“NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL”

Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Brooklyn Center
North Bergen, New Jersey
“NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stay in Comfort Inns or other brands of Choice Hotels all the time, and I have never had an experience like this.

I dye my hair and when I took a shower that morning I dried my hair with a hand towel, got dressed and left.

I find a charge in my credit card of $90.11, after 5 emails directly to the hotel and numerous emails to Choice Hotels, customer service, I finally get an answer from the hotel manager claiming I stained 2 towels and 1 complete set of sheets. I have sent an addtl 3 emails telling them that I used 1 hand towel to dry my hair, got dressed and left and they won't acknowledge my emails.

Has anyone ever heard of such a proposterous thing? For $90.11 they can buy towels for the entire hotel.

If you don't want to find any crazy charges in your credit card DON'T STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JEANNIEFERIA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Glassboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I have stayed here before long time ago because the price was legit yet my experinece with the staff was not so pleasant. I must say a lot has changed recenlty and my stay this time was much better than the previous one. Price is even better and the staff was friendly. The new management was extremely helpful. Would keep staying here whenever visit Mankato

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

hot tub down for maintaince, according to the front desk clerk it is every Sunday, maybe that should let be known on there website? And second website says ALL ROOMS HAVE A 50"PLASMA? Where's the plasma?? Room has a 90's tube tv and let alone a 50"....

• Stayed August 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed at this location while in the Twin cities for a medical appointment. It was comfortable and the room was clean. I was afraid we would get stuck in the elevator because of the noises it made. The elevator carpet is way past need for replacement. The breakfast was very good but the tv in the breakfast room was not working and the staff member seemed clueless on how to fix it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
chicago, illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites for a six night stay in June. The hotel was clean and the rooms comfortable, nothing fancy, very standard. We came into town to explore the Minneapolis area and thought that this hotel would be in a good location to all the things we wanted to do, but in the end we found it to be in a location that was not ideal. The area around the hotel was run down and questionable, nothing to walk to, a few chain restaurants, and shopping quite a distance away. We were constantly going into the St. Paul/Minneapolis city area which was 20min - 45min from the hotel depending on traffic.

The breakfast area was not very large and many times there was no where to sit. The food was your basic options that they changed up every day. There is a restaurant/bar next door that offers 10% off for the hotel guests but we did not dine there.

Although the hotel and staff were nice, we ended up driving too much and too far to explore the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Santaquin, Utah
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Got in late and the night clerk at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The room was nothing really special but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. I was able to use the wi-fi on my laptop without any issues. Did not use the TV. The breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 May 2012

First impressions - slight musty smell when entering the room, early '90s style decor in okay shape, 27" tube TV, a few stains on the carpet, leaky tub faucet, signs of past water damage to the ceiling in the room and bathroom, and a badly cracked bathroom sink. For the level of property, nothing that couldn't be overlooked. So why two stars? Hair.

After removing the old comforter and upon turning down the top blanket, I noticed some hairs. Not one or two, but several. I started really looking and the whole blanket had random hair all over it, including the kind not from a head that absolutely nobody wants on their bed. Disgusting. My assumption was that it hadn't been laundered in some time. The sheets appeared okay (I could see another long hair underneath on the mattress pad) but it makes you wonder.

I went to the front desk to get another blanket; the clerk had to go to an upstairs floor to get one. The new blanket looked clean when he gave it to me and he made a note of it for the next day. Upon getting back to the room and opening the new blanket, it had several hairs as well, just not as many - so I don't know if the blankets aren't washed often enough or if guest hair sticks to them during washing. I gave up and just used the sheet. Housekeeping made up the bed the next day with what looked like a much cleaner blanket. One of the other blankets was nicely folded and set at the foot the bed, but with visible long, dark hair on top.

The best thing about the room was fantastic water pressure for showering and no shortage of hot water. Other good points had minor caveats. Wifi is free, but not high speed. Breakfast is included, but hot foods may not be available if you go within half an hour or so of breakfast end time. There is a waffle iron, though. TV offered a good selection of channels, but weirdly, several had no or partial audio.

Visiting another room, that room had a newer flatscreen TV and an undamaged sink and ceiling. The room had a stronger musty smell, however, and yes - a few hairs that were not the occupants' on the blanket. You can be the judge whether this would bother you or not. Given a choice, I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Bring your own blanket.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley

Been to Quality Inn Brooklyn Center? Share your experiences!