Old Bahama Bay
US$193
US$121
US$293
US$140
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$136
US$210
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
All reviewsno see umsminute drivewasher dryerbeautiful resortbeach activitiescracked conchrented a carwest palm beachgrouperocean frontfitness centerfull kitchennice beachmarina stafftikifishingkitchenette
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I recently spent one night n a room at Old Bahama Bay while the boat was tied up in the marina. The room was excellent. I stayed on one of the marina rooms but it was at the far end so we actually had the beach out the back window as well.

Let me say i was impressed with the room. It was exceptionally clean, the a/c worked well and quietly and the bathroom was just short of spectacular. For $200+tx per night, we definitely got what we paid for. The restaurant has definitely improved as well, although service is still amusingly slow (well, its so slow you have to laugh or you would get angry), the food was much better than in recent trips. Hopefully it wasn't just a lucky night.

The marina portion is still lagging behind. The electrical posts are unreliable and the marina bathrooms still need care. Some improvement has been made in that area, but there is still much room to go. In fact, that was the one thing that stands out as way below standards.

The staff hasn't changed dramatically (which is good) but they have stepped up in recent trips. The dock crew hustles as much as any in the Bahamas (and most here in the States).

I visit OBB several times a year and have rated them at least twice in the last few years. It is nice to see them addressing their weaknesses and improving.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Resort_Team, Manager at Old Bahama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your noting that the restaurant has improved! As you noted, we have also made some improvements in the marina, and we agree, it is an on-going process. We have no doubt that the next time you visit Old Bahama Bay, you will see even more positive changes!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We've stayed at OBB twice before and had a great experience. However, this past stay (our third) was very disappointing. There was a small wedding going on and so they closed the Tiki area where we wanted to have a drink and early dinner; however, they closed it for the wedding party which probably consisted of 15-20 people. They ran out of pool towels (and it was not crowded) so we ran back to our condo to use those towels. However, we had no towels in our condo and I had to call 3 times and wait several hours for them. So, our choices were to freeze in the a/c since we were wet or get eaten alive outside by mosquitos. Also, the marina restaurant was once again a big disappointment (that is why we wanted to eat in the tiki bar). We waited 1.5 hours for food that was not good. My son's fettuccini alfredeo was actually repulsive and he could not eat it. The rest of us had fish which was ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sofiadef

Thank you for your return visit to Old Bahama Bay. We are sorry to hear this visit did not match the experience of your past visits. Please be assured we have discussed your review with the restaurant staff and we are determined to improve in that area. Please note that Teaser’s was not closed for the wedding, it is not normally open for dinner service, although we are rethinking that policy as well. We certainly do hope this experience will not deter you from visiting Old Bahama Bay again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I visited as a part of a Management Meeting with his Company. From the minute we arrived to the sad moment our time was over, the staff, resort and scenery overwhelmed us. I cannot say enough good about the staff. Everyone is friendly, considerate and over accommodating. The rooms were especially nice. Large, clean and comfortable. The view, well I'm not certain I've seen anything as beautiful as the view from our balcony. Completely breath taking.

Because it is at the West End, it is a bit of a trek to shopping and restaurants. However, you do get to see a great deal of the island on the way and with good conversation with your driver, you're there in no time.

All of the food we experienced was fantastic. It was January so the weather was a little on the cool side, which we were completely fine with. It also, worked to our benefit because it seemed as if it may have been a slower season for them. This enabled the staff to completely dote over us and make our experience that more relaxing and enjoyable.

I would recommend this resort to anyone who just wanted to relax, enjoy great food, great service and the most beautiful scenery ever.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Resort_Team, Manager at Old Bahama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We are truly delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your visit to Old Bahama Bay and can’t wait to show your review to the staff. If you come back during our busy summer season, we promise, you will still be doted on! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I absolutely loved the room, very clean and spacious. The view from the room was breathtaking. Food was Great, service was a bit slow but like everyone says, "we are all on island time". The staff was very friendly and our driver Ronnie was fantastic and very patient with us. We plan on returning soon so we asked him lots of questions on where to go and what to do.
Overall great experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view is definitely worth it, although all the rooms looked as though they had some sort of view of the water.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Resort_Team, Manager at Old Bahama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

What a lovely review – thank you so much for your kind words, and, of course, for your visit to Old Bahama Bay. We are just thrilled that you are planning to return to us soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been to "Old Bahama Bay" about 7 times over the last few years, mainly because of the location, just a 2 hour boat ride from Jupiter. I have always found the resort to be very
clean and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The Bahamian people are one of the reasons why I love the Bahamas so much. The crystal clear water and the endless white sand beaches are awesome, but it is the Bahamian people that truly make this place magical. They
treat you like "old friends". I have been to a few places in the Bahamas, but the staff at Old Bahama Bay have been my favorite. I have never written a review before, but I felt that my last experience at OBB deserved it. We had a problem with our AC and another issue, and had to move to a different room halfway thru our stay. The manager, Jackie, personally took care of us and made sure that we were happy in our new room and with our stay. She did not shy away from the problems that we were having, she started conversations with us whenever she had the opportunity. She went beyond what she needed to do in order to rectify the situation.

As I said, I never write reviews or give credence to them, because they are usually written based on one experience or only a bad experience that does not truly reflect the business.

OBB is a very special place, very tranquil. They have a beach bar which serves great drinks and small plates. There is a lot to do (paddle boards fishing, snorkeling, kayaks, bikes, tennis courts, hammocks, pool). You can also go shopping in Lucaya or Freeport, or swim with the dolphins.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Resort_Team, Manager at Old Bahama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We cannot thank you enough for your continued patronage over the years and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The staff will truly enjoy reading this – and we could not agree more that they are the ‘stars’ of our resort. We very look forward to your 8th visit!