Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
US$85
Priceline
US$192
US$179
All reviewsopen atriumliving roomthe concierge loungemaple grovegreat businessrooms are largebeautiful hotelsleeping areabusiness staynice amenitiesbed and pillowsbusiness travelercommon areaswi fihot tublobby areaconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is our 2nd stay at this Mariott. First of all the young lady at check in was excellent and assisted me with a request that I had made-I was very impressed by her professionalism.
The suite room was very nice-it has a separate sitting area with pull out bed and a small refrigerator. Bed had very nice linens and was very comfortable-extra pillows requested at reservation were there as promised. The room is very quiet-we hardly heard any noise from
any surrounding room the whole time we were there. Very nice glass enclosed shower. We love the lobby and surrounding area-it is so roomy with several tv's and many places to sit and relax. The pool and hottub is small but it is nice that they do have one. Sunday morning we had the brunch buffet at Wadsworth restauarant which was excellent--made to order omelettes, french toast, pecan bacon, sausage, potatoes, yogurt with fresh berries, homemade granola....... Nice hotel for a relaxing night away

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear MinneapolisMan,

I appreciate you taking time to post such a nice comment on Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your Valentines Day get away as much as you did relaxing at the Marriott Northwest. Thank you for mentioning our reception desk host, the professional service you received and for staying with us. We hope you will join us again the next time you need a little relaxation time.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I go to leave and my car would not start. I asked if they could jump start my car and they (unlike every other hotel) would not help. When a different desk clerk spoke with the woman I originally spoke with they then offered me use of a low powered booster pack. When it failed to turn over my car, the guy who was then there said "well it starts our van"; what does that have to do with my car? The female clerks were wonderful and courteous which the guy was all but.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank much2funjj
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear much2funjj,

I apologize that you were not satisfied with the booster pack that was available for your use. When your battery is dead it is indeed frustrating and it was unfortunate the booster did not work for you. I'm sorry you perceived our staff member as unhelpful. They were trying to do the best they could to assist you.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was booked at this hotel through a corporate account and was truly pleased with everything about this location. I understand it's been newly renovated and everything is lovely. This is a hotel where all of the doors face an inner atrium 6 or so stories high. In the center there is lovely working/lounging spaces, a coffee 'bar' and a nice fireplace. I had a king suite and it was truly 2 separate rooms with a lovely bathroom in between. I had a chance to eat at the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner, and it was a great upscale selection of foods. The restaurant doubles as the hotel bar in the evening, and that was a nice spot to unwind as well. I also used the complimentary shuttle to go to my business meeting and it was convenient and comfortable. (well as comfortable as you can get for -35 degrees) I stayed in room 408 and would highly recommend this location if your travels bring you this way!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Steamco

Thanks for your comments on our Trip Advisor page. We appreciate the time you took to post detailed information about your stay with us while traveling on business. It's always nice to receive input from Senior Contributors. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I loved staying here! One thing I really wanted was a true "suite", not a fold out couch in the same room as the king bed, and I definitely got what I wanted! Two gorgeous separate rooms, one with the fold out couch, tv and several chairs, a small hallway with bath, and the king bed in a separate room with a door. I was staying with my parents and we both wanted our privacy and quiet, and this was perfect. The hotel is gorgeous to look at, all rooms have open halls or balconies that look down on a very nice central courtyard. It was so pretty to look at! Breakfast was wonderful, I got a deal through AAA for 2 free breakfasts plus the room, and we took advantage of that (the breakfast would have cost 18.00 each otherwise!) So many choices in the breakfast, it was nice. My only complaint in all of it would be the noise levels from the courtyard at night, since people sat there and were probably in the bar, and it got a bit loud, also doors were slamming sometimes - this was much more audible because of the design of the hotel. I'd say bring ear plugs just in case. Other than this, if you are sleeping on the king bed you'll be fine, I was on the fold out couch and could hear the courtyard area. But this was such a beautiful place I hated to leave!

Room Tip: Not much to do about the courtyard noise, but you might want to request a room with a nice view of the city, we could see the freeway and city lights at night from the room with the king bed and it was quite pretty.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear MinnAngel,

Thank you for your heavenly review! We appreciate you taking time to provide your feedback. Regarding occasional noise from atrium the door between the bedroom and the living area can be closed making you more insulated and thus you have less chance of being disturbed. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel has been newly decorated and looks nice. My first night was spent freezing cause the heat wouldn't go about 59 degrees. They fixed the heat and it worked good the rest of my week long stay. The restaurant isn't the greatest. Prices are expensive for the quality of what you get! I wouldn't eat there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear cclakeman,

Thank you for your posting and for staying with us for a week! Please accept my apology for the ill-functioning heating unit in your room. I'm glad to we were able to correct the problem quickly. In regards to the restaurant I am sorry that you didn't perceive a price value relationship. Our restaurant is rated by our guests as the #2 full service Marriott for food and service. I would hope that you would visit us again and on that future stay the food quality will be more suitable.