“Good, but could be better!”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
London
“Good, but could be better!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks while visiting a family member nearby.

Positives:.. Good location, close to major roadways, staff were very friendly (especially Jasmine who was very helpful when i checked in), great wifi, better than most other budget hotel's ive stayed in. Nice flat screen HD TV with a lot of channels, though a channel guide would have been helpful too!.

Negatives:.. Very noisy rooms as you do hear every single passing car, motorcycle and truck tat passes, this i guess is a pay off for being close to major roadways but a notice or a heads-up would have been good. Especially at night, it can be hard to doze off if you are not a heavy sleeper. The bedside lamps did not work correctly,when switched on they just flickered which was very off-putting, in the end i gave up and kept them turned off. The bed was great, comfy and huge, BUT if you are going to have a bed where you can see underneath it then you actually have to clean under there too and not just around it, there were a couple of plastic cups and a LOT of dust and grime under there.

Summary...
For the price and location, I was happy enough and will stay there again. Few minor tweaks to making sure things work correctly and are cleaned, then it would be very hard to fault this hotel, but right now this hotel gets a "could be better!"

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Well this isn't the 1st time i rented from this hotel but every time i do i get the best customer service and the up most respect from there. but there is 1 person that stands out the most and that's Shailla she's always smiling, upbeat, and professional and always putting the customer 1st. just want to say thanks guys keep up the good work and i'm telling all my friends and enemies :) about my experiences

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Ellendale, North Dakota
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I checked in and the Asst Manager took over a half an hour to do the "paperwork". He said because I reserved the room for a week, it took longer to check in. Yikes! When he handed me my key, the room number did not match the paperwork; luckily I noticed it before I hauled my stuff upstairs. When I got into the room, there was a towel and a pair of underwear next to the bed, no towels and when I tried to call down to the front desk the phone cord fell out of the phone. The Asst. Manager brought me towels and I gave him the left over items from the room in a bag. Overall the room is clean - with the exception of what I found - I have to give them the benefit of the doubt that the cleaning crew did not look next to the bed so the "deep clean" they made me pay for prior at check in was refunded. The amenities in this hotel are good: Huge TV, comfy bed and an up to date fridge and microwave. It would be a great place for a construction crew to stay. There were a lot of men at this hotel - it was a little too much activity for me, as a single woman visiting her grandchildren. Next door is a bar called "The Rack" - No they don't serve ribs! It's a homemade Hooters. Other things I would recommend if they want to improve would be to fix the wobbly table in Room 207, use a little Old English on their scratched up furniture and put a towel rack over the toilet for the extra towels you need for a longer term stay.

Room Tip: If you like a lot of men around, this is the place for you!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We had reservations at this hotel for an entire week but left after 3 days as we could no longer stand it. The room was absolutely filthy. We found old/moldy chicken nuggets on our floor, the bathroom was dirty and the tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The room is not at all soundproof - we were awakened several times each evening by people talking and then slamming their doors in the hallways and then every morning guests would stand outside and visit and we could hear them talking as clearly as if they were right outside our room. The hotel would not refund our money as they stated that we paid for a week and were given the "weekly rate". We do not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank notenough11
Newaygo, Michigan
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I put items into the safe, the battery went dead, would not allow us to open the safe, she stayed in contact with me, worked efficiently to have someone come and open the safe, was very understanding. Thanks for all your help Laura, at the front desk.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Marion
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had found a "pre-paid" deal that got us $50 a night for a room with two queen beds. This is a pretty great deal, I must say. You can't be too picky for that kind of a price. I did think that the room was a bit small with those two big beds and the other furniture. We had to move stuff around to get our baby's Pack N Play to fit. The bathroom was incredibly tiny so much that I was sitting on the toilet and when I bent over I hit my head on the doorknob. The chain on the flush handle also became detached so I had to reach down in the toilet tank to reattach it and that was annoying. The shower tempeture was intermittent cold then hot, and back to cold. When I checked in they gave me the wrong room (a single King Bed) and we had family so this was not pleasing, but they still had double queen rooms available and switched us no problem. The breakfast left much to be desired with pre-packaged muffins but no butter to put on them and some other pre-packaged pastries. There was milk and cereal. I'm not picky and I'd say it was was all generallyacceptable for the price, but I'm aware not everyone can get a room for that low of a price all the time. I did think the property was nice and clean and the staff was professional and friendly. If I could get a similar deal again at this place next time I visit the Twin Cities I'd consider staying there again, maybe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Virginia, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel again, for four nights.
We have stayed at this property numerous times.
During this stay, we had a front desk associate named Shailla working all 5 days wee were there.
Her smile and just wonderful attitude just made us smile every day.
We will be back again soon. We love this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!