Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
US$85
Priceline
US$192
US$179
All reviewsopen atriumliving roomthe concierge loungemaple grovegreat businessrooms are largebeautiful hotelsleeping areabusiness staynice amenitiesbed and pillowsbusiness travelercommon areaswi fihot tublobby areaconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2013

On business trips, I always stay at a Marriott Courtyard or "full Marriott" for consistency in offerings and Marriott points. This Marriott is one of, if not the best full-service Marriott's I have ever stayed in. The rooms are all suites, surrounding an open 8-story atrium. All new furnishings, very nice restaurant, coffee kiosk in the lobby, exercise room, indoor pool - you name it. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. Restaurant food was a notch above average hotel fare.

Room Tip: They are all the same! All suites.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear GeorgiaBill,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and your compliments. You are not alone in thinking our hotel is one of the best full service Marriot's you have stayed in as we are the number 1 full service Marriott as rated by our guests. And that's out of 333 hotels! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've been working with the staff at the Marriott Minneapolis Northwest for our corporate holiday party for 17 years and wouldn't consider hosting it anywhere else. The Catering Sales Managers oversee every detail leaving me to enjoy the evening with my 250-300 co-workers. The bartenders and waitstaff are professional and the food is always fantastic. Many from our group are from greater Minnesota and stay the weekend to take advantage of the hotel's great amenities and close proximity to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Peggy S

Thank you for taking time to share your impression of the Marriott NW with Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty for those17 years and we do realize if we didn't make it brilliant each time you were here you might not fell the way you do! I will pass your kind words onto our staff and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We use to go to this restaurant when it was the Northland Inn. They had amazing buffets food was fantastic and wonderful service. In November I attended a fund raiser dinner here. Granted, it was not in the restuarant itself, but a banquet room. That being said, I would guess the food comes out of the same kitchen as their restaurant. The food was not up to the standards of the Northland Inn, but it was average. The servers were friendly and gave good service. I had a similiar dish when I ate at the Northland Inn and the flavor was outstanding compared to the similar dish at the Marriott which was just average. I can't comment on the rooms as I only went for dinner.

Room Tip: I only had dinner there so can't comment on the hotel rooms or prices.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Valerie1950,

I'm disappointed to learn of your less than satisfactory experience. I apologize your food was not as good as you remember it from years past. Since our conversion to a Marriott almost 2 years ago our Wadsworth Restaurant has become the number 2 guest ranked restaurant for food and service quality of all full service Marriotts in North America. I hope you would give us another try as I'm certain your experience will be more favorable.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the second year we have stayed at the Marriott in Brooklyn Park, over Thanksgiving weekend (we have stayed other times throughout the year as well), and this year was even better than last. Our original draw was the larger rooms, but the service will keep us coming back. Thanksgiving evening I needed to go to the front desk about three times for different reasons. I was beginning to feel like a nuisance, but Beth was gracious and even apologetic to me! She was more than helpful each time, and went above and beyond. One stop was to purchase a deck of playing cards in their store, but they were out. About a half hour later Don, I believe from customer service, came to our door with a new deck! They made us feel like we were truly a guest, and not just a customer. Our son goes to school in the area, and he and some friends met us there for the Thanksgiving buffet. I mentioned to them that I thought their customer service was top notch, he said they had stopped at the front desk, and thought the same. Beth was exceptional, and she and Don represent Marriott well (everyone there was very friendly). The buffet was wonderful too, and Marriott will remain our tradition while our son is at school.

Room Tip: We have stayed several times, and often have two rooms. We have never had a bad one!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Chab7_13

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent visit. I appreciate your kind words about Beth and Don and I am pleased they were able to be of service to you. I'm also pleased that you continue to enjoy our property. We hope you will continue your visits during your son's years at school here in Minneapolis. I will be sure to pass along your praise to both Beth and Don and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The rooms were nice and connected to the indoor corridor. We were here for a convention that was done in the evening by 5:30. The restaurant staff were extremely slow to wait tables. However, the Sunday Brunch was delicious with a wide variety to choose from. Cost $17.95 per person. We had to retire to the room early or go to the bar which is also the restaurant. We had a car and would have left in the evening, but because of limited parking you had to use the valet, which they charged you each time to park. There are no in room movies to rent. I would say this would be a great room for business travelers, but you have to pay for Wi-Fi. The room next to us ordered room service and their empty tray sat in the hall the whole time we were there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family