“Very handy, clean and gym is an unexpected bonus” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Hotel Boldon

Quality Hotel Boldon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Boldon
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very handy, clean and gym is an unexpected bonus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stay here as often as possible as have family in the area. This is a lovely hotel with restaurant, bar and gym, although the latter was out of action when we last visited a week ago due to storm damage. The rooms are clean, as are the towels and bed linen. We find the nightly rate a bit steep at £85.00, in comparison to a Travel Lodge down the road at £55.00 per night but I guess you get what you pay for. This hotel has also allowed us to check in early although this is not advertised. Roomy car park, excellent site for Sunderland and Newcastle as you can be on the motorway in 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms available - this hotel hosts lots of weddings at weekends so availability can som...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Melb228,

Thank you so much for the review of your visit to QHB. Really sorry about the Gym being out of action, however we are working very hard to have normal service resumed ASAP - this was however beyond our control. Your understanding was very much appreciated and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Really hope you will return to the hotel in the near future!

Paolo Franchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am so glad you sent me back my kindle which I so stupidly left behind. Thank you! I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times on business and am due back in September. It is great to know you will look after me so we'll.
sometimes reception can be a bit slow at check-in and check-out - maybe that's because you are busy looking after other customers.
Looking forward to seeing you in September
Rachel Hinde
( sent from my husband's trip advisor account)

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Chris H/Rachel,

Great to hear the Team went beyond your expectations...also that you received your Kindle! I will make sure I share your kind words with the Team who I know will be delighted to hear they have pleased another happy guest!

Looking forward to seeing you again in September!

Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from visiting the swimming pool at QHB . Very relaxing atmosphere in such clean and pleasant surroundings. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Particularly enjoyed the spa. Would definitely recommend a visit - I will certainly go back

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BarbieNewcastle
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
BarbieNewcastle

Great to hear you continue to use QHB and chose to post your very kind words on TripAdvisor! Would be great to meet you one day to thank you personally! Hope to see you soon!

Doddington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and used it as a base to explore the area, great location to all the main roads and close to the metro station too.

Our room was lovely, very modern and bathroom was nice. The leisure facilities are a bonus too after a long day sightseeing you can go for a swim.

We dinned in the restaurant twice, on the first night, the menu was limited as they didn't have half of the dishes, but what we did have was great.

There was a hiccup with our account regarding a pre auth, but that was soon sorted.

All the staff are very friendly and always willing to help or have a chat.

We will be returning after this successful trip and we really did enjoy our stay, so we will be back.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank razinsun85
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
razinsun85,

Thank you for choosing to stay at QHB recently, our location certainly lends itself to exploring the area. Delighted to hear you found our rooms lovely and bathrooms nice. Really sorry about the minor incident regarding your pre-auth upon check-in however you have my assurance this has now been addressed with the Reception Team to ensure this doesn't happen again!

Please do let me know if you choose to return to QHB as I would love to take the time to meet you and thank you personally for such a great review!

Warm Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here very much. The hotel is lovely the staff are brilliant and very professional. The facilities are very good and very clean. will definitely be staying here again! The swimming pool, Hot Tub and Sauna are well worth using.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Scottr32
Scottr32,

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to QHB. Really hope you will keep your word and stay with us again soon, keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for special offers!

broadstairs UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have read the reviews my friends made of your hotel.. My view is that they were far too lienient- with the exception of your Catering Manager and the Chef I found very little to recommend it.. Bathroomsm were generally below par. Ours was dangerous. First there was no safety mat in the bath - contrary to the Management of Health and Safety in the Workplace regulation and your duty of care to customers. As a former Environmental Technical Officer and later South East England Safety Training Manager for the CITB in South East England I'm still wondering whether I should report the incident. Next the shower head - there being no mixer tap hot water had to be turned off quickly after a shower. On two occasions following that once when my wife was showering nd also when I was doing likewise; the shower head errupted from its moorings and nearly his us on the head. Imagine what might have happened if we had been frail 77 year olds instead of being relatively fit. But the worst was the deafening thumping noise all through dinner on Friday night as a prelude, we were told, to the Ladies' Night. This wasn't music - it wasn't even decent drum and bass - it was just a repetitive din. Were told that either it couldn't be turned down or no body wanted to bother. Only when two of our party confronted the General Manager and shouted at him at close range was something done.What it boils down to is; we were a group of oldies who don't count, save as a cash stream. What the general Manager forgets - despite the mealy mouthed apology on this site - is that we may be old but we meet people and talk. The son of two of our party is a well known national broadcaster, I am a news reader on our local FM Community Radio Station. We belong ro Churches, Golf Clubs, Rotary The Womens'Institute and many other organisations where we meet people and talk. What most of us will say when asked about this hotel is probably not fit for publication. It is my view that your GM doesn't give a fig about parties like ours.Which makes me wonder if the owner does either. One more thing our former MP belongs to an associan of other former MPs he meets them regularly and talks. Reputations can be gained and lost through such conversations. Think on. Bill Pitt Broadstairs

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bill_pitt
Dear bill_pitt,

Many thanks for the review of your visit to QHB. I have taken your comments on board, as per my response to the previous review.

I hope you will agree that your experience was not typical of our usual high levels of service and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, also for your very constructive criticism.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I came to this hotel for a ladies nite that was on, the atmosphere was amazing and the staff were a credit to the manager everything ran smoothly for our table from arrival to end, the meal was just the right amount for us and very well presented and the staff were very professional in their conduct I only have two critasisms I had to stand on a chair to see the strippers the second being the other group of guests using the hotel dining room, who were particularly rude towards a member of management who appeared to conduct himself in a calm and collective manner. ( personally I wouldn't of given them the time of day !!!! Can't wait for the next event at this fabulous hotel !!! ****

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Susan G
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Susan G,

Great to hear you enjoyed our Fifty Shades Ladies Night at QHB. I took great pleasure in reading your review and will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the Team. We are releasing the date of our next Fifty Shades Ladies Night on Monday 7th July, as with all our events - keep an eye on our Website or Facebook page for the latest news! If you book our next event, please let us know and I will do my best to ensure you have front row seats...I have a feeling that there will be a lengthy queue of ladies for these seats however!

Really hope you will visit again soon,

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Boldon
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland
#2 of 11 in Sunderland
Hilton Newcastle Gateshead

Been to Quality Hotel Boldon? Share your experiences!