All reviewssunday lunchxmas partyswimming poolleisure facilitiessteam roomgreat nightafternoon teawedding receptionlovely hotelcouldn't faultroom was largethe ground floorbuffet breakfastone night stayfull englishgymsunderland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here a few times now, rooms are clean and well equipped.
Most of the staff are nice people but some lack in quality which could perhaps be improved by regular team meetings.
Leisure complex is very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John F
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

John F,

Delighted to hear you find our meeting rooms 'clean and well equipped' and that you find our leisure club very nice. We do hold regular departmental Team meetings and HOD meetings, however I have noted your comment to discuss at our next meeting!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I'm still here, so this is an "as it happens review". We're here for a friend's wedding and having the most wonderful time. The staff are superb. Every detail is catered for... our opinion, backed up by the bride
Friendly, helpful and accomodating to the nth degree. Facilities are sparkling. The food was gorgeous. A great venue, a great team. A credit to their manager. You can't go wrong here. Ever been to a wedding and been stung on drink prices? Not here. Fair and reasonable. If you are looking at wedding venues... The search ends here. Thanks for s great day to you all.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank J40CBM
p5olof, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

J40CBM,

This is the first time we have had a 'live' review, and what a pleasure it was to read! Really pleased you enjoyed your weekend with us at Angie & Marc's wedding - you guys were fantastic! I can only agree that the Team are a credit to me and I know they will be delighted that this has been recognised.

Hope you will consider us for any future visits...we promise not to change the house music playlist too much - enjoy the CD!

Many thanks,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the Quality Hotel during a visit to the area. We had stayed there a couple of years previously when the hotel was going through a refurbishment after a fire.

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the work carried out. A new fitness centre and swimming pool has been added to the facilities provided. This is free of charge to hotel residents. The restaurant menu looked tempting although we didn't get a chance to try any of the food. The room was very spacious - massive bed provided. Interestingly there was no toilet roll holder in the bathroom - maybe they haven't got round to fitting one yet.

Being on an business park there aren't many social attractions on your doorstep but there is and ASDA supermarket, a pub, cinema and a number of restaurants just a 5 minute walk away.

We are often in the northeast and will certainly be returning to this place

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LutonOssie
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

LutonOssie,

So pleased to hear you enjoyed your return visit to QHB! Even more so that you were 'pleasantly surprised' by the new hotel! Really sorry about the fact you had no toilet roll holder, these have now been fitted in the new bathrooms (we were waiting for them to be delivered via our supplier!) - thanks for your understanding however!

Really hope you will make a return visit soon at which point I would love the opportunity to meet you to thank you for your review personally!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son held his wedding and evening reception at this hotel and we had a fabulous time. From beginning to end we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were met with drinks and various tit-bits which were circulated by several staff. When we went into the room it was beautiful and the meal was very filling and not small portions. The evening was great too disco was brilliant. The wedding co-ordinator could not have been more helpful. Would recommend this hotel for anyone's wedding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ann R

Ann R,

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your interaction with QHB, I will certainly ensure your kind words are passed on to the Team. Really hope you will continue to visit us here at the hotel and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed 20 May 2014

What started off as a pleasant experience, ended up with the Hotel taking an unauthorised payment off my debit card and acting appallingly when I complained. I have only ever heard good things about this hotel but I have now cancelled all future bookings. The Staff are rude and are in need of some Customer Service training.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank fran h
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Francesca,

Disappointed you had posted a review following a resolution to our misunderstanding in relation to the billing for your conference last week, as you know, you supplied a card after week one of your conference, which we understood was to be used to settle your account on a weekly basis.

We strive to deliver only the best service to all of our guests, which I feel we did in the case of your conference both prior to and during your time here; rest assured it was never our intention to upset you.

Regards,