“1st time useing this hotel”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Our room was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Would use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette F
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

I am pleased to hear that your first stay was memorable and we look forward to your return.

Thanks again,

There are newer reviews for LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. The staff person was extremely nice and upgraded my room for no extra charge. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt B
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for posting your review. We try and make sure that all of our guests get the best possible accomodations at a great price, it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Such a great value! The room is clean and comfortable. The beds are very comfy and love the microwave and frig in the room. Staff is always helpful and friendly with a smile on their face. I have already recommend LivInn to many friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Bling57
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for your great review and recommendation to your family and friends. As a small family owned business we rely on our guests to spread the word regarding the great product we have here.

My team and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had a great time at this hotel. I read a couple of the other not so great reviews and I must say that I disagree. I was there for 2 weeks and everyone from the housekeepers to the manager was very friendly. I really enjoyed the maintenance guy Dan. I had 2 minor issues that were resolved within hours of me reporting them and both times Dan was great and fun to talk to, thanks to him I now consider myself a MN fishing expert. After meeting him, every time he saw me we chatted for a couple minutes which really made me feel welcome.

The room was a bit dated, but very clean and all of the staff were incredibly polite and always asked me how my stay was going and if I needed anything. I travel a lot and when you stay at a hotel that cares, it shows.

The breakfast was OK, I did eat it everyday. There really are no other ammenities such as a pool, business center or restaurant, but the staff was nice enough to let me print from the front desk computer. The beds were similar to what I have seen at 4 star hotels, very nice touch.

All in all it was a very nice basic hotel and the staff made all the difference. If you need a good deal on a clean hotel room, I would recommend this hotel to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Premium" style of room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Chris J
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your experience here. Dan is a true asset of the hotel and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We try and keep it simple, "Comfortable Rooms at Comfortable Rates".

With hospitality,

Reviewed 11 June 2012

The LivINN was exactly what I expected it to be. It is good quality for the price. The room is nicely decorated, the property is clean both inside and out, the front desk employees were friendly and helpful. The only negatives were these: there is no blow dryer in the room (available at front desk only on request) and there are not many electrical outlets (for computers, phones, etc.). I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim H
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your experience with the TA community. It is always great to hear that our guests recognize the value that we have to offer here. Just to follow-up, I wanted you to know that we are in the process of remodeling our bathrooms which will include irons and hairdryers in the rooms, currently these items are available at the front desk.

We look forwrds to meeting your lodgind needs in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this location for a time and had nothing but trouble over minor issues weekly.. We're treated horribly by most of the staff including the gm. Not hospitality oriented whatsoever. WhenStaff is at the front desk they won't even look up from the computer to greet u. I actually was having a conversation with housekeeping thst was enjoyable and he was told to stop talking and get back to work . This hotel lacks severely in both customer service and. Hospitality . Clean yes great laundry poor breakfast but mostly ur treated as if u are an incinveniene to each and every staff member.. No consistency and lack of communication between employees is prevelant. Problem solving skills are lacking . Severely inconsistent rates . Not worth ur money and no Ammenities like workout room or pool ..

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Mommajulz
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for taking time to post your review (although your husband did post a similar one some weeks ago and you decided at that time that we were still the best choice for you), I wanted to take a moment to address some of your comments. We are dedicated to providing all of our guests with "world-class" service and I know that many of my staff went out of thier way to accomodate most if not all of the requests that you made during your extended stay with us. Since you were here for months on end, I am assuming that the experience couldn't have been as poor as you described. I do know that you left for a few days and returned after, according to you, could not find another hotel of this quality at this price point.

Regarding our rates: We stand behind the fact that you can not go anyhere else in the metro area and get more for less. Although you stayed with us on an extended stay, you chose to make all of your reservations and payments through third party webistes such as Priceline and Hotwire. We encourage all of our guests, especially extended-stay guests, to book directly with us. The issue that you encountered several times was that you did not make any reservations and thus you were not eligible for our weekly rates because you chose to book through other avenues other than with us directly. Should you have chosen to stay with us under our weekly rates, as I suggested several times during your stay, you would not have experienced the issue you spoke of regarding inconsistent rates.

Should you have an interest in discussing this further, I will leave my personal contact information below.

bill.godbe@livinn.com
952-890-7999

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I spend about 2/3 rds of the year in hotels from the very best to the average. One thing that makes a stay worth while for me is the service.Harmony and Bill were both went out of their way to answer questions and concerns. And when it came to getting something fixed Dan was the best. He was polite and made coming in to my room to fix something easy to take.
Everyone here has gone way out to make my stay a pleasurable one. I will look for a Livinn Hotel first where ever I go.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what your preffrences are. They will help you pick the right room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review and share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We truly believe that the service we provide to our guests is one of the reasons we have seen such great success. Customer service costs nothing but makes all the difference, it is our goal that each and everyone of our guests experiences 5 star world-class service at an affordable price.

We look forward to meeting your lodging needs the next time your travel plans include the Burnsville area!

With hospitality,

Bill Godbe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!