“Clean, efficient Lodging”

Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Typical good Marriott service coupled with clean modern furnishings. Concierge lounge is spacious and service is friendly and courteous. Meeting space was well organized and well maintained. Restaurant food was tasty but not special. Very friendly staff made this a pleasant stay. Didn't use the Fitness Center so no comments.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear acoulter,

I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit to the number 1 guest rated Marriott in North America for 2013. Our restaurant was rated in the top 5 of all Marriott full service restaurants as well. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Attentive staff,easy check in. The suites are comfortable although decor seemed a little "dark" to me. Free Wifi would have made it better. Request higher floors to get away from bar/lobby noise. The bar itself was rather dirty and smelled like fish. We didn't stay. We were there for a wedding and were quite impressed with catering staff and great entrees/service. They handle events perfectly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Corina B,

Thank you for you comments regarding our attentive staff. I'm sorry you felt our décor was dark. We actually receive many comments on the brightness of our new red, yellow and green décor. I hope you weren't disturbed by noise during your visit. While there can occasionally be noise from the lobby as we are an atrium style hotel, previous Trip Advisor comments have noted the hallway and door between the living area and bedroom in each guest room prevents any noise from disturbing your sleep. I'm also sorry you felt our bar area was not up to your standards. I should mention our guest driven rankings puts our bar in the top 5 of all full service Marriotts. Overall I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The staff is nice. Everything in the hotel seems brand new. Great place to stay if you have business on the north side of town. Plenty of room to stretch out with all rooms being suites, and the food is good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear teCh0010

Thank you for your comments regarding the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. I'm glad you found the hotel spacious and the food good. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed one night for a Century 21 Awards Banquet. Everything was great! The food and service at our awards dinner was very good. Room was nice and hotel has been updated. I wish they offered free wi-fi in the rooms like most other hotels do.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Lorna J

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay and the Century 21 Awards Banquet. We have received a number of great comments about the event and the food that night. This banquet has taken place here consecutively for a few years now. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to hosting you again next year!.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here at the end of November 2013. I needed to be in this part of town, so location was ideal. I had also read all the raves of this place. Check-in was a little slow. The agent proceeded to tell me about how great the place has been rated, but then forgot something (I think a breakfast coupon). Anyways, the room was fantastic. It's obvious this was renovated/refurbished very nicely by Marriott - bed was nice and firm, too (a plus). Housekeeping service was ok. I noticed some spots (ie. bathroom) weren't cleaned as well as others. Restaurant and bar were also very good.
Again, I'd clearly rate the hotel/service as Very Good, but I'm still a long ways away from offering up a 5th star. I'll save this for others. Anyways, if I have the need to be in this part of town again, I'll definitely be back - which is all that really matters. Cheers!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear bk_t1

Thank you for your recent review and for selecting our hotel. Despite some spots, it sounds as if you enjoyed the hotel and as you said what "really matters" is that you would "definitely be back" which is awesome! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is our 2nd stay at this Mariott. First of all the young lady at check in was excellent and assisted me with a request that I had made-I was very impressed by her professionalism.
The suite room was very nice-it has a separate sitting area with pull out bed and a small refrigerator. Bed had very nice linens and was very comfortable-extra pillows requested at reservation were there as promised. The room is very quiet-we hardly heard any noise from
any surrounding room the whole time we were there. Very nice glass enclosed shower. We love the lobby and surrounding area-it is so roomy with several tv's and many places to sit and relax. The pool and hottub is small but it is nice that they do have one. Sunday morning we had the brunch buffet at Wadsworth restauarant which was excellent--made to order omelettes, french toast, pecan bacon, sausage, potatoes, yogurt with fresh berries, homemade granola....... Nice hotel for a relaxing night away

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MinneapolisMan,

I appreciate you taking time to post such a nice comment on Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your Valentines Day get away as much as you did relaxing at the Marriott Northwest. Thank you for mentioning our reception desk host, the professional service you received and for staying with us. We hope you will join us again the next time you need a little relaxation time.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I go to leave and my car would not start. I asked if they could jump start my car and they (unlike every other hotel) would not help. When a different desk clerk spoke with the woman I originally spoke with they then offered me use of a low powered booster pack. When it failed to turn over my car, the guy who was then there said "well it starts our van"; what does that have to do with my car? The female clerks were wonderful and courteous which the guy was all but.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank much2funjj
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear much2funjj,

I apologize that you were not satisfied with the booster pack that was available for your use. When your battery is dead it is indeed frustrating and it was unfortunate the booster did not work for you. I'm sorry you perceived our staff member as unhelpful. They were trying to do the best they could to assist you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!