“New is not always better”

Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Plymouth, Minnesota
“New is not always better”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We use to go to this restaurant when it was the Northland Inn. They had amazing buffets food was fantastic and wonderful service. In November I attended a fund raiser dinner here. Granted, it was not in the restuarant itself, but a banquet room. That being said, I would guess the food comes out of the same kitchen as their restaurant. The food was not up to the standards of the Northland Inn, but it was average. The servers were friendly and gave good service. I had a similiar dish when I ate at the Northland Inn and the flavor was outstanding compared to the similar dish at the Marriott which was just average. I can't comment on the rooms as I only went for dinner.

Room Tip: I only had dinner there so can't comment on the hotel rooms or prices.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Valerie1950,

I'm disappointed to learn of your less than satisfactory experience. I apologize your food was not as good as you remember it from years past. Since our conversion to a Marriott almost 2 years ago our Wadsworth Restaurant has become the number 2 guest ranked restaurant for food and service quality of all full service Marriotts in North America. I hope you would give us another try as I'm certain your experience will be more favorable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the second year we have stayed at the Marriott in Brooklyn Park, over Thanksgiving weekend (we have stayed other times throughout the year as well), and this year was even better than last. Our original draw was the larger rooms, but the service will keep us coming back. Thanksgiving evening I needed to go to the front desk about three times for different reasons. I was beginning to feel like a nuisance, but Beth was gracious and even apologetic to me! She was more than helpful each time, and went above and beyond. One stop was to purchase a deck of playing cards in their store, but they were out. About a half hour later Don, I believe from customer service, came to our door with a new deck! They made us feel like we were truly a guest, and not just a customer. Our son goes to school in the area, and he and some friends met us there for the Thanksgiving buffet. I mentioned to them that I thought their customer service was top notch, he said they had stopped at the front desk, and thought the same. Beth was exceptional, and she and Don represent Marriott well (everyone there was very friendly). The buffet was wonderful too, and Marriott will remain our tradition while our son is at school.

Room Tip: We have stayed several times, and often have two rooms. We have never had a bad one!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Chab7_13

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent visit. I appreciate your kind words about Beth and Don and I am pleased they were able to be of service to you. I'm also pleased that you continue to enjoy our property. We hope you will continue your visits during your son's years at school here in Minneapolis. I will be sure to pass along your praise to both Beth and Don and we look forward to your next visit.
watertown, sd
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The rooms were nice and connected to the indoor corridor. We were here for a convention that was done in the evening by 5:30. The restaurant staff were extremely slow to wait tables. However, the Sunday Brunch was delicious with a wide variety to choose from. Cost $17.95 per person. We had to retire to the room early or go to the bar which is also the restaurant. We had a car and would have left in the evening, but because of limited parking you had to use the valet, which they charged you each time to park. There are no in room movies to rent. I would say this would be a great room for business travelers, but you have to pay for Wi-Fi. The room next to us ordered room service and their empty tray sat in the hall the whole time we were there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at this place several times between 2006-2011 when it was the Northland Inn and always had an enjoyable stay. Now as the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, it is even better than ever!

My wife and I did a couples package where we had a wonderful room on the 8th Floor with an incredible view facing south and east. We enjoyed the delightful chilled champagne and chocolates that were bought to our room after we checked in. Speaking of check in, our host who checked us in and out the next day, I believe her name was Shae, was very friendly and helpful, answering any questions we had, and providing us with complimentary toothbrush kits since we forgot our own.

The room itself was wonderful. Climite control worked perfect and the shower was ideal, water being the perfect temperature and pressure. We had two big screen TV's with HD, a great radio in the bedroom that was iPod compatible, refrigerator, coffee maker, Our king sized bed was very comfortable, providing us with a great night's sleep.

The breakfast is truly the BEST! Everything was fresh and delicious. Omelettes, made to order, were wonderful. Thao, our waiter, was quite a gentlemen and made sure our glasses were never empty. We would come back just for the breafkast alone.

We did find two box elders and an ant in the swimming pool area. Being Fall, the critters are trying to escape the cold I'm sure and that hotel management will be able to take care of this small issue with ease.

All in all, this hotel has become our favorite place to stay in the Twin Cities and we plan to stay here many more times. It is a great place to relax, unwind, and get away from it all.

Room Tip: 8th Floor rooms are wonderful and highly recommended. Browse online for great deals on packages like...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Bret S

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. I appreciate the detailed description of the room and our services. It is indeed rewarding to receive comments like this and especially regarding our Font Desk Host Shea. I will pass along your praise to her. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is the 1st all-suite Marriott I have stayed in and all the guestrooms and function rooms were completely remodeled in 2012. However, it's the service experience I appreciate since I travel extensively and stay at several hotels each year.
I also want to say the food in the hotel was very good and the staff was trained well.
Since I like a good fitness ctr. in a hotel I must rank this one as one of the best for Marriott.

Room Tip: Corner rooms
Green Features: They recycle cans, aluminum, glass, cardboard, and paper products, etc.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Richard S

Thank you for posting your impressions regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. We constantly receive positive feedback regarding our service and our all suite product which is unique among full service Marriott’s in the Twin Cities. Each of our Hosts strives to provide a personalized guest experience and we all appreciate the recognition from you, our guest, whom we serve. I thank you for choosing the Marriott Northwest and will look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.
Anoka, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had our annual fund raiser at the Marriott Northwest this year and it went off without a hitch! The staff was extremely accomodating & and over the top helpful. From the start, working with Ronda Barnes & Cathy Dunn, Catering Sales Manager, were such a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend working with these incredible ladies for any event. The food, the servie and the price were fantastic! We stayed the night in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was beautiful! Can't say enough about this place!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Scarlson55

Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent event. I appreciate you mentioning Cathy and Rhonda who work diligently to make sure every detail on every event is just perfect. I’m pleased you were highly satisfied with the event and I will certainly pass along your kind words of praise to them and the rest of the event staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Hammond, Indiana
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Minneapolis Marriott Northwest is a good place to stay for a reasonable price. The room was spacious - we had a two-room suite - with plush white pillows and two TV sets. Although it is close to the expressway, road noise was not at all a problem in higher floors (can't say if it's a problem in lower floors, though). With an expensive restaurant inside the hotel, there is no breakfast included in the price. In-room coffee and tea were good; with only two paper cups, you are limited to only two cups, however! The staff was professional and quite helpful. Fitness center is well equipped. I wish there were some fast food places and stores nearby - the hotel is isolated from in every direction. Overall, the value for the price is good.

Room Tip: A higher floor offers virtually no noise.
Green Features: The hotel strives to achieve - and succeeds, I might add - environmentally friendly service.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KG
Thank you for your review and the nice comments about our hotel. Regarding location I would like to point out for a future visit, the hotel does offer transportation to the Arbor Lakes Mall 3 miles from the hotel. Arbor Lakes offers such a wide variety of restaurants you could choose a new one each day and not eat at the same place twice in 30 days! Arbor Lakes also has three distinct shopping areas that combined have more retail than the Mall of America, including unique, independent stores, specialty chains and national brands, plus a wide variety of restaurants, and a top notch selection of personal and professional services including banking, financial, beauty and spa centers. I appreciate you choosing the Marriott Northwest and will look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!