“Fresh Malts and Pies”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Don't miss out on the malts and desserts as they are fresh and always a tremendous variety of pies.

The traditional meatloaf, sandwiches and roast beef and mashed potatoes are all good dinner options but indulge a little and get the dessert!

2  Thank Froomcat

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My elderly mother liked to treat my family with a meal at the 50's Grill and it was always fun. We love the malts and pies! Though my mom has passed away we continue to eat there regularly.

1  Thank photojerry
Reviewed 18 April 2014

If you're looking a home cooked meal, this is the place. I love their burgers with homemade buns. The atmosphere takes you back to an era passed long ago. The staff is attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

When we want to go somewhere fun and special, we go here. The lobby is as if you stepped back in time. The 50's jukebox, and even a B/W TV. I like to show my G'daughter this is what my Livingroom looked like when I was a girl.
The food is wonderful and always fresh pie and deserts with ice cream. The waitresses are dressed in poodle skirts and are just darling. This place is like a destination and one of a kind a real Gem in Brooklyn Center. Close to the Brookdale Shopping Center. The best part it is down to earth affordable tasty food.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I had the bacon cheeseburger with fries and a strawberry malt. The burger was a nice big size and cooked perfectly medium rare to my request. The fries were delicious. The malt was tasty and thick, even requiring a stir before I could pour it from the mixing cup into the glass. The total for my meal was about $12 to give you an idea. The atmosphere is a throwback to the 1950s including waitresses in poodle skirts. I will eat here again.