“updated rooms, comfy bed”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stay at LivInn about once a month. I've noticed the past year that many rooms have been updated. My bed was perfect last night, and I slept better than I do at home. (and this is in a room right next to the elevator). Well done on the updates. Also the new steak place next door had great food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christie T

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I have booked with the LivINN for 3 times and each time has been hassle free.We recently stayed there yesterday night and left our ipod on the bed and checked out. After calling Gina at the service desk she proceeded to call about 20 people just to see if someone turned it in. She went above and beyond just to help us recover it. It turns out one of the maids, Ada turned it in. To be honest I thought I would never see it again. Thanks to these two honest helpful employees. Im happy to say i would stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sierra L
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I found LivInn to be clean; the staff to be friendly and helpful and the express breakfast was adequate. The bathroom was incredibly small, but there is an area beside it with the sink and space to dress. Storage was above average. The location is ideal for Mall of America, as you can get right on the Interstate and get off right at Mall of America. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: It's totally a non-smoking facility which I appreciated. I only experienced the room on the Int...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia M
Skye K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Patricia M.,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review of the LivINN Hotel Burnsville! I'm so glad that you found our hotel to be a great value, because that's exactly what we pride ourselves in - great service at a great value. Thanks again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel on Hotwire and proceeded to trip advisor to see if people have enjoyed their stay. It was rated good so was pleased with deal it got online. Once we got there its located on an exit with a bunch of other old budget hotels I never heard of. I could tell once we pulled in to the parking lot we were in trouble, strange clientele hanging outside etc. They have put an effort to upgrade the Hotel and the lobby looks nice but that's where it ends. It's like they ran out of money and only did some upgrades. Our room smelt like carpet deodorizer and it had this massive entertainment unit that took up so much room. The room door was incredible thin and you could hear everything going on in the hallway. Thank goodness the air conditioner was loud cause the kids were scared of all the talking in the parking lot and hallway. But the weirdest thing about this place was the continental breakfast, everything was prepackaged like twinkies and muffins and cereal bars.... So weird. Place was strange from start to finish.

• Stayed: August 2013
7  Thank Philthy71
Skye K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Philthy71,

I'm very sorry that you didn't have a more positive experience at our hotel. I will be taking your comments into consideration as we are constantly working on upgrades & improvements throughout the hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience - we always appreciate guest feedback!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

At first, I was impressed with the hotel. The room seemed like it was a great value, it was nicely updated and had newer amenities. But you definitely get what you pay for, and there is a reason this hotel has to be listed so cheaply! The clientele this attracts spoke volumes--literally--at all hours of the night. Cops were there every night of our stay, and even banged on our door and didn't apologize after making a mistake and scaring us half to death. DEFINITELY NOT KID FRIENDLY in any way, shape or form. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, they were barely tolerable. Night staff is basically hopeless. And, the kicker of this all is that this place is MUCH more expensive in the long run because of hidden fees, and invasive and ultra-personal "requirements" of their tenants that they then charge you for! RUN, don't walk away from this place. There are several other options in Burnsville that, while seeming a little more pricey at the onset, end up saving you money and some of your dignity by not being submitted to a background check, or hassled and charged for a continental breakfast like you're a common criminal.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank HopShopper
Skye K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear HopShopper,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience at our property! I'm happy to say that we have a completely new management team in place since your stay here in April. We have made providing excellent customer service our top priority, and have instated some new policies to prevent disturbances by other guests.

I apologize again that you had such a negative experience, but I hope that you will consider giving us a second chance if you're ever back in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Check-in was fast & easy & made to feel welcomed. King size bed was very comfortable & slept like a rock. Room was large for an economy room. Clean & well kept. Free breakfast was prepackaged pastries & cereal, fresh fruit. Coffee though came out of a premixed dispenser. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Skye K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Pandl76,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience! I'm so glad to hear that you had a positive experience at check-in, and that you enjoyed your room and the comfortable bed. I really appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I had made reservations online. When I arrived to check in, they asked for the card I used on line and ran it for the amount I was quoted. They then stated that they needed to run it again for an additional $100 for a security deposit and background check as well as for a small amount per night for phone and safe fees and breakfast. I told the person at the counter that I was not intending on using the phone or safe or eating breakfast, but that didn't matter the charges would be added either way. The background check was really what threw me through a loop. What hotel chain requires a background check? That's insane! Not only do they expect that their guests submit to a background check, they expect their guests to pay $30 for it. INSANE! I have never been treated so poorly. I am not opposed to background checks in certain situations, but staying at a hotel while on vacation is one that I will not agree to. The other thing that I found odd is that before the conversation about fees and a background check, the person checking us in asked "when would you like your room cleaned Monday-Friday?" I thought that she was asking about a time of day, which I thought was very considerate, so when I answered that early afternoon would best be in our plans, she explained that they would only clean the room once during our stay and that I would need to pick a day of the week for the cleaning to occur. When I cancelled the reservation due to these hidden charges and the background check that I would not submit to, they told me I would need to pay for the first night anyway. Thank God I have a smart phone, I pulled up the email that stated that I could cancel before 5pm (it was 2 pm at the time) on the first day without penalty. They did reverse the payment and did not charge me for the days stay like they wanted. Terrible service, terrible policies and an unfortunate change since our 2010 stay which was excellent. I recommend running as far away from this chain as humanly possible.

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Amy M

Dear Amy M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm very sorry that our policies got in the way of you having a great stay with us. We do have strict policies for our guests that book at our low weekly rates, which are all outlined in the terms and conditions when booking online. I realize that in a world where lengthy terms & conditions are just about everywhere it's easy to breeze by them, but unfortunately that is the only place that we are able to load our policies into the online booking platforms. We also realize that these policies may not be suitable for everyone (for example, a vacationing family), so our nightly rates allow for more typical hotel policies. While I would have hoped that the guest service representative would have offered to convert your reservation to our regular nightly rate, it doesn't sound like that was the case.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations, but hope that you will contact us directly the next time you plan to be in town. I'd love to have you stay with us again.

Skye

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
AmericInn Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
#3 of 9 in Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!