All reviewssunday lunchxmas partyswimming poolleisure facilitiessteam roomgreat nightafternoon teawedding receptionlovely hotelcouldn't faultroom was largethe ground floorbuffet breakfastone night stayfull englishgymsunderland
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Have just returned fro. A hen party here. The hotel was beautiful and clean the staff were fantastic. The facilities were all very high standard. Only down side was the distance from Newcastle as taxi was £20 every time. But over all excellent hotel

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank viki1903
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Viki1903,

Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel. It was our pleasure to have you visit this weekend (you certainly appeared to have a good time!). If you do stay with us again we recommend booking transport in advance as our nominated Taxi Firm do offer us special flat rates when booked in advance...if you are looking to make your journey a little bit more special we also have a Limo Party Bus we can hire for you to start the night in style!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

When I heard our staff night out was going to be held at this hotel, I was somewhat disappointed as I live in Newcastle and had never heard of the hotel so did not expect much. To my surprise the place had a modern and funky feel to it as it was nicely decorated throughout. I was slightly disappointed at just how many people were squashed in the place but this only added to the atmosphere especially on the dance floor. The meal was also disappointing as illustrated by the number of complaints the staff had to deal with but I did not allow that to spoil my night. Staff serving the food worked effectively however I believe the management should also acknowledge the two young men (David and Bede) who appeared to work all throughout the night who were up serving all night till around 5am and then again in the morning I was met by both of them maintaining their warm smiles and high standards serving breakfast. Overall, the night was a huge success and thoroughly enjoyable.

Room Tip: Remember to make full use of their excellent spa facilities as they are often ignored in hotels
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank David M
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

David M,

Thanks for your review of Christmas 2013 - we have just released details about Christmas 2014 and have something rather special lined up this year! Be sure to check the website for details!

Will pass on your thanks to David and Bede, I know they will be delighted to hear they had a personal mention!

Many thanks,

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

What a lovely afternoon at the QHB. The lunch was delicious with tasteful table-settings and excellent service. The children's entertainer was so funny and the face painter was very talented. A nice little touch was the distribution of Easter eggs to every child. Altogether a very enjoyable afternoon in very comfortable surroundings.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank BarbieNewcastle
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

BarbieNewcastle,

Really glad to see that this is your third visit to QHB, and that you continue to use us. We all had a brilliant day on Sunday, so delighted to hear you enjoyed it too!

Keep an eye on our website for up-coming events and special offers!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I booked this hotel for the Saracens Women's Rugby team as a stop over before our game at Newcastle Falcons ground on Sunday. The hotel and staff were excellent, very accommodating, especially as we arrived after 9pm. The check in was very smooth and simple, which when you have 20 plus people was reassuring. The restaurant staff were brilliant and fed us, even though it was late! All the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was brilliant. Everyone loved the stay, and we went on to win our game, the stay at this hotel certainly helped. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennie S

Jennie S,

It was out pleasure to have you guys stay with us, even more so that you won your game!

Please do consider us again if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I'm not normally one to write reviews but this time it is a must! I attended the gym the other day and I had a fantastic one on one session with Connor. For a young lad he really knows his stuff! he was helping me with a diet plan as well as showing me how to use the machines and what different machines will do etc and I really feel I'm now on track with a set program for weight loss/toning. I really do appreciate the time and effort he put in with me, he is a passionate and lovely young man who is a real credit to the hotel. Next time anyone goes to the gym, make sure you ask for Connor, it's worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank misspiggy2014
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Misspiggy2014,

I will be sure to pass on your comments on to Connor, delighted to hear you consider him an asset to the hotel. Keep up the good work in the gym and best of luck with the weight loss!

Many thanks,