“Great clean hotel w/ good service”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Minnesota
“Great clean hotel w/ good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

This hotel was great. I say that even though when we got there our room wasn't ready and the breakfast was lacking. The desk lady was very nice and polite and upgraded our room right away. The room was a king suite and it was perfect for 2 people. Everything was very clean. Downside was there was no pool and the location is away from all the restaurants and stores. But the hotel made up for it with being so great.

• Stayed May 2012
, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for posting such a nice review. I think you said exactly what we try to communicate, we provide comfortable, clean rooms at an unbeatable price with a team that truly enjoys being in the hospitality industry.

On a side note, there are two restaurants in the process of opening on our block. One is in our parking lot and will be a traditional steak house, the other is on our block a couple doors down and will be hot wing style restaurant. They should be open very soon.

Bill Godbe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Iron River, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Our room was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Would use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeanette F
I am pleased to hear that your first stay was memorable and we look forward to your return.

Thanks again,

Fargo, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. The staff person was extremely nice and upgraded my room for no extra charge. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Matt B
Thank you for posting your review. We try and make sure that all of our guests get the best possible accomodations at a great price, it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Such a great value! The room is clean and comfortable. The beds are very comfy and love the microwave and frig in the room. Staff is always helpful and friendly with a smile on their face. I have already recommend LivInn to many friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Bling57
Thank you for your great review and recommendation to your family and friends. As a small family owned business we rely on our guests to spread the word regarding the great product we have here.

My team and I look forward to your return!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had a great time at this hotel. I read a couple of the other not so great reviews and I must say that I disagree. I was there for 2 weeks and everyone from the housekeepers to the manager was very friendly. I really enjoyed the maintenance guy Dan. I had 2 minor issues that were resolved within hours of me reporting them and both times Dan was great and fun to talk to, thanks to him I now consider myself a MN fishing expert. After meeting him, every time he saw me we chatted for a couple minutes which really made me feel welcome.

The room was a bit dated, but very clean and all of the staff were incredibly polite and always asked me how my stay was going and if I needed anything. I travel a lot and when you stay at a hotel that cares, it shows.

The breakfast was OK, I did eat it everyday. There really are no other ammenities such as a pool, business center or restaurant, but the staff was nice enough to let me print from the front desk computer. The beds were similar to what I have seen at 4 star hotels, very nice touch.

All in all it was a very nice basic hotel and the staff made all the difference. If you need a good deal on a clean hotel room, I would recommend this hotel to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Premium" style of room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Chris J
Thank you for taking time to share your experience here. Dan is a true asset of the hotel and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We try and keep it simple, "Comfortable Rooms at Comfortable Rates".

With hospitality,

atlanta, ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

The LivINN was exactly what I expected it to be. It is good quality for the price. The room is nicely decorated, the property is clean both inside and out, the front desk employees were friendly and helpful. The only negatives were these: there is no blow dryer in the room (available at front desk only on request) and there are not many electrical outlets (for computers, phones, etc.). I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim H
Thank you for posting your review and sharing your experience with the TA community. It is always great to hear that our guests recognize the value that we have to offer here. Just to follow-up, I wanted you to know that we are in the process of remodeling our bathrooms which will include irons and hairdryers in the rooms, currently these items are available at the front desk.

We look forwrds to meeting your lodgind needs in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this location for a time and had nothing but trouble over minor issues weekly.. We're treated horribly by most of the staff including the gm. Not hospitality oriented whatsoever. WhenStaff is at the front desk they won't even look up from the computer to greet u. I actually was having a conversation with housekeeping thst was enjoyable and he was told to stop talking and get back to work . This hotel lacks severely in both customer service and. Hospitality . Clean yes great laundry poor breakfast but mostly ur treated as if u are an incinveniene to each and every staff member.. No consistency and lack of communication between employees is prevelant. Problem solving skills are lacking . Severely inconsistent rates . Not worth ur money and no Ammenities like workout room or pool ..

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Mommajulz
, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your review (although your husband did post a similar one some weeks ago and you decided at that time that we were still the best choice for you), I wanted to take a moment to address some of your comments. We are dedicated to providing all of our guests with "world-class" service and I know that many of my staff went out of thier way to accomodate most if not all of the requests that you made during your extended stay with us. Since you were here for months on end, I am assuming that the experience couldn't have been as poor as you described. I do know that you left for a few days and returned after, according to you, could not find another hotel of this quality at this price point.

Regarding our rates: We stand behind the fact that you can not go anyhere else in the metro area and get more for less. Although you stayed with us on an extended stay, you chose to make all of your reservations and payments through third party webistes such as Priceline and Hotwire. We encourage all of our guests, especially extended-stay guests, to book directly with us. The issue that you encountered several times was that you did not make any reservations and thus you were not eligible for our weekly rates because you chose to book through other avenues other than with us directly. Should you have chosen to stay with us under our weekly rates, as I suggested several times during your stay, you would not have experienced the issue you spoke of regarding inconsistent rates.

Should you have an interest in discussing this further, I will leave my personal contact information below.

bill.godbe@livinn.com
952-890-7999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
#5 of 9 in Burnsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!