“Nice Motel with Friendly Staff”

Prime Rate Inn - Burnsville
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Tysons Corner, Virginia
“Nice Motel with Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

The motel was clean and the staff was friendly and understanding. As a Las Vegas immigration attorney visiting Bloomington for only a few hours to attend immigration court, this was a perfect place to freshen up and put the final touches on my legal briefs.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cloquet, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

My biyfriend and I stayed here with my mom and siblings. We loved it. It was easy and fast to get to the mall of america. we also got discounts on our vally fair tickets. the air in my mom room was broke and they moved her to a new room right away. I asked the front desk person for many things and she helped me everytime. The donuts were freash. the pool wasn't a bad temp. beds were a little hard but isnt every hotel that is cheap? now im going again with my friends!!! great hotel!!! rooms were kinda small though.

Gallup, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

We have been staying at the Prime Rate Motel in Burnsville, MN. for a week now. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Internet is great. Plenty of hot water. Not far from Mall of America as well as lots of other shopping and restaurants. Indoor pool area is clean and nice. The beds are comfortable enough, but time for new mattresses. Great value at less than 250.00 per week. I would recommend this motel for families vacationing on a budget.

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the pool area and towards the back of the building, to avoid traffic noi...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank backwoods_belle
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We arrived Sunday afternoon after two nights at a hotel that wasn't the best. We originally had a double queen room booked but asked about the family suite. After we looked at it and decided we wanted it for more room and the other advantages, the lady at the front desk gave us a really nice discount.
Having more room to sleep we all sleep well.
The pool was cold but nice. The pool area is a little small but it works.
Breakfast is just coffee, donuts, and hot chocolate. We went to Perkins which is with in walking distance from the hotel.
We stayed here being that it was fairly close to Valley Fair. The discounts on the tickets when we bought them from the hotel were great. Buy your tickets here!
We had a great experience and would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Family suite is very nice!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Duluth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We reserved two rooms; one smoking and one non-smoking. When we arrived they only had smoking rooms. My daughter has asthma so we allowed her to choose the least offensive as the motel was booked. We may have had an okay stay if our next issue had been resolved. We always check for bed bugs at any hotel/motel we stay at. Upon checking, one room had hair all over in both beds! And, the one bed was made up incorrectly, with the fitted sheet under the mattress pad. The front desk clerk AND manager told us they were not going to do anything about it. We were not rude at all in our quest for clean beds. They told us we could go find them elsewhere. So, if you do not mind NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and sleeping in other peoples filth (or on a mattress pad) stay here. It is definitely not worth it for me!

1 Thank Native_to_Duluth

Travellers are raving about these Burnsville hotels

Thunder Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights on our way back from Mount Rushmore. We took the kids to Valley fair and Mall of America (for the rides of course!!). We've stayed here before and have been doing so since the early 1990's. We paid $59.00 per night. It is definitely more than worth it. We were able to save a lot by buying the Valleyfair tickets at the hotel Front Desk. This hotel is in a good area (safe), and although the hotel is starting to show it's age, I would not hesitate to stay here again. I wouldn't hesitate to pay even $90.00 for this hotel. The hot tub was a nice temperature....I didn't try the swimming pool. The room had no issues. There is a Perkins a short walk away. If I'm travelling with my family, this is where I stay.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

If you're looking for a place to stay for just a night or a couple of nights, this place is good. It's not that expensive either. Staff was friendly. You get complimentary donuts and coffee for breakfast. There is a pool and whirlpool (I think), too, at the motel. My double-queen room had an AC that cooled the room fast, a TV, a microwave and a fridge. The room also was pretty clean. This motel is located pretty close to restaurants, shopping and the highways/interstate.

The bathroom is a bit tiny though -- just enough for a toilet and the bath/shower, and the sink is outside the door. So, it may be a bit snug if you're a larger person. I would also suggest that you bring your own shampoo/conditioner and body soap. The motel does provide these items, but they don't seem that great compared to what other motels/hotels provide. And bring a hair dryer, too.

The beds were OK -- a bit on the hard side though. The beds remind me a bit of what Motel 6 has, but they're a bit softer than Motel 6's beds.

Other than that, if you're not picky with looks and luxury, and you're simply looking for a place to stay for a short while, this is not bad. I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
#5 of 9 in Burnsville

Been to Prime Rate Inn - Burnsville? Share your experiences!