“Delicious and Affordable”

Description: Best asian buffet in the Twin Cities
New Hope, Minnesota
“Delicious and Affordable”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Ate at Ocean Buffet with business associates. There is a wide selection of authentic (like chicken feet) and Americanized Chinese foods. They have 6 separate buffet tables; one for salads and a wide variety of fruits, two for really authentic stuff and three for stuff like coconut shrimp (very good), sweet and sour chicken, rice, spare ribs, and wontons. Overall I was impressed by the selection and affordability of the buffet meal. We fed five people for $40. I'm lucky this place is so close to work!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Knutey1111

Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Lots of Seafood for a Chinese Buffet!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

But a lot of the containers of food were almost empty when we dined around 6 pm. What was there was very tasty though. And the price is right - less than ten dollars for each of us.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank gfgramma
“THE WORSE SERVICE EVER!”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Rude waitress. Horrible service. My sister wasn't there when the waitress first took drink orders and when my sister asked for a sprite, the waitress said NO. They charged some of the waters as pop, never refilled our drinks or pick up the plates. The waitress was rude and continuously gave us attitude. Never going back.

4 Thank amycdt
“Ocean Buffet in Brooklyn Center Not Brooklyn Park”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My family really enjoyed the Ocean Buffet for dinner. The price was reasonable (especially if you stick with ice water), most of the food was fresh (the desserts had been sitting a while). The service was also very good. They were quick to take your plate when you left the table to go for "another round."

Buffets sort of gross me out at times. I don't like everyone handling the same spoons, and digging into the food. However, the people working there seemed conscientious about keeping it clean and tidy. The bathrooms were also very clean (which can be an indicator of over-all cleanliness).

I enjoyed the spicy chicken, egg foo young, and spring rolls. They had lots, and lots of fresh fruit on hand for dessert. I REALLY liked that part of the buffet. Some of the seafood was a bit over fried. However, as Asian buffets go, this was, for the most part, very good. I know my family will be returning.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank annieglory
Dallas Center, Iowa
“Best Asian Seafood Buffet in the Twin Cities”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

You would never guess this restaurant on the corner of Shingle Creek Parkway and Bass Lake Road has an amazing buffet. The parking lot is always full and it is certainly understandable. The food is unbelievable, and you have a choice of American, Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese quisine. Unlike many asian buffets that offer buffets, the Ocean Buffet is stupendous. The food well prepared, and the selection - second to none.

My wife and I enjoy Asian quisine and happened upon this place by accident. We were in the area, and hungry and I saw the crowded parking lot, so we went in. We were very surprised to see the place was nearly packed with plenty of Asian American's eating there. That was a good sign for us. We have since visited it twice, until bariatric surgery has limited our food intake.

• Visited November 2011