“Very clean and friendly!”

Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here for one night and was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming. There were even cookies on the counter! The rooms were spacious and clean. The checkout is at noon which gives you plenty of time to enjoy the free breakfast! A great value for the money. Sometimes in hotels you get unexpected surprises when the bill comes at checkout but this hotel had no additional charges. A good solid hotel. I found it quiet as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Buffalo_MN, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I appreciate your kind words about my staff, the facility and our services. We hope you will visit us again when in the area.
Carrie Parchem

Reviewed 3 September 2013

As usual, this Country Inn by Carlson is a very nice property. We've stayed in many over the years. Nice lobby, friendly staff, clean, well-kept rooms. However, this time the mattress needs to be changed out for a new one. A very lumpy night's sleep on that old mattress. Stayed over a Friday night not noticing there was a train tracks directly in front of the hotel. No fewer than six trains went by overnight and all were very proud of the noise that their horns produced. To sum up - nice building, good staff, old mattress, bad location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Buffalo_MN, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to response on Trip Advisor. Occasionally we get a complaint about the trains and unfortunately that is out of our control but we do have free ear plugs available. I would love to know which room you were in so I can look at the mattress and address the issue immediately. Again thank you for your time and in the future we will try to find you a quiet room. Feel free to contact me carrie.parchem@countryinns.com

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a 13 day rental for a wheelchair using friend. The front desk personnel were consistently pleasant and were most accomodating. The housekeeping people were on top of all matters and went out of their way on numerous occasions to make the stay a great experience. We had a number of special requests. I will remember my stay by the responses I most often heard from the staff..."we'll take care of it" or "no problem" or "sure, we can do that" or we "we'll bring it right down". This is a well managed operation.

Room Tip: The whirlpool suite is well suited for the space needed by a person using a wheelchair.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the compliments. It was our pleasure to have your friend as our guest. We are so glad we could help and that it went as good as it did. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting your friends and family in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights in July. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We loved the pool and hot tub. Country Inn is always a reliable place to stay in our experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Buffalo_MN, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I appreciate all your positive feedback.
Please visit us again when you make it to area.
Carrie Parchem- General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The evening desk person made me feel so welcome that I came back for more nights. The room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was super and 2 restaurants across the parking lot were good. When being on the road too much, the staff makes such a difference. Super nice!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Buffalo_MN, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with our wonderful staff and breakfast. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My sister and I stayed here to celebrate her 50th birthday. We were able to check in early which was nice. The first room we were given was a king whirlpool so we went back to the desk and switched to what we had originally requested - two queens. The room was spacious. We noticed upon arrival that the fridge wasn't cold and could not locate a temp dial. After going around with housekeeping and the front desk, we were finally told that the fridge was new and they found the dial in the back and turned it up for us. When it still wasn't getting cold, we turned it up all the way. We had food we needed to keep cold and unfortunately, it never worked very good. We notified them of this upon check out with no apology.

We had planned on using the hot tub that evening but were informed that the jets weren't working. We were going to go anyway until we realized that no jets means no filtering - and didn't really want to sit in a public hot tub with no working filter.

The next morning at breakfast I approached the front desk about refilling some items that were out (keep in mind there was still an hour and a half left of breakfast). The woman at the desk was very cold to me, not speaking a word and just refilling. When I thanked her two times, she wouldn't even look at me. This really surprised me as the other two employees we dealt with were friendly. I know everyone has their bad days - I just didn't expect to be treated so poorly with a simple (and polite) request. That is her job. Overall the hotel was ok. Just expect there might be some issues and you won't be too disappointed.

Room Tip: Expect there might be some issues and you won't be too disappointed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CanAmClan
Buffalo_MN, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. The whirlpool was resurfaced and while you are correct the jets are disconnected until it sets and can be drilled. The spa is still being filtered and the chemicals are checked every 6 hours.
I am very embarrassed about your concerns about my staff, breakfast and the refrigerator in your room. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. I would like to offer you 1/2 off on your next visit. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Carrie Parchem General Manager.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We reserved some rooms for a wedding and one of our guests had a sick child. Their staff went above and beyond to make our guests more comfortable and helping with their sick child. We were so impressed and highly recommend them. Thank you!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Buffalo_MN, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are so glad we could help unders the circumstances. We heard it was a beautiful wedding! Congrats!

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buffalo
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Delano
Super 8 Monticello
Super 8 Monticello
#2 of 3 in Monticello
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo? Share your experiences!