“Convenient Location Off Freeway”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I needed a "pit stop" and found this hotel right off the freeway with excellent signage. It is your basic hotel with no "bells and whistles" but the room was clean and staff was friendly. It is a pet friendly hotel so do not be alarmed by the dogs in the hallways. The fitness center was lacking equipment but I did see a boxed treadmill in the hallway which I assume was soon to be added to the other stationary equipment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is more in-line with a motel than a hotel. Most, if not all, of the first floor was being renovated so maneuvering through that floor was annoying. Our room smelled musty. The sink was next to the beds and had rings around the drain hole. There was no tub. And, not that it mattered, but the TV was a Sanyo. I'm not sure why LQ allows for such quality variance among its hotels even though the prices are generally close. Don't stay at this one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ason04
Reviewed 24 March 2014

rooms are comfy, staff were very nice and helpful if you need something all you have to do is ask and they really care for there guests. Location was close to everything. I was able to bring my dog with and the front desk staff person was even very friendly to her and the dog area was right outside the side door so I didn't have to far of a walk which was nice. Breakfast was great I had alot to choose from. I will be coming back to this hotel again!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

just spent 4 nights at LQ everything was great.....the only thing I could find to say is the pillows could be better...........easy to get to and very friendly front desk and cleaning persons we didn't use the pool so cant comment on that

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel staff is great. From making the reservation to check in and then ofcoarse the easy checkout. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is willing to help you in any way possible from recommending a place to eat near by to getting you extra towels when you need them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank robertwM25FI
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We usually have a good experience with La Quinta, but not this time. This hotel does not meet the same quality standards that I am used to with LQ stays all over the Midwest.

For some reason the blankets and sheets are different then other hotels.. more like the cheap Hotel 6 style. Others I have stayed at had really nice blankets and sheets.. and those were really thin and cheap.. definitely not up to the same standard. Rooms were not very clean, and the hallways and elevator had an older odor to them, but the rooms did not.

We arrived around supper, and the only person on staff was not very helpful, sitting behind the small wall on a computer all evening, not paying attention to his job. We requested a cab to be called... and after waiting 45 min.. asking if it was called we finally left in the car. This really has more to do with the staff than the hotel itself but I will never be back to this hotel again.

Due to this experience I will have to question my stays going forward.. will definitely go check out the rooms before I stay at another one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We usually have a good experience with La Quinta, but not this time. We redeemed our points for the room but the front desk clerk wanted an additional payment. He was not courteous and required that I actually find my reservation on the computer in the lobby. Eventually he let us check in without extra payment. After that delay, we were given a small room that had a shower that would just not heat up. When we tried the hot tub, it was not barely warmer than the air temperature. We expected more from La Quinta, but were sorely disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!