“Bad Service”

Description: Best asian buffet in the Twin Cities
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I'm never ever going back again because of the bad service we received today!! There was a bad waitress who hoovered over my husband while he signed the receipt and saw that my husband did not put a tip on it and snap at my husband in bad English something about we need to add a tip because one was not applied. That's kind of obnoxious. We usually tip with cash so I thought it was rude and unprofessional for her to be asking for a tip on the receipt. Plus it's a buffet, some people tip and some don't especially when service was not even good. It wasn't like she did a whole lot anyway. She filled one person's water twice and cleared a few plates. I mean it was a pretty slow day and we did not even eat a lot because the food wasn't that great. Despite the rude experience, we still left a tip. Never going back and advising all my friends and family to not go as well. You can't do that. Not cool!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Ellen T

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“food cold”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

due to very cold weather, crowd down, food sat long time, not even hot, but cold....

$6.45 buffet with coupon, charged $7.25, seems excessive?

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank spalmberg
mpls
“This is by far the worst buffet in Minnesota! !”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

All the food was gross.all the pans were empty.total waste of money.I complained to server and her response was come during dinner.Soon as I left me and my wife had stomach pains.Would never eat there again!!!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank minnest
Huntington Beach, California
“Good food at a very reasonable price”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

While staying in Brooklyn Center, I passed by this restaurant. After shopping, I stopped and asked if I could take a look at the buffet before I committed. It has a really large selection of food: your typical Chinese buffet classics--chow mein, sweet and sour something, veggies, blah blah blah...but what really got me hooked was the selection of dim sum items they had, the Pho station for anyone who likes Vietnamese food, and the sushi station. (not just your typical California roll and shrimp on rice) they had plenty of different selections to choose from. Now, in all fairness, some of the fish they used did look questionable so I did not try them all, but I did have the inari with masago (tofu skin with rice and smelt eggs) which was really good, and shrimp tempura roll that wasn't dried out and hard like many places. There were plenty of salads, fresh fruits and desserts as well and I was stuffed by the end of the meal. I really enjoyed this place and would recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank hbgirl-forever
New Hope, Minnesota
“Delicious and Affordable”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Ate at Ocean Buffet with business associates. There is a wide selection of authentic (like chicken feet) and Americanized Chinese foods. They have 6 separate buffet tables; one for salads and a wide variety of fruits, two for really authentic stuff and three for stuff like coconut shrimp (very good), sweet and sour chicken, rice, spare ribs, and wontons. Overall I was impressed by the selection and affordability of the buffet meal. We fed five people for $40. I'm lucky this place is so close to work!

• Visited August 2013