“Wow”

Quality Hotel Boldon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Boldon
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Where do I start?!?! Had a birthday party here for my mums 50th. The room was made up amazingly. The staff did an absolutely fabulous job from the beginning to the very end! Huge pat on the back for going above and beyond. I personally asked Every guest at the party if they enjoyed the food, there was nothing but compliments! I booked two rooms to stay over the night and they were immaculate, spacious, well maintained and of a lovely decor! What a trendy hotel you have! I would return here again and will recommend to anybody that requires a hotel!! I can't thank you all enough for a truly wonderful experience!!! 10/10

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Dan P
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dan P,

WOW - what a fantastic review! Really pleased your mum enjoyed her birthday party with us on Saturday night, I will be sure to share your kind words with the team.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A very big thank you to all of the staff at the quality hotel Boldon. The leisure facilities are great; the staff always go the extra mile - especially the general manager Paulo!
We held a very important celebration there last night and the party was planned to perfection, the room was so glamorous and the food was exquisite! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a modern but classy venue, fab staff and excellent food.
Well done Quality Hotel Boldon -this was much more than a quality experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dringlis I
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

DrInglis,

I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review to your TripAdvisor profile, it was our absolute pleasure to have you and your guests celebrate such a special occasion on Friday. Team QHB work very hard in order to ensure a top notch service is delivered to all of our guests and I know they will be delighted to hear they did so again on this occasion. Really hope that we can help you celebrate next year's birthday too...I am sure it will come around in no time at all!

Hope to see you in our leisure club very shortly!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

my whole family are members at this hotel using mostly using the leisure facilities, pool is fab and great size for a family swim as well as being big enough to use for 'lengths' and fitness purposes, we all use the gym facilities which is also everything we need for a good work out with a friendly atmosphere, I have recently started a personal training programme with Ben Anderson, the fitness manager and can honestly say I have never felt or looked so good after trying EVERYTHING else out there! Motivational, dedicated trainer who knows exactly how to get you the results you want and what he's talking about!! highly recommended :) also recently attended my friends wedding here in May and as a venue we both agreed it was perfect and the customer care was second to none making her day just as she planned, happy customers!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Laura504186,

Thanks for the amazing review of QHB. Delighted to hear you are enjoying your membership with us at Boldon Fitness - I am sure Ben will be really pleased to hear he is helping you with your training! (I must admit I have done a few sessions with him and I have to agree).

Also great to hear you attended a wedding at the hotel, more so that the Bride and Groom left happy!

I hope you will continue to use us and I look forward to meeting you in the very near future!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The bathroom well what can i say it was terable , rooms had our 8 legged freinds to join us but did not pay! Breakfeast the fesh fruit was very poor we did expect more as the name of the hotel says its quality,for the money we payed we did expect more for a 4 star hotel

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Patrick A
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Patadcock,

Many thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, I must sincerely apologise that you found your stay less that satisfactory. On the odd occasion a guest has an issue, we do encourage all guests to highlight them whilst here at the hotel so we can address them immediately, I am disappointed that you didn't on this occasion.

Your comments have been addressed with the team, to ensure improvements are made and standards are maintained. I do hope you will consider us in the future, at which point I would like to take the opportunity talk over the comments you have raised in your review.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed for a business trip recently.

Have to say I was rather disappointed considering the price I paid. Although the hotel looks quite new, the decor of my room was tired. The bathroom needed a bit of TLC and a blast of air freshener.

Worryingly one of the windows could not be closed as the handle was missing.

I was hoping to use the gym while I stayed, but that was closed due to flood damage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PrimeroPedro
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

PrimeroPedro,

Thank you for the review of of your interaction with QHB from which I was very disappointed to read everything was not to your satisfaction. I wonder if you would be so kind and contact me direct at the hotel to discuss this further.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We liked this hotel. The standard of the hotel is mentioned in it's name Quality! Stayed for two nights, liked our room well equipped and spotlessly clean. The food was well prepared and the menu well thought out. Would like to mention Jackie who worked hard to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The rest of the staff pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Caroline1965190759,

Brilliant review of your interaction with the hotel, I will be sure to pass on your comments to Jackie who will be really pleased she has earned a personal mention on TripAdvisor!

Be sure to keep an eye on our website or Facebook page for accommodation offers in the future!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stay here as often as possible as have family in the area. This is a lovely hotel with restaurant, bar and gym, although the latter was out of action when we last visited a week ago due to storm damage. The rooms are clean, as are the towels and bed linen. We find the nightly rate a bit steep at £85.00, in comparison to a Travel Lodge down the road at £55.00 per night but I guess you get what you pay for. This hotel has also allowed us to check in early although this is not advertised. Roomy car park, excellent site for Sunderland and Newcastle as you can be on the motorway in 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms available - this hotel hosts lots of weddings at weekends so availability can som...