Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsopen atriumliving roomthe concierge loungemaple grovegreat businessrooms are largebeautiful hotelsleeping areabusiness staynice amenitiesbed and pillowsbusiness travelercommon areaswi fihot tublobby areaconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at this place several times between 2006-2011 when it was the Northland Inn and always had an enjoyable stay. Now as the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, it is even better than ever!

My wife and I did a couples package where we had a wonderful room on the 8th Floor with an incredible view facing south and east. We enjoyed the delightful chilled champagne and chocolates that were bought to our room after we checked in. Speaking of check in, our host who checked us in and out the next day, I believe her name was Shae, was very friendly and helpful, answering any questions we had, and providing us with complimentary toothbrush kits since we forgot our own.

The room itself was wonderful. Climite control worked perfect and the shower was ideal, water being the perfect temperature and pressure. We had two big screen TV's with HD, a great radio in the bedroom that was iPod compatible, refrigerator, coffee maker, Our king sized bed was very comfortable, providing us with a great night's sleep.

The breakfast is truly the BEST! Everything was fresh and delicious. Omelettes, made to order, were wonderful. Thao, our waiter, was quite a gentlemen and made sure our glasses were never empty. We would come back just for the breafkast alone.

We did find two box elders and an ant in the swimming pool area. Being Fall, the critters are trying to escape the cold I'm sure and that hotel management will be able to take care of this small issue with ease.

All in all, this hotel has become our favorite place to stay in the Twin Cities and we plan to stay here many more times. It is a great place to relax, unwind, and get away from it all.

Room Tip: 8th Floor rooms are wonderful and highly recommended. Browse online for great deals on packages like we did.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Bret S

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. I appreciate the detailed description of the room and our services. It is indeed rewarding to receive comments like this and especially regarding our Font Desk Host Shea. I will pass along your praise to her. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is the 1st all-suite Marriott I have stayed in and all the guestrooms and function rooms were completely remodeled in 2012. However, it's the service experience I appreciate since I travel extensively and stay at several hotels each year.
I also want to say the food in the hotel was very good and the staff was trained well.
Since I like a good fitness ctr. in a hotel I must rank this one as one of the best for Marriott.

Room Tip: Corner rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Richard S

Thank you for posting your impressions regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. We constantly receive positive feedback regarding our service and our all suite product which is unique among full service Marriott’s in the Twin Cities. Each of our Hosts strives to provide a personalized guest experience and we all appreciate the recognition from you, our guest, whom we serve. I thank you for choosing the Marriott Northwest and will look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had our annual fund raiser at the Marriott Northwest this year and it went off without a hitch! The staff was extremely accomodating & and over the top helpful. From the start, working with Ronda Barnes & Cathy Dunn, Catering Sales Manager, were such a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend working with these incredible ladies for any event. The food, the servie and the price were fantastic! We stayed the night in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was beautiful! Can't say enough about this place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Scarlson55

Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent event. I appreciate you mentioning Cathy and Rhonda who work diligently to make sure every detail on every event is just perfect. I’m pleased you were highly satisfied with the event and I will certainly pass along your kind words of praise to them and the rest of the event staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Minneapolis Marriott Northwest is a good place to stay for a reasonable price. The room was spacious - we had a two-room suite - with plush white pillows and two TV sets. Although it is close to the expressway, road noise was not at all a problem in higher floors (can't say if it's a problem in lower floors, though). With an expensive restaurant inside the hotel, there is no breakfast included in the price. In-room coffee and tea were good; with only two paper cups, you are limited to only two cups, however! The staff was professional and quite helpful. Fitness center is well equipped. I wish there were some fast food places and stores nearby - the hotel is isolated from in every direction. Overall, the value for the price is good.

Room Tip: A higher floor offers virtually no noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear KG
Thank you for your review and the nice comments about our hotel. Regarding location I would like to point out for a future visit, the hotel does offer transportation to the Arbor Lakes Mall 3 miles from the hotel. Arbor Lakes offers such a wide variety of restaurants you could choose a new one each day and not eat at the same place twice in 30 days! Arbor Lakes also has three distinct shopping areas that combined have more retail than the Mall of America, including unique, independent stores, specialty chains and national brands, plus a wide variety of restaurants, and a top notch selection of personal and professional services including banking, financial, beauty and spa centers. I appreciate you choosing the Marriott Northwest and will look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Catering management and staff were wonderful to work with! Very accommodating with great ideas to make our event go as smoothly as possible. Our event included a silent auction/dinner/live auction and live music. Everything went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Mpls Marriott NW for any event or wedding reception.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Ann S,

We strive for excellence in our product and service every day and thus to It is indeed gratifying to receive comments such as yours. I’m pleased Rhonda and Cathy helped make your Gala such a great success. I will pass along your comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.