“Super local hotel - well worth a visit.”

Quality Hotel Boldon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Boldon
“Super local hotel - well worth a visit.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

As a guest a my nephew's wedding at the Quality Hotel Boldon just recently, I felt I had to comment on the fabulous day we all had. The staff were efficient, friendly and courteous. I was more than impressed with the beautiful room decor and most importantly the quality of the food. Despite being a large wedding group , service was efficient. I did notice the impressive pool and leisure facilities too. I will make a point of returning soon!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank 1merc
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear 1merc,

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your interaction with QHB, I will ensure your kind words are shared with the team. Do make a point of coming back to sample our leisure facilities soon!

Kind Regards,

Paolo Franchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
midlands united kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Part of a coach company, weekend overnight stay. Hotel had 2 coaches and wedding in. I thought the evening meal was a fiasco, we were still eating our sweet dish at 10 pm, some of the dishes were overcooked
. Can congratulate the hotel on the standard of bedrooms which were clean, tidy, lovely, comfortable and fresh. Just the evening meal which was disappointing .

Room Tip: Lovely quiet,comfortable bed and room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank teddy77
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Teddy77,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I do appreciate your valuable feedback. This last weekend was a particularly busy one for us, it was never our intention to have you leave dissatisfied. Your comments have been noted and will be addressed immediately with the team.

I am however delighted that you found the hotel ‘clean, tidy, lovely, comfortable and fresh’.
Warmest Regards,

Bude, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This hotel needs to decide whether it is a conference centre, a health club or a bed and breakfast hotel. Although it is bright and modern, there is a distinct lack of attention to detaIl. For example, the room that we stayed in had cups but no saucers, water bottles (not replenished) but no glasses, a shower but no-where to put soap or gel... the list is endless. On a more positive note and missing lightbulb and tv remote were quickly replaced, and the faulty toilet was also quickly fixed, but they should have been checked before we arrived. Breafasts were a disaster; self service is not ok, the food was always cold; tea bags in a cup - no teapots evident; cold plates; no hot water for drinks, no milk jugs. Yet evening meals were a delight; varied menu served at the table by friendly staff. But most of the staff seemed more occupied with the conference rooms and the health club and not the residents. Shame.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alanl58_10
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Alanl58_10,

I am disappointed you did not enjoy all aspects of your interaction with the Quality Hotel. We always encourage feedback whether negative or positive.

I noted you found the hotel bright and modern; I am sure you will agree this is reflected in our bedrooms, hence the supply of two mugs on our tea trays instead of a cup and saucer. I will look into the rest of your comments regarding the bedroom and breakfast service as this is the first complaint of this nature I have received since opening.

Whilst it appears you did enjoy the majority of your stay with us, I would like to thank you for your feedback; it has been duly noted and as promised, will personally take action upon it to do my very best to ensure this situation does not arise again.

I hope you will agree that your experience was not typical of our usual high levels of service and I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us, also for your very constructive criticism.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I needed a hotel close to my meeting locations in Newcastle and arriving early evening from down south I also wanted to hit my usual gym session and the quality hotel ticked the boxes I required.

On arrival the hotel was easy to find with ample parking. Check in was straightforward and the front desk personnel were polite and helpful with my questions.

Entering my room it was big enough for my needs with a comfy double bed, well presented bathroom and good sized flat screen tv.

I decided to take advantage of the health club facilities and used the gym, which was rather basic for free weights with no barbell, however plenty of cardio machines. I also utilised the swimming pool, sauna and steam room. The only negative here was the steam room was not very hot.

For the evening I opted to stay in the hotel for dinner and selected a delicious baby rack of ribs followed by a superb cappuccino creme brûlée.

After a good nights sleep I had a shower which was a powerful one and just the way I like them (this is one of my personal important hotel criteria).

Breakfast was buffet style and well cooked with plenty of choice for alternatives i.e. cereals, fruits and croissants etc.

Overall the hotel was what I needed as a business traveller and also good value per stay.

I will definitely stay in future.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Polymer1977
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Polymer1977,

Sounds like you took full advantage of all we have to offer here at QHB, really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the comment with regard the steam room; I will have this addressed immediately.

Hope you will visit again soon,

Warm Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed for 3 nights over the August Bank Holiday. The room and bathroom were lovely. The pool was a big hit with our little girl who woke up every morning demanding to go straight down.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

We'd definitely stay again if we were in the North East.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nonam212
Dear Nonam212,

Thank you for the review of your visit to the Quality Hotel Boldon, delighted to hear you and your family made full use of the facilities (even if it did restrict your lie in!).

Please do keep your word and stay with us again soon; contact Ruth our Reservations Manager direct at the hotel to ensure you are given a preferable rate!

Many Thanks,

Harrow
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We spent one night in the Quality Inn Boldon as the last night of a Shearings coach trip to Scotland.
The hotel is new and very modern. An enormous double bed, two armchairs, a desk with chair, a large flat screen television with lots of Freeview channels and tea and coffee making facilities as well as two bottles of water made the room complete. The bathroom had a bath with removable shower head and a selection of toiletries.
The food was very good with the only complaint being that the dining room was freezing due to overactive air conditioning. One other comment was the coffee wasn't up to much.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wolfhill
Dear Wolfhill,

It was a pleasure to have you stay; I know the team here at QHB will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your visit, even though pretty short.

Hope you will return soon – we will of course make sure the restaurant is slightly warmer this time!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Well. It's great for the money. Limited room service after hours.
Value for money drinks.
Room ok. But dated bathroom.
Green n brown depressing but room ok for £390 for two rooms three nights. I'd say it well worth it.
Lovely fitness suite n pool but as a woman I see too many men too many men fit n pumped

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank mlanaka
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear mlanaka,

Thanks for your review of QHB. Really glad you enjoyed your stay. With regard your comment about the bathrooms, we are currently in the final phase of upgrading the bathrooms and hope to have this work completed very shortly. I hope you will continue to use the Quality Hotel Boldon and we look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Many thanks,

#3 of 5 in South Shields
Roker Hotel
Roker Hotel
#7 of 10 in Sunderland

Been to Quality Hotel Boldon? Share your experiences!