“Nice hotel 20 minutes away from Minneapolis”

Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We love staying at Marriott properties and this hotel is a wonderful place to stay. This Marriott property is located about 15 miles northwest of Minneapolis and is an easy drive to and from the city and its sights like the Mall of America and downtown. The hotel itself has eight floors of spacious rooms, small interior pool and spa, restaurant. It appears to be primarily designed for the business traveler but is a nice location just off the highway for anyone wishing comfortable and clean accommodations. While we were there during the weekend there were two weddings, a college reunion, and youth hockey teams playing at a nearby rink. This hotel was able to accommodate all of them as well as many business and vacationers. The restaurant offers a breakfast buffet and a la carte selections - a bit on the pricey side, but the food is served hot and delicious. The wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. We did not have any other meals at the hotel. There is also a breakfast bar during the weekdays where we purchased coffee and bagels on one of the days.

The rooms are spacious with a good sized living room with coffee maker, small fridge, sofa, chairs and large TV. The bedroom had a very comfortable king size, adequate dresser, and large TV. Bathroom was very clean and neat with the usual amenities but only had a shower, no bathtub.

We did not encounter many of the staff members but on the few times we did meet them they were very friendly and professional.

Spacious parking area.

If you want to stay close to Minneapolis but not within the city this is a very nice property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Minneapolis Marriott Northwest

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We are regular Marriott travelers. This is a new property for us, I will go a bit out of my way if necessary to stay here again. Easily found, conveniently located for our trip and a wonderful hotel. Staff was very accomodating and the hotel is in great condition.

Room Tip: All quite nice
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Doug A

Thank you for taking time to review and post your impressions of the Minneapolis Marriott. Northwest. I appreciate your kind words and recognition of the service excellence we strive for with each of our guests. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I recently spent a week at this property and it is one of my very favorite places to stay when I travel. I usually spend about 20+ weeks on the road so it is nice to stay at a place you really enjoy and the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest quickly moved to near the top of my list of favorite places. All the rooms are two room suites with good-sized bathrooms and all have a wonderful area when you first walk in to relax, read or watch TV. Beds are comfortable as well. I might add that the hotel has a very nice concierge lounge with plenty of drinks and snacks. I would make one recommendation. If you are troubled by highway noise I would request a room on either of the two sides of the property and not on the side facing the interstate which runs behind the hotel. Also, the property is quite near a wide array of restaurants and you won't have to worry about choices. There are plenty to choose from. I give this property a big thumbs up!

Room Tip: Choose one away from the interstate than runs behind the hotel. It can bother some people.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is all suite and thus it's like getting 2 rooms for the price of one. The living area has a pull out sofa and the bedroom has a door between the living area so you can "share" one of these rooms with kids or even a business companion and have privacy. Room service is a nice feature when you need to get some work done without having to be limited to a microwave meal. The breakfast buffet is very extensive featuring anything you can imagine from healthy to indulgent. The free shuttle can take you to work or shopping at nearby Arbor Lakes. It all here...amenities, great accommodations, friendly service and easy access to 694. What's not to like!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had always been curious about this hotel chain but had never stayed in one due to the higher costs than local competitors. Having had a good month and wanting a little relaxation/mental vacation from home, I decided to try it out.

It's all about bang for the buck: $199 for King size suite for the night, plus $14 ADD ON for high-speed internet service in the room and no breakfast in morning except in restaurant for $14-18 minimum plus any drinks. Seriously? For a simple breakfast? I looked at the menu prices and left. You left your guest hungry in the morning, bad move, so now you get a review online. The room/suite was nice, but not noticeably better than less expensive local competitors I've stayed in for half the cost, which included free wi-fi and a light continental breakfast.

The verdict: Neither the location nor the amenities in the room justified the higher cost for this chain, the add on charge for internet was a shock given the room price, and a lack of reasonable breakfast options are an insult. I had never stayed at a Marriott before and I never will again. I'm going back to less expensive comparable hotels.

Room Tip: Sound travels up and echoes from the middle of the open air hotel architecture, so get a room on the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Minnesotaman84,

I see you are new to Trip Advisor and I'm sorry your first visit to a full service Marriott Hotel was not what you expected.The majority of our guests enjoy the additional services we provide and understand full service hotels don't offer complementary services such as breakfast. It's disappointing to me that as result of your perception of what we should offer, we received such a poor overall rating from you. Everyone has their own view of the price value relationship when they travel and we apparently didn't live up to yours, which is unfortunate.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked several rooms here for a long weekend family reunion in mid-July. I can't say enough about the quality of the rooms and friendliness of the staff. We were coming and going at all hours and never had any issues with our multiple requests. The restaurant was a little short handed on Saturday morning, but the two ladies on duty really hustled and got everyone taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. We'll continue to stay here on future trips to the Twin Cities.

Room Tip: I like higher floors in atrium hotels as it keeps the lobby hubbub to a minimum.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here in July a couple times, and it is a good full service Marriott. One of the things I like about all rooms being suites is having a refrigerator, so I am not forced to eat out all the time. There is plenty of room to spread out. The Concierge Lounge is good, providing a selection of breakfast items to fit anyone's taste. The only downside is the proximity to 694, which on my last stay was noticeable.

Room Tip: Higher floor will lower the impact of highway noise otherwise ask for rooms that don't end in -0...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!