“Extremely fast and good food”
Review of 50's Grill

50's Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Hope, Minnesota
“Extremely fast and good food”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I had the bacon cheeseburger with fries and a strawberry malt. The burger was a nice big size and cooked perfectly medium rare to my request. The fries were delicious. The malt was tasty and thick, even requiring a stir before I could pour it from the mixing cup into the glass. The total for my meal was about $12 to give you an idea. The atmosphere is a throwback to the 1950s including waitresses in poodle skirts. I will eat here again.

Visited January 2014

“Boring, needs a freshing up and a goid cleaning”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Had an evening meal place was slow, food was blah, walleye sandwich smelt like fish, and looked anemic batter was like a fish stick, another meal was an orange salad, seemed like they made it on a bed of celery, chunks of celery, burger was ovet cooked and bland. Ice cream for.dessert was okay

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank eyesdoit
Inverness, Florida
“Good food but not great”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Everyone seems to speak highly of the 50's Grill but I don't understand why. The food is good, but not great. The restaurant is not the nicest one in town (Arby's inside looks better). The service is good and efficient but not outstanding. This restaurant has been around forever. My son worked there over 20-years ago. So what brings me and hordes of others back. Part of it has to be the food. Right out of the 50's. Turkey, meatloaf, chicken pot pie, the comfort food we remember as kids, cooked home style. Ice cream Sundays, shakes, and fountain drinks; drinks I remember from the drug store as a kid. The foods not great but it's good.

Visited January 2014
Cordova, Tennessee
“This is great comfort food!!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I checked Tripadvisor for a good spot in Brooklyn Center as we were there for the evening. The place is great, attentive waitresses in poodle skirts, private booths and real comfort food. I was going to fast the next day for medical tests so I went big and chose the turkey dinner, ti was great, close to what Grandma made. My wife had the Chicken Pot Pie and really enjoyed it.
The deserts were very tempting, but we held off.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank PamandDon
Ebensburg, PA
“A unique and pleasing surprise along the interstate”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were very pleased with the food and service at the 50's Grill in Brooklyn Center. I had a wonderful meatloaf with potatoes and gravy, just like home. The bakery is impressive and the pie was delicious. The beer selection was adequate and we both had a wonderful time enjoying our dinner.

• Visited September 2013