“familyvacation”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“familyvacation”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I came to MN to visit family in St. Cloud area and stopped here for 2 nights so the family could go to Mall of America and Valley Fair. This hotel is right in the middle of both places. Very easy access on and off of the interstate. Staff is friendly and helpful. Loved the towels, very soft and fluffy. Soap from Bath and Body works! not some no name product that I have never heard of. Room was very nice at a good price. I will stay here again. Only one thing I would like to see, that is a toaster in the breakfast area to make toast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to post this review. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay. As you said, we are conveniently located near many of the Twin Cities' premier attractions including Valley Fair, Mystic Lake Casino, Mall of America, Burnsville Center,MSP Int'l Airport, Target Field, Excel Center and both Minneapolis and St. Paul.

We look forward to your return!

Bill Godbe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was in the cities for a class at Normandale Community College. My Garmin couldn't find the hotel, which was frustrating. I would describe the hotel as sort of out of the way. It wasn't new by any means, but it was clean. The front desk staff was awesome, the price was right. I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear TA Member:

Thank you for taking time to post your review. As an alumni of Normandale College it was great to have you as my guest in the hotel. We are conveniently located off of I-35W and theBurnsville Parkway, minutes from Bloomington (Mall of America / The Airport), Minneapolis & St. Paul.

We try to keep it simple here at the LivINN Hotel, Clean Rooms & Great Service. It is wonderful to read your comments about these items and we look forward to your return.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were in town for a Minnesota Twins game but wanted to stay close to friends in Apple Valley and we ended up here. I used Priceline and got an outstanding rate. I read reviews and saw that Priceline guests usually got a room that wasn't up to par with the rest of the rooms. I was curious so I called the hotel the day before our arrival and inquired about an upgrade and the Priceline issue I read about. I spoke with Jessica and she said we were reserved for a premium double Queen bed room, which was surprising. I asked about how much an upgrade would cost and she said it was nothing and put us in a premium King bed room. The room was great and the bathroom was not small as some of the other reviews have stated. They had quality bathroom/shower products as well. My friend came by to pick us up and was amazed at how nice our room looked and commented that he would stay in a LivInn if he had the opportunity. The room was very clean but I did notice some scratches in the leather on the headboard and some small stains on the floor but that's normal wear and tear. It was not a big deal. Moriah did a great job on the room. It was a very hot day and the AC was turned off when we walked in so it did smell a little musty/sweaty but we turned on the AC and sprayed a little air freshener and that took care of that. Jessica at the front desk was very polite and offered her help with anything we needed. I have no complaints, as it exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for taking itme to post a review of your experience here. Your comments are much appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with my team.

I look forward to the next time your travel plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We were visiting MN for a family reunion July 5-11, but were traveling to another part of the state for two days. So we had to do a split reservation. I checked all of the travel booking sites but opted to call the hotel directly, and it was a good choice. "Charlotte" helped me with our reservation and was able to offer us a good price for our room. She was very helpful, friendly and professional. She was also the one to get us checked in upon arrival. She is definately an asset to this company. It is very refreshing to deal with a person in hospitality who was actually hospitable. The room was very nice, with a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave tucked neatly away. The beds were comfortable with clean crisp sheets....sans the typical polyester bedspread. The only thing was the bathroom was rather small. But it served its purpose. They did serve breakfast, but we did not sample it so I can not comment on that. The hotel was relatively close to our family and had easy access to the freeway so it worked well for our purpose. I would recommend the LivInn to others, and would stay there again. Thank you Charlotte.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear TA Member:

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your stay at the LivINN Hotel of Burnsville. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your experience and I also want to take a moment to agree with your comments regarding our Guest Service Manager, Charlotte. She is a true hospitality professional and a valuable asset to the hotel. I will be sure to share your commments with her and the rest of the team.

We look forward to your return the next time your plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Quiet hotel with solid construction that keeps out a lot of noise from outside and other guests. We weren't disturbed the entire time we were there by noise. Coin operated laundry-only $1 for wash and $1 for dry; very reasonable. Staff was all very nice and personable, especially the GM. The express breakfast was suitable for what we needed: cereal, milk, orange and apple juice, bagels w/cream cheese, assorted packaged donuts and pastries with fresh bananas. Our double room had a small fridge and a microwave with a coffee maker. My only complaint is the bathroom was hardly big enough to get dressed in, let alone turn around or maneuver in. Awesome water pressure, though. The room was not too small but the huge armoire which held the tv, microwave and fridge seems unnecessary and took up valuable space in the room. I like the fact that they do a background check on their guests and they check the room before you leave, so you get your deposit back sooner. There are no restaurants within walking distance (obviously, not the hotels fault) but there are a lot of places to eat just a minute or two (by car) south of town. Would stay again and was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to post this review about our hotel. It is great to hear that my staff and I made such a positive impression on you and that the service your received made a good stay even better.

It was my pleasure having you as a guest and I look forward to your return!

BRENTWOOD
Reviewed 9 July 2012

OK, there were probably other things I enjoyed about this place, but I can't get past the fact this is the best bed I've slept in since staying in a new Marriott in downtown Orlando years ago. The rest of the place was fine--clean, amenities, etc. The room was small, if that's important to you. But the TV, mini-fridge, etc. were all contained in a lovely, large unit at the foot of the bed. Mark it down for not having a hairdryer. But the bed....!

Room Tip: We stop at a McDonald's each afternoon, then use their online acccessibility to tap into Kayak o...
2 Thank Larry J
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to post such a great review about our hotel. Coming from a seasoned traveler such as yourself, the positive feedback is great. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new luxuroius pillow-top mattresses.

I look forward to your return.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed at Livinn July 6-8 and had a wonderful stay! I booked a King Economy through Travelocity and we got checked in fast and easily. Charlotte was very accommodating and did a great job while checking us in by answering all questions we had about the area and she was willing to look up information for us to answer our questions!

Room furniture was really nice including a small granite table with comfy leather chairs and a really comfy plush pillowtop king bed that was sooo nice to sleep on! The tv was older but worked great. A fridge and microwave were included in the room but unfortunately were not cleaned out very well which was a disappointment.

The bathroom was small but worked for us. Bath and Body works products were available for guests which was really nice! There is no hairdryer or fan in the bathroom but wasn't too big of a deal because the A/C is located right outside the bathroom. The shower head was a little low and the water temperature fluctuated after running for too long though also but worked fine the next day we used it.

Overall, Livinn met all of our expectations. Very friendly staff, prepackaged food available for breakfast with drinks also, good location off the interstate, and very clean hotel throughout the facility. We would definitely stay again.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TA. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will return the next time your plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

I want everyone to know that we do have hair dryers and irons available at the front desk and very soon we will be completing a full renovation of our bathrooms which will include, but not be limited to, the installation of these items in the rooms.

Bill Godbe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
#5 of 9 in Burnsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!