Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$88
Priceline
US$192
US$179
Priceline
All reviewsopen atriumliving roomthe concierge loungemaple grovegreat businessrooms are largebeautiful hotelsleeping areabusiness staynice amenitiesbed and pillowsbusiness travelercommon areaswi fihot tublobby areaconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I loved this hotel. Its an old Embassy suites with the double layout rooms, a bedroom on one side and a living room on the other with a pull out sofa. As a kid we used to rent these rooms and sleep 6, sometimes 8.... Lol. But I was down for a hockey tournament and our team booked here. The staff at the front desk are very helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bed had 4 pillows on each bed with comfortable linens. Lots of towels and great water pressure in the shower. There is a bar fridge for your convenience and a tv in the living room and bedroom. The separation of living room and bedroom makes the living room a great meeting place for your friends, so your friends dont have to see your underwear on the floor. lol.

I was disappointed in the room service on Saturday, the housekeeping came to my door around 1030 and we were still in the room, I asked her to come back at 2 (our next hockey game) but she never came back.

The food in the restaurant was very good. We had ceasar salad, the soup, and the pizza. All were above average for quality, and above average for price. Great service.

There was a complimentary breakfast each morning in the meeting room, not like the old days at Embassy Suites that for sure, massive breakfast with Chefs cooking and the happy hour. But the typical eggs, sausage fruit etc. No complaints except for the blonde elderly lady asking for breakfast tickets, she was a bit on the tough side for people who forgot their tickets. One guy who forgot his tickets and is on our team just wanted to get a coffee and she shooed him away. He was pretty pissed, as anyone would be. For gods sake, coffee is not that expensive. And she should realize she is in the service industry.

The pool and workout rooms were very clean.

I loved the atmosphere, you could look over the balcony and enjoy the action....

Room Tip: Higher floors add to better views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear TAdvisorBuff,

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and our restaurant. The hotel was never an Embassy Suites although it was designed with the same atrium and all suite concept. We look forward to Thunder Bay's next visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Was in Minnesota for a convention. Was worried it might be too noisy at night as there was a hockey convention going on but that was not a problem. Check-in and check-out was the worst. They did not have enough carts. It took 1 1/2 hours to get a cart to unload my car. At check-out just decided to make 4 trips instead of waiting as it was the same situation. The restaurant had a limited menu and not child friendly. The drinks were very expensive. The room at a glance looked clean but after further inspection the floor had candy wrappers on it and we had not eaten any candy. Paying for internet really did not make me happy either. As for the elevators they seemed to take a very long time but that could have been for other reasons. Just not what I really expected for the price I paid. On check-out staff did not seem to care.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chris L,

I was so disappointed to read your comments as your experience here was so inconsistent with our typical guest feedback, being we are rated the #1 Marriott in North America! I certainly apologize we were experiencing a busy period with your group in house and none of our 6 carts were available to you. For your future reference we always have a bellman on duty who would be pleased to provide assistance to you. Regarding the restaurant; again my apologies for your impression as we not only have an expanded menu over most Marriott restaurants, but also a special children's menu. In fact our restaurant was also rated as one of the top Marriott restaurants by our guests. In the end it appears you did not perceive value for what you paid. I wish we could have worked harder to change your perception and earned a more favorable review.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Rooms are all suites and are well appointed. Unfortunately the concierge lounge is not available on weekends so we were disappointed. The person at check in gave us vouchers for appetizers and breakfast. The drinks at the restaraunt were terrible but the breakfast the next morning was very nice. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stiehl
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Each room is a suite with a separate bedroom and another living area with pull-out. 2 televisions, small fridge, great walk in shower. Clean, comfortable. All rooms open to an 8 level atrium. Staff could not have been more attentive. They called to see how things were 15 minutes after check in and also sent a follow up e-mail about how the stay was. This is how every service orientated business should act.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear pbirdie3,

Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us. I appreciate your recognition of our service levels as we pride ourselves in being the number 1 Marriott as ranked by our guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I made the reservation a day before I checked-in. We encountered some issues during our road trip. I redeemed 10000 points for this hotel and it was totally worth it. You barely get a quality hotel like this in a low price. It's a few miles from the city of Minneapolis, if you drive, it's very accessible. The parking is also free.
The room is pretty big, and it fits four people. Even the standard room has the suite with it, so you get a living room with couch and TV. The hotel is warm and clean, nice to stay over the winter. If you are camping or on the way of it, having a stopover at this hotel is totally the right choice. Pizza delivery can be ordered by phone or website even in the late night (Not the hotel pizza). The lobby has free-wifi. I'll surely have another stay if i ever go to Minnesota by chance

Room Tip: if you can get upgrade that will be good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and for staying with us.We pride ourselves in being the number 1 Marriott as ranked by our guests. We look forward to your next visit.