“Can I give negative stars?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brooklyn Park
Budget Host Inn - Brooklyn Park
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Can I give negative stars?”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I got anon smoking room that had cigarette burns AND ashes IN the sheets. I had to shake them out myself. Also dirt in the sheets. Oh, and the toilet was overflowed so I could not use it at all. I called the front desk numerous times but no one answered. THUS PLACE IS AWFUL. I hope I don't get scabies.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Bathroom dirty, tv did not work, microwave had mold growing in it, bath towels had holes in them, drawers had visible dirt in them, door had air leaks so the sunlight came through, room was noisy-whenever a tenant turned on a shower the room sounded like a water main had just broken, no clock, outside noises came right through the walls, rusty stairways, water pipes had a delay, room was not cleaned after first day. No one was in the office to talk to, or even to tell that I will never frequent a Budget Host Inn ever again. Sunk to a new low!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn Park hotels

brooklyn center
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I am sorry I have stayed at some motels from minnesota to texas, I have to say that I am from minnesota some of my favorite hotel are in texas and I haven't been to one here in minnesota that I have liked, I was told the same thing about the "suite" but I paid far less and in the same kinda circumstance there were no other hotels available, due to vikings and twins games and I have to say that for a grungy little motel off a dark road this motel was actually nice I would come back here again especially for a weekend getaway for me and my husband, in fact our 1 year anniversery is comming up oct 3rd and I think that, we are going to stay in the BUDGET HOST!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jamieyedgar
joplin
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I travel nine to ten months out of the year and stay in motels and this was one of if not the worst i have ever stayed in. I payed for a week and couldn't even make it that long before packing and moving to a different place. I recommend you don't bother wasting your time with this place.

• Liked — not one thing.
  • Disliked — how dirty the room was.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edmonton
Reviewed 12 July 2008

While on a road trip from Edmonton to Chicago, we had the (mis)fortune to come across this property whilst in a search for over-night lodging. We had just driven over 700 miles that day & found that most rooms in the Minneapolis area were booked due to an antique car convention. My wife was sufffering from a migraine & we just wanted a room to rest up overnight.

We were told at check-in that there were no more rooms available except for their "suite" that came with a jacuzzi tub. They also were closing for the night (it was about 9:30 pm.)

We took the room only to find there was no parking close to the room, meaning I had to carry our luggage across the parking lot to the room.

The room had a king-sized bed, a small table & a small counter with a coffe maker & sink. A TV was on a table close to the door.

The rug had some unidentifiable stains, the bed sheets were stained, the ash tray on the counter was dirty, there were mirrors on the wall mounted at the 4' level, and the lighting was so dim it was hard to use the tv remote.

All this for only $110 per night!

As we were in no position to argue or to find another hotel, we stayed the night & were on the road again by 7 am.

As this was the first night in the US, we erroneously thought this was par for the course in this part of the country.

Subsequent hotels we stayed at averaged less than $60 per night and included such amenities as CLEAN sheets, free breakfasts, and free internet use, not to mention the fact that these other hotels made us feel welcome and were happy to have us stay.

• Liked — It had a room available
  • Disliked — Cleanliness & Atmosphere
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Blacker2008
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North

Been to Budget Host Inn - Brooklyn Park? Share your experiences!