“lovely staff a credit to the hotel”

Quality Hotel Boldon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Boldon
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“lovely staff a credit to the hotel”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

i satyed here as a support worker for one night. on arrival we were awre that we could not check in until 2pm but on arrival at 11.30 were told our suitcases could be stored in the lugage room till later. The young lady on reception said she would check us in then to save less time when we returned from our concert. on checking she said that our rooms were in diffrent corridors of the hotel but she woulod check and get us closer. This was without been asked and she did just that. We then chose to have a sandwich which came with fries at a price of £4.95. Good value for money. this was served aby a very young gentelman wiht fair hair and a smile who was very pleasnant and poilte.we then asked the young lady on reception to organise a taxi which she did straight away no problems. Off to our show we went. on arriving back at 9pm we got into our room staight away and were even asked if we could manage our luggage. our rooms were large clean and spacious. a credoit to the house keepers. The taix firm used by the hotel are highly reccomended. a lovely gentelman who was very pleasandt and made us feel nothing was to much trouble. the only down side was the bread and oil starter which was 2 small buns priced at £3.25 aand the cheese board at £6.25 whic were 3 small pieces of cheese and 3 oat cakes with chutney. The main course of prawn and chicken skewers was delicious. The sticky toffee pudding looked lovely i will be having that should i return. breakast yum yum ye we had to wait for fried eggs but so what they were runny and fresh so worth the wait. the resturant staff were one of the best plesnt temas i have seen oin a long time and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff team. They are a credit to the quality hotel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank shalaw444
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Shalaw444,

Thanks for the review of your visit to QHB. We always welcome any feedback, and I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef regarding the appetiser and dessert. I know the team will be delighted to hear that you consider the staff a credit and I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Hope you will return soon,

Regards,

Paolo Franchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
West Boldon United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had Christmas dinner here last year and it was lovely so we thought we could not go wrong with Sunday lunch. I can say it was alright but have to say have had better. The vegetables were a bit sad -carrots, broccoli and courgettes-was looking forward to roast parsnips and turnip. It was good value for money but to be honest we won't rush back .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boxjellifish
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Boxjellifish,

I am glad you chose to return to QHB after your Christmas Party – we have just released our Christmas brochure for 2013! I was disappointed to hear there were aspects of your visit that were not satisfactory. Thank you for your comments however, I will certainly take them into account and make the necessary changes.

I do hope you will return – please let me know when you do at which point I would like to make your reservation personally for you.

Kind Regards,

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed here on 20th June for a Rihanna concert, checked in just before 2pm, our room wasn't ready which we expected as it states 2pm onwards, but we were allowed to leave our bags in the room and sit in the bar/restaurant for food. Reception staff and bar staff were very friendly and eager to please. We ordered off the bar menu and weren't disappointed. Our room (116) was very comfortable - double bed, tv, shower over the bath, air conditioning (optional via remote). Taxi to and from the stadium of light was just under £15 - we used Dial-A-Cab, as recommended by the hotel - very prompt and courteous service. Breakfast was an additional £10, which was a hot buffet (fruits/cereals etc also available) - hubby was recovering from the night before so I ate on my own, and the reception staff removed the extra £10 from our bill with no quibbles. Check out is 11am, but you can add extra hours on at £10 per hour. It's a remote hotel, on an industrial estate but very quiet. Overall, a very pleasant stay, and would quite happily return for another stay.

Room Tip: ours was 116 - ground floor, 2 minute walk from reception, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cumbrian Lasso,

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us last week – we had quite a few guests staying with us attending the event at the Stadium of Light as it’s so close by! It was a busy week for us and I am delighted to hear you would return in the future!

Cardiff
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Travelling up on a Saturday afternoon and evening for a football game the next day is not anyone's idea of heaven but after a long trip up from Cardiff we were warmly greeted by the Reception staff, with our room cards ready. After a quick freshen up we were down to the restaurant where a hot meal awaited us in accordance with the dietary needs of our players - plenty of carbs!!!!! Breakfast was hot and plenty of it. Overall, whilst not the Hilton, this hotel was easy to locate, the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble, the food was good and the rooms were comfortable. Definately would recommend for large groups or sporting teams ... excellant value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Christine A
Christine,

It was a pleasure to have you and the ladies here earlier this month, hope to see you all again soon!

Newcastle
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

My sister treated to Sunday lunch at The Quality Hotel for my birthday and it certainly was a TREAT!
As a regular visitor to this hotel prior to the fire, I was interested to see the recent refurbishments. Peter gave us a full tour of all areas and we were all very impressed. The hotel is furnished and decorated very tastefully and I believe this is because of the vision of the general manager, Mr Paolo Franchi.
All staff we came in contact with were very polite and helpful - a credit to the standards set by the hotel managers.
The meal was first class and served in very pleasant and relaxing surroundings. There was plenty of choice on the menu - I would highly recommend the mussels - they were delicious.
I was very touched that the chef, who I'm sure was very busy, took the time to pipe 'Happy Birthday' around the edge of me dessert plate!
All in all - a very pleasant experience. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank BarbieNewcastle
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
BarbieNewcastle,

What a wonderful review of your experience at QHB! Delighted to hear you have enjoyed your visit and that the team went that extra mile to help you celebrate your birthday!

We do have a vision for the hotel and I am really glad you picked up on that – our skilled designers have really given us something to be proud of!

I hope you will continue to visit the hotel and I look forward to meeting you at some point in the future!

Tranent
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stay from 25th - 27th May
Very disappointed in Hotel no wireless until 28th...
Room large bed comfortable. One of handles to window broken off
Toilet roll holder missing. Kettle broken and shower only part works. Staff friendly. Good location not sure I will stay again whilst in area.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Johnny10harvey
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Dear Johnny10Harvey,

Thank you for your review of the Quality Hotel Boldon, I was pleased to hear you found our team friendly and enjoyed a comfortable nights sleep in one of our king sized beds.
I can only apologise for the issues you encountered that have resulted in the negative comments above. With regard the Wi-Fi; we are currently working hard with BT in order to resolve the issue, unfortunately the blame does lie with BT and our hands are tied until this can be fixed. I can only apologise for the fact your toilet roll holder was missing, also that your kettle and shower were broken.
I can however assure you that we are reaching the final phase of upgrading our bathrooms with only a handful left to refurbish. I do hope you will contact me direct at the hotel and visit us again should you be in the area, at which point I would like to personally make your reservation.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it! I was greeted at check in by the general manager Pablo, who offered to show me around the hotel! Who was very attentive and polite! He had also left a letter in my room welcoming me to the hotel!
Once I had settled in my room (which was lovely, very modern and lovely decor) I made use of the gym facilities and pool, everything was brand new and so clean, really good facilities! I spoke to a young lady just before entering the gym, she was very helpful and offered assistance if I needed it.
The bar and restaurant area was spacious, and the food was amazing!!
I will definitely be using this hotel in the future!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank ash1408
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Ash1408,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on here for us, it was a pleasure to meet you and I really hope to see you again in the very near future!

Regards,

#1 of 1 in Seaham
Best Western The Sea Hotel
Best Western The Sea Hotel
#3 of 5 in South Shields

Been to Quality Hotel Boldon? Share your experiences!