“Quality Family Celebration”

Quality Hotel Boldon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Boldon
“Quality Family Celebration”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just reflecting on the lovely Baptism celebration that we were privileged to attend on Sunday 6th of April 2014. The church Baptism service was perfect and we then continued our celebrations at the Quality Hotel. The guests were greeted on arrival by the friendly staff and taken through to the reception room. The tables were set out with place settings and balloons to complement the occasion. The staff made everyone welcome including the little ones and nothing was too much trouble. The food on the buffet table was of high standard and everyone commented on how tasty it was. All in all it was an excellent family celebration.
Well done Quality Hotel for providing a day to remember.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wtw1
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Wtw1,

Thanks for your review of your visit to QHB for the Christening. Delighted to hear that all went well and you enjoyed your time here.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Team.

Paolo Franchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I used to stay a few years ago. What a difference there has been in many respects. It is difficult to believe it is the same hotel. Stayed overnight and had a great modern room. I like contemporary hotels and this definitely fits the bill. The staff were friendly and helpful. Clearly attention to detail is in evidence and the free wifi, bottled water and biscuits are a bonus - not all hotels go this far. I would definitely stay again when I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robbie72uk
Robbie72uk,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, hope you don't leave it a few years before your next visit!

Both myself and the Team look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Last Sunday we celebrated our son's christening at the Quality Hotel. The day couldn't of gone better. Everything from the service to the food was top class. All of our friends and family commented on the quality of the food as well as the room provided for us. Julie was fantastic at organising the day and went the extra mile to ensure that the day was perfect. In addition to this, the staff working on the day were very friendly and accomodating to our needs.
I would definately recommend this hotel as a venue for a celebration.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank DGW0314
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
DGW0314,

It was our pleasure to have you celebrate your sons Christening with us last Sunday. Julie was delighted to have received a personal mention and I am sure the rest of the Team will be also!

Hope you will continue to use us and look forward to seeing you in the very near future!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

On Saturday morning I decided to try the leisure club out. And I must say I was very impressed about my visit the leisure club was lovely and clean.The pool was lovely and warm and the spa and the heat treatment rooms were great. Before entered the pool area I tryed the Gym out and I asked the young man who works at the leisure club to show me how to work the machines which he did and he gave me a good detailed induction on how to use the equipment and also he was polite and extremely helpful I think his name was Rob. Also the receptionist lorna was really nice and cheerful and made me feel welcome as soon as I walked in the doors. I most check the bar area and have a drink when i next pop in. I WILL BE BACK ! Thank you Quality for a lovely day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PaulT1908
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
PaulT1908,

I will be sure to share your kind words regarding your visit to Boldon Fitness with the Team, I know both Rob and Lorna will be very happy to hear they have both stood out and provided a warm welcome!

Please do keep your word and come back soon!

Many thanks

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We came for Sunday lunch a few weeks ago, the friendly staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble even if it was just an extra gravy bowl. Lunch was lovely with large generous portions, on the table we all had the beef which was very nice. For desert I had brownie and the rest had sticky toffee which were both delightful! We will be back

Stayed March 2014
Margarettttt,

Great to hear you enjoyed your visit to QHB for Sunday lunch, really hope you will be back soon!

Many thanks,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

just stay over one night on a ground floor south side room and did not get a wink of sleep even though I warned the staff I needed a quiet room - the windows were not sound proofed and need of replacement and the traffic noise from 30ft away went on all night - the upper floor is made of timber joists which we had to endure every footfall and noise made above us coming thru - staff were polite and helpful but not when it comes to noise - there were very few people staying that night as we had no one on either side of us so I could not say about the sound proof quality of the walls - the heating came from an AC unit which could have drowned out the television - for £75 don't bother and the bathrooms were for only one person at a time.

Room Tip: only stay in an end 1st floor courtyard room on the north side
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mike T
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Mike T,

Thank you for thereview of your stay with us this weekend. I am very sorry that you encountered a few issues with us, however we do always encourage our guests to report any issues whilst here so we can do our very best to rectify them.

I have taken your comments on board, please do let me know if you choose to stay with us again and I will ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

Many thanks,
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel with good food and leisure facilities. Stayed at this hotel since may last year and it's consistently delivered good service. Staff are good and will do everything they can do make sure your comfortable. New chef has arrived recently with some great new choices in the restaurant .

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Glenn B,

Thanks for your glowing review of your visits to QHB, our New Head Chef is about to roll out his new menu later this month - I think we are all in for a treat!

Look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Many thanks
#1 of 1 in Seaham
Best Western The Sea Hotel
Best Western The Sea Hotel
#3 of 5 in South Shields

Been to Quality Hotel Boldon? Share your experiences!