“The wings were great, but the salads weren't so great.”

Mad Jacks Sports Cafe
Ranked #13 of 56 Restaurants in Brooklyn Park
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Minneapolis area
“The wings were great, but the salads weren't so great.”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We ate at Mad Jack's last night. This included my 14 yr old son, my husband & myself. We don't have a lot of restaurants to choose from in Brooklyn Park, but this has always been a favorite of ours.
They have small TV's in most booths & my teenager & I love to tune into something while we are there. But last night they didn't have any of those booths available, unfortunately.
My son ordered the wings appetizer, which was on special due to a football game being televised. He had the dry rub preparation and it was wonderful. Our server said this method of prep was her favorite, so we went with that and we were happy that we did.
My son & I decided to split the fettuccine alfredo. We both liked it, as we often do.
I ordered a sided salad to go with my half of the meal and I was sorely disappointed. When it arrived it had a few mixed greens with large chunks of iceberg lettuce. There was one slice of cucumber and one slice of tomato. The eye appeal was awful and the taste was also awful. I felt like I was being punished with such a boring and lacking side salad. I mentioned this to the waitress and she brought out a wonderful variety of shredded carrots & red cabbage (which I thought should have been in the original salad to give it some appeal), chopped green onions and red onion slices. This made the side salad wonderful. Our waitress was very helpful and punctual.
My husband ordered the Greek salad and liked what was in it and how it looked, but he said it was very salty. Of course the olives and feta cheese would add some salt, but the dressing was overly salty, unfortunately.
We both would have liked some bread or cracker choices with our salad.
We asked our waitress about the sparseness of the salad and her comment was cute "I guess that's all you get for a $2.00 salad."
We will return again, but we sure hope they start paying a little more attention to their salads.

• Visited January 2012

50onthego
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere....Service...not so much”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I went here three weeks ago with friends. Our visit was based on my recommendation. The food was excellent as usual. However, after our food was served, we never saw our waitress again. We all wanted another beverage but could not get her attention no matter how hard we tried. We went 2 HOURS without a server. My friends are much more polite than I am. Had I been there with my husband, we would have gotten a manager to request a server.

Last night, my husband and I visited again. I ordered toast with my salad. The toast finally arrived when I was nearly done with my salad despite being assured three times that it was "on its way." My husband planned on ordering the Cuban sandwich, however, based on a rave review from our waitress, he took her advice and ordered Cuban toppings on a burger. He was served some sort of chicken sandwich.

So good food, great atmosphere....but the service is definitely iffy.

• Visited January 2012
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Great bar in a unlikley location.”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Not the best part of town but this Bar is a really good hangout with some great deals and food. They also have a really cool outdoor area to smoke, drink and stay warm under a Hockey Rink sized heater! Your hair almost starts on fire it's so nice and toast. Very good for a cold MN winter. The indoor of the resturant looks very nice and has been updated over the years. The Apps and food are also good. Can't go wrong with Mad Jacks!

• Visited October 2011
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Great service, great food.”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I brought our two young kids out for an early dinner. The staff was very accommodating to a young family, and the food was great!

• Visited January 2011
Hutchinson Island, Florida
“A great place for food, drinks and entertainment”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and I are regular patrons of Mad Jacks. They offer a great menu selection at reasonable rates. Great happy hour offers. Entertainment includes karaoke on Saturdays, bar poker on Sundays, magicians, live music and much more. Service from the staff is always top notch.

• Visited July 2011