from Scotland! Staff very friendly & helpful upon arrival & Was greeted by a personal message from the manager in room, which was beautifully clean & well presented. Had a Very enjoyable breakfast in the morning, refill lattes mean I was happy!! The dining area is very well decorated.
My partner & I were both pleasantly surprised how nice the leisure facilities were. Small gym with all you need but the pool, sauna, steam room & jacuzzi were to a very high standard. Especially at night in the darker lighting, it was very relaxing & just what we needed!! All in all a perfect stay, couldn't recommend highly!
Thank you for a great experience & will definitely be returning when we visit the area!

• Stayed March 2013
10 Thank carlfinn
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear CarlFinn,

If I remember rightly you stayed with us over the Christmas period as I do remember writing out your card! I am over the moon you enjoyed your stay and wish to return; needless to say our Lavazza Lattes are still available!

Hope to welcome you back to QHB in the very near future.

Best Regards,

#4 of 10 in Sunderland
Best Western The Sea Hotel
Best Western The Sea Hotel
#3 of 5 in South Shields

Been to Quality Hotel Boldon? Share your experiences!