“Fantastic Stay!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Brooklyn Center
Iowa
“Fantastic Stay!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I am going to use the word fantastic throughout this entire review as many times as possible. The employees were fantastic, check in, check out, and everything in between was a breeze. We got a fantastic deal for our second room due to their rewards card and used our points for the first room so we made out fantastically. Our rooms were spacious and clean and we smelled no smoke or other disagreeable odors. I love that they have hot cocoa, coffee, and cookies out all day-it's simply fantastic for the kids! The fitness room was okay...I didn't love the temperature (too hot and the fan wan't that great) or the treadmill. It was dated. The pool area was fantastic and the kids LOVED it. They stayed open late and said the kids can stay in later as long as there weren't adult in there and we did. The pool also opened early in the morning and we had a nice swim after the fantastic breakfast. Juices, milk, cereal, waffles, pastries, breads, breakfast potatoes, sausage, eggs (they were like mini omelets!) We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KatherineNoel
Drew L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel and give us a FANTASTIC review. We are glad to see that our hotel has exceeded your expectations. We do everything we can to make sure our guests have a great experience and want to return to stay with us again in the future. I also wanted to thank you for being a Club Carlson member. It really is a great program and you do receive FANTASTIC benefits and I am glad to hear that you capitalized on them. We truly appreciate your recommendation on trip advisor and we look forward to your future visits!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I am sitting in my room of this hotel as I type this message and I want to say that this hotel is not 100% non-smoking facility as advertised. The room I am in has obviously been smoked in and when in the hallway one can easily smell that there is active smoking going on in other rooms on this floor.

This does not please me in the slightest and I feel that the property is not worth what I paid now. I don’t like it when a business sells something but turns around and gives you something else, ala a bait and switch.

Even though I stay in a Country Inn in the Cities once week , I will certainly not be visiting this property again.

Room Tip: Don't visit the third floor if you don't like smoking.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Heidi O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate the feedback and with it we can continue to improve our product and amenities. We converted to a smoke free hotel several years ago and currently do not allow smoking anywhere in the hotel. If a guest does smoke they will be asked to stop immediately and will be fined $200 for deep cleaning and smoke removal. I understand you were not pleased with your experience and for that I do apologize. I too have an aversion to smoke and would not be happy if I experienced anything less than a clean, fresh room. I know the hotel has already personally reached out to you so I hope you will reconsider trying us again at the Country Inn & Suites Brooklyn Center; we would love to have you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Great People, Great Service for a nice simple rooms. Always helpful staff willing to go out of there way to make the customer happy. Have never heard a complaint form anyone i recomended to go stay there

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking time to review our property. We really appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations and our friendly team! We truly appreciate your recommendation on trip advisor and we look forward to your future visits!
New London, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I had stayed here Black Friday weekend on a Sunday after a day of exploring the Cities. The lady at the front desk was very courteous & checked me in with a breeze, She had also called my room later to make sure everything I was settled in & anything else I had needed. the Pool hot tub area was good & the hot tub was a great way to relax after a long day around town. The room was nice & fitting, beds were comfortable. The breakfast was great in the morning & offered a wide selection. The front desk man in the morning who checked me out was very courteous as well I would stay here again if I am in the cities.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very pleaseed you enjoyed your experience and our talented team! I will pass on your comments to the entire staff and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I made a reservation for my husband and two adult children. I asked for a suite and thought I had a suite that had two beds in it. In the end there was only a king sized bed and a pull out couch. They were very accomodating and gave us a rollaway without charge, The breakfast was delicious and well stocked. Over all it was a great experience and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and kind words about the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we offered. I will be sure to share your compliments with our entire team! I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the area.
All the best, Heidi Olson, Regional General Manager
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Steadfast and reliable Country Inn remains my go-to of all reasonable hotel chains. This site had friendly staff and nice bedding (pillows and comforters) though the bed seemed a bit more stiff than previous CI's I have visited. Room was clean and free wifi worked well. Bathroom in need of a small fix up around shower stall and wallpaper, food was good though missed the boiled eggs found at other CI's. Sat after midnight could hear the bass booming (from cars) out by the attached tavern but car full of shopping good was untouched in lot. For the $74 corporate rate can not pass!!

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the boom boom on weekends after midnight as for rear facing room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Drew L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am happy to hear of your loyalty toward Country Inns & Suites. Thank you also for your comment about the rooms needing updating. We are currently doing some in house projects to update a few of these items.

winnipeg, mb
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stay at this hotel every time we drive in for a Vikings game. Just a few minutes from the stadium and easy driving everywhere else. The best part is Steve the best desk clerk in the world. Always welcoming and makes you want to come back. Good breakfast and reasonable rates.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and also thank you for your mention of Steve. He is a great asset to our hotel and with the rest of the staff we try to put our customers first and make sure there satisfaction is complete.
Thank you again for your reveiw and hopefully we will see you again the next time the Vikings play.

Best Regards

Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center? Share your experiences!