“Fun and different...”

Hy-Vee Market Grille
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Dinner at a grocery store... hmmm... doesn't sound right.. but in this case it is. The store has a wide variety of "fast food" type vendors - with everything from Mexican food to fried chicken to Italian to ribs and meat loaf -- always wondered how "good" some of those places really were.... The Market Grill has a menu option that allows you to exit the restaurant and visit any of the little "fast food" places and try their fare. It was fun - some were really good others no-so-much -- but I am sure that is just personal preference. Try it -- its different and fun. Wouldn't be a "regular thing" for me--- but worth a try when looking for something a bit different or with a group that just can't decide what type of food to go for...

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Always friendly smiles, great service and excellent prices. Love the selection of food and their bread selection is awesome!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We were greeted and seated right away as the restaurant was not busy on Labor Day Monday. The waitress came by right away and took our beverage orders for breakfast. We flagged her down after about 20 minutes and said we were ready to order. She never stopped by to ask if we were ready even as she was at the table next to us. Waited another half hour+ for food. We all had hash browns with our breakfast. My sister ordered crispy hash browns that were served on another sister's plate. We had to swap it out ourselves. The rest of the hash browns were VERY greasy and not browned. I had the eggs benedict that lacked flavor except for the paprika spice on top that I do not like. We never saw our waitress again after the food was served. A female, manager?, was walking by when I said we were ready for our check. She did bring me A refill on ice tea when I ASKED for it. NO ONE ever asked how the food was or BUSSED OUR TABLE! We sat with dirty plates while trying to exchange our parent's 70 year old wedding pictures for an upcoming family wedding. We also moved booths at the beginning, because the COLD air blowing down on us by the window was ridiculous! My one sister that lives close by had been here 2 times before today .1st time she said was very good. 2nd time she said service and food were very poor as of our experience today.
BAD FOOD....BAD SERVICE!!!!! We will not be back!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Visited Hy-Vee for breakfast with my husband. Our breakfasts were freshly cooked to order. Both meals were absolutely perfect and delicious. The restaurant is immaculate. The service is excellent! The price is very reasonable. We will be back!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Visited on a Wednesday with co-workers for happy hour and to take advantage of 1/2 price apps and Sushi, plus half price bottles of wine and tap beers. Firecracker shrimp was great! Co-workers liked their apps too. Sushi at an adjacent table looked amazing...will have to try it next time. $11 for a bottle of Apothic Red wine...very good! And the service was terrific too...we'll be back!