“Worst experience ever”

Prime Rate Inn - Burnsville
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We reserved two rooms; one smoking and one non-smoking. When we arrived they only had smoking rooms. My daughter has asthma so we allowed her to choose the least offensive as the motel was booked. We may have had an okay stay if our next issue had been resolved. We always check for bed bugs at any hotel/motel we stay at. Upon checking, one room had hair all over in both beds! And, the one bed was made up incorrectly, with the fitted sheet under the mattress pad. The front desk clerk AND manager told us they were not going to do anything about it. We were not rude at all in our quest for clean beds. They told us we could go find them elsewhere. So, if you do not mind NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and sleeping in other peoples filth (or on a mattress pad) stay here. It is definitely not worth it for me!

1  Thank Native_to_Duluth
There are newer reviews for Prime Rate Inn - Burnsville

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights on our way back from Mount Rushmore. We took the kids to Valley fair and Mall of America (for the rides of course!!). We've stayed here before and have been doing so since the early 1990's. We paid $59.00 per night. It is definitely more than worth it. We were able to save a lot by buying the Valleyfair tickets at the hotel Front Desk. This hotel is in a good area (safe), and although the hotel is starting to show it's age, I would not hesitate to stay here again. I wouldn't hesitate to pay even $90.00 for this hotel. The hot tub was a nice temperature....I didn't try the swimming pool. The room had no issues. There is a Perkins a short walk away. If I'm travelling with my family, this is where I stay.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

If you're looking for a place to stay for just a night or a couple of nights, this place is good. It's not that expensive either. Staff was friendly. You get complimentary donuts and coffee for breakfast. There is a pool and whirlpool (I think), too, at the motel. My double-queen room had an AC that cooled the room fast, a TV, a microwave and a fridge. The room also was pretty clean. This motel is located pretty close to restaurants, shopping and the highways/interstate.

The bathroom is a bit tiny though -- just enough for a toilet and the bath/shower, and the sink is outside the door. So, it may be a bit snug if you're a larger person. I would also suggest that you bring your own shampoo/conditioner and body soap. The motel does provide these items, but they don't seem that great compared to what other motels/hotels provide. And bring a hair dryer, too.

The beds were OK -- a bit on the hard side though. The beds remind me a bit of what Motel 6 has, but they're a bit softer than Motel 6's beds.

Other than that, if you're not picky with looks and luxury, and you're simply looking for a place to stay for a short while, this is not bad. I'd probably stay here again.

Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Well what can I say? The location was fantastic so u could take ur kids to the Minnesota Zoo or ValleyFair & stay a couple nights although...they were apparently under construction as there was no ceiling in the hallway & the men's bathroom in the pool area had a sign on it about construction but didn't say it was out of order, the women's bathroom wasn't marked. When we walked into our room my daughter said "Mom do you smell that"? Yes our hotel room smelled like urine, almost left but we decided to go swimming...the pool is fantastic, it's probably the only thing that didn't ruin it for me. Continental breakfast?? HAHAHAHAHAHA...doughnuts from Holiday across the street. You definitely get what you pay for here, it wasn't an awful, horrid stay, just kinda weird & gross.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Ivyundead
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Great location close to everything! Pool and hottub was fabulous. The coffee was great too! Staff were quite friendly as well as the other guests! Only problem I found was the wi-fi did not work. If there was a computer available to use would have helped a lot too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacey S
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I went with a friend on a trip to Minneapolis. She suggested this hotel for us to stay at because she has stayed there before. I was surprised on how well it was looked after. Our room was decent, we paid a lower amount but it was only used to sleep in after long days of shopping.

We went swimming one night and I just finished getting out of the hot tub, when I went into the pool I slipped on the stairs and fell down to the bottom. The next day I had a huge black and blue bruise on my upper thigh near my (bottom). We advised the front desk staff so that it could get looked into.

I would recommend this hotel, if you decide to swim be careful on the steps.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shy99
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Just got back after a 3 day stay. Very impressed with this motel. Great value. Very clean and quite. Beds were comfortable. All the coffee and donuts you wanted. Nice pool and hot tube and very friendly and helpful staff. Would definately stay again! Nice location between Mall of America and Mystic Lake Casino.

Room Tip: I'd get a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to Prime Rate Inn - Burnsville? Share your experiences!