“Good Value!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Hammond, Indiana
“Good Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Minneapolis Marriott Northwest is a good place to stay for a reasonable price. The room was spacious - we had a two-room suite - with plush white pillows and two TV sets. Although it is close to the expressway, road noise was not at all a problem in higher floors (can't say if it's a problem in lower floors, though). With an expensive restaurant inside the hotel, there is no breakfast included in the price. In-room coffee and tea were good; with only two paper cups, you are limited to only two cups, however! The staff was professional and quite helpful. Fitness center is well equipped. I wish there were some fast food places and stores nearby - the hotel is isolated from in every direction. Overall, the value for the price is good.

Room Tip: A higher floor offers virtually no noise.
Green Features: The hotel strives to achieve - and succeeds, I might add - environmentally friendly service.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear KG
Thank you for your review and the nice comments about our hotel. Regarding location I would like to point out for a future visit, the hotel does offer transportation to the Arbor Lakes Mall 3 miles from the hotel. Arbor Lakes offers such a wide variety of restaurants you could choose a new one each day and not eat at the same place twice in 30 days! Arbor Lakes also has three distinct shopping areas that combined have more retail than the Mall of America, including unique, independent stores, specialty chains and national brands, plus a wide variety of restaurants, and a top notch selection of personal and professional services including banking, financial, beauty and spa centers. I appreciate you choosing the Marriott Northwest and will look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Catering management and staff were wonderful to work with! Very accommodating with great ideas to make our event go as smoothly as possible. Our event included a silent auction/dinner/live auction and live music. Everything went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Mpls Marriott NW for any event or wedding reception.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ann S,

We strive for excellence in our product and service every day and thus to It is indeed gratifying to receive comments such as yours. I’m pleased Rhonda and Cathy helped make your Gala such a great success. I will pass along your comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding. Suite was great. Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We had a few minor problem (smelly room and then broken safe) but they were happy to move us to a new room and comp'd us for two free breakfast buffets. The breakfast buffet was OUTSTANDING!

Beds were comfortable, lobby was attractive. Would def stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Deb B,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. While I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, I apologize the first room was neither up to your expectations or our standards. Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast buffet and our beds. We receive many great comments on both of these features in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

My wife and I visited MN for a family visit/graduation. I chose this hotel based upon location, the walk in shower, and my in-laws weren't staying there. They stayed in another Marriott property about a mile up the road.

I really like the looks of an atrium style hotel, but I always for get how loud it can be. While the atrium did get loud (some pee-wee hockey tournament or something), it wasn't a problem in the suite. From the atrium, you enter into the “living room” of the suite. The bedroom has a door you can close and block out what little noise filters into the living room.

Our flight got in much earlier than the standard check-in time of 3:00 PM. The person at the front desk and was very helpful, and got us into our room before 11:00 AM. He made some comment about being able to get us in that early because it was an accessible suite. I don't know if that is a loophole in their system or not, but I was happy to be able to drop off our bags and freshen up before meeting up with the extended family.

The hotel says that the common area wi-fi is free, but the wired internet in the room has a charge. I feel this charge is bogus, but I didn't have to worry about it as we had wi-fi reception in the room. We were near the opposite end from reception, so I would surmise most of the rooms would get reception.

The hotel was quite clean, and parking is very convenient. I also found the hotel to feel quite safe, as there is really nothing else in walking distance (no other reason for hoodlums to hang out near the hotel). The hotel couldn't be more convenient to the highway, as one of the entrance ramps is directly across the driveway from the hotel.

The hotel has an indoor pool, which I would say is almost necessary in MN. I personally don't like indoor pools, as these rooms are just too damp and has a constant chlorine odor to them. This was no different. But..., it is there if you want it.

The room was a little older than I thought it would be. It wasn't in need of a renovation, but I could tell one hadn't been done for a while, either. Others say it has been remodeled, but I didn't get that feeling.

Oh..., don't bother trying to call the hotel for a lower rate. It's corporately owned, and you don't get to speak to anyone that can give you a better deal than what you can find on the internet. If you happen to be driving by and looking for a place to stay, you might be able to negotiate, but I doubt it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Snoweman,

Thank you for staying at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate all the detail in your posting. I would like to clarify a few of your facts if I may:

· Regarding the physical condition of the rooms our hotel opened as a Marriott in July of 2012 after an extensive $24 million dollar renovation. The design is similar to other Marriott’s opened or renovated in the last few years so the look may be familiar to you from other hotels you have visited.

· I’m glad we were able to accommodate your early check in request. The availability of an “accessible” room is nothing more than the fact that are equipped to accommodate a person in a wheelchair and guests not requiring such an option tend to prefer rooms not equipped in this manner due to the bathroom aesthetics. In view of this fact these rooms can be available earlier due to lower occupancy demand.

· The hotel is actually not owned by Marriott Corporation. Regardless of that fact the best rate offers are always available on the Marriott.com website. We don’t negotiate rates over the phones that aren’t available on the website as most guests tend to research rates online.

· Our internet access is complimentary in the great room or atrium area and available for a fee in your suite regardless how you access it. We do offer a weekend rate that includes internet access in your suite.

· The hotel is located in a business park 3 miles form the Arbor Lakes Mall and thus you are correct in that we don’t have "hoodlums" hanging out near the hotel.

Thanks again for staying with us!
Bowling Green, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel to right on target with Marriott's high standards and would definitely stay there again. The only disappointment I had was that they put us in a room in which they view was completely blocked by the roof to the check -in parking overhang. Generally , as platinum level Marriott guests we are better accommodated when possible (the hotel did not appear to be remotely full when we were there).

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Deb B,

Thank you for taking time to share comments regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. While I’m glad you enjoyed your visit I apologize the room view was not to your satisfaction. We will make a note of this in your profile and would further encourage you to bring to our attention anything (no matter how small) we can do to make your visit more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Everything at this property is brand new, the staff is nice, and the all suite layout provides a real home like comfort for longer stays. I really enjoyed my stay recent stay, and I will be back. The only meal I had at the hotel was breakfast, but the selection of the buffet was excellent.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to share such wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. We take pride in providing the finest service and it’s gratifying when we are complimented by you our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back!
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here on points, but on the Concierge Level because we are Gold Marriott members. That said, I sincerely believe that our experiences would not have been altered had we been travelers in no way connected to Marriott by rewards.
The people, ALL the people in the hotel were super nice and accommodating. The restaurant had great meals in the facility and via Room Service.
Be aware, this hotel isn't in down town. But if you have a rental, like I imagine most people would, you are going to be just fine.

Room Tip: Bring swim trunks. Probably my only regret is not utilizing the hotel pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
MarriottNorthwestGM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear TheRealTravelerBill,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. We take pride in providing the finest service and it’s gratifying when we are complimented by you our guest who have ranked us number 1 out of all full service Marriotts for our service. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!