Quality Hotel Boldon
Free cancellation until 03/06
US$77
Premier Inn Sunderland A19/A1231 Hotel(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/06
US$77
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
US$58
Sir William Fox Hotel(South Shields)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$88
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
US$71
Priceline
US$92
  • Pool
Athol House(South Shields)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$74
Premier Inn Sunderland City Centre(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
US$72
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge
All reviewssunday lunchxmas partyswimming poolsteam roomleisure facilitiesleisure clubcoach partybusiness parkafternoon teahuge bedgreat nightcouldn't faultlovely hotelthe ground floorone night stayfull englishpremier inn
Reviewed 26 June 2013

i satyed here as a support worker for one night. on arrival we were awre that we could not check in until 2pm but on arrival at 11.30 were told our suitcases could be stored in the lugage room till later. The young lady on reception said she would check us in then to save less time when we returned from our concert. on checking she said that our rooms were in diffrent corridors of the hotel but she woulod check and get us closer. This was without been asked and she did just that. We then chose to have a sandwich which came with fries at a price of £4.95. Good value for money. this was served aby a very young gentelman wiht fair hair and a smile who was very pleasnant and poilte.we then asked the young lady on reception to organise a taxi which she did straight away no problems. Off to our show we went. on arriving back at 9pm we got into our room staight away and were even asked if we could manage our luggage. our rooms were large clean and spacious. a credoit to the house keepers. The taix firm used by the hotel are highly reccomended. a lovely gentelman who was very pleasandt and made us feel nothing was to much trouble. the only down side was the bread and oil starter which was 2 small buns priced at £3.25 aand the cheese board at £6.25 whic were 3 small pieces of cheese and 3 oat cakes with chutney. The main course of prawn and chicken skewers was delicious. The sticky toffee pudding looked lovely i will be having that should i return. breakast yum yum ye we had to wait for fried eggs but so what they were runny and fresh so worth the wait. the resturant staff were one of the best plesnt temas i have seen oin a long time and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff team. They are a credit to the quality hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank shalaw444
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Shalaw444,

Thanks for the review of your visit to QHB. We always welcome any feedback, and I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef regarding the appetiser and dessert. I know the team will be delighted to hear that you consider the staff a credit and I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Hope you will return soon,

Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had Christmas dinner here last year and it was lovely so we thought we could not go wrong with Sunday lunch. I can say it was alright but have to say have had better. The vegetables were a bit sad -carrots, broccoli and courgettes-was looking forward to roast parsnips and turnip. It was good value for money but to be honest we won't rush back .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boxjellifish
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Boxjellifish,

I am glad you chose to return to QHB after your Christmas Party – we have just released our Christmas brochure for 2013! I was disappointed to hear there were aspects of your visit that were not satisfactory. Thank you for your comments however, I will certainly take them into account and make the necessary changes.

I do hope you will return – please let me know when you do at which point I would like to make your reservation personally for you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed here on 20th June for a Rihanna concert, checked in just before 2pm, our room wasn't ready which we expected as it states 2pm onwards, but we were allowed to leave our bags in the room and sit in the bar/restaurant for food. Reception staff and bar staff were very friendly and eager to please. We ordered off the bar menu and weren't disappointed. Our room (116) was very comfortable - double bed, tv, shower over the bath, air conditioning (optional via remote). Taxi to and from the stadium of light was just under £15 - we used Dial-A-Cab, as recommended by the hotel - very prompt and courteous service. Breakfast was an additional £10, which was a hot buffet (fruits/cereals etc also available) - hubby was recovering from the night before so I ate on my own, and the reception staff removed the extra £10 from our bill with no quibbles. Check out is 11am, but you can add extra hours on at £10 per hour. It's a remote hotel, on an industrial estate but very quiet. Overall, a very pleasant stay, and would quite happily return for another stay.

Room Tip: ours was 116 - ground floor, 2 minute walk from reception, very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Cumbrian Lasso,

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us last week – we had quite a few guests staying with us attending the event at the Stadium of Light as it’s so close by! It was a busy week for us and I am delighted to hear you would return in the future!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Travelling up on a Saturday afternoon and evening for a football game the next day is not anyone's idea of heaven but after a long trip up from Cardiff we were warmly greeted by the Reception staff, with our room cards ready. After a quick freshen up we were down to the restaurant where a hot meal awaited us in accordance with the dietary needs of our players - plenty of carbs!!!!! Breakfast was hot and plenty of it. Overall, whilst not the Hilton, this hotel was easy to locate, the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble, the food was good and the rooms were comfortable. Definately would recommend for large groups or sporting teams ... excellant value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Christine A

Christine,

It was a pleasure to have you and the ladies here earlier this month, hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

My sister treated to Sunday lunch at The Quality Hotel for my birthday and it certainly was a TREAT!
As a regular visitor to this hotel prior to the fire, I was interested to see the recent refurbishments. Peter gave us a full tour of all areas and we were all very impressed. The hotel is furnished and decorated very tastefully and I believe this is because of the vision of the general manager, Mr Paolo Franchi.
All staff we came in contact with were very polite and helpful - a credit to the standards set by the hotel managers.
The meal was first class and served in very pleasant and relaxing surroundings. There was plenty of choice on the menu - I would highly recommend the mussels - they were delicious.
I was very touched that the chef, who I'm sure was very busy, took the time to pipe 'Happy Birthday' around the edge of me dessert plate!
All in all - a very pleasant experience. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank BarbieNewcastle
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

BarbieNewcastle,

What a wonderful review of your experience at QHB! Delighted to hear you have enjoyed your visit and that the team went that extra mile to help you celebrate your birthday!

We do have a vision for the hotel and I am really glad you picked up on that – our skilled designers have really given us something to be proud of!

I hope you will continue to visit the hotel and I look forward to meeting you at some point in the future!